- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello guys. I'm finally back to writing this! Sorry for the ridiculously long wait. There were multiple reasons why it took so long, but I won't make excuses. The story is going to last a few more chapters than I originally thought. This chapter is short, but it sets up what is coming up. I'm already working on the next chapter. Thank you for reading and please enjoy!
Fleeting Love: Chapter 16

Jon awoke confined and laying on something soft. Rubbing at his eyes, memories from last night slowly came back to him. He and Alexis had spent the rest of the day in her room. After the toe job, Alexis nestled him in her bosom so he could take a nap. The events of the previous day had thoroughly worn Jon out.

She woke him up a couple hours later and they settled in to watch a movie. He was even allowed to sit in-between her big and second toe, the seat of honor. When the movie ended, Alexis grew him back to normal size. Jon put his boxers back on and they laid in bed watching TV in each other's arms. At around 10 PM they decided to go to bed. Alexis stopped him as he went to lie down.

" Ah,ah,ah. What do you think you're doing? " she said putting a hand on his chest.

" Going to sleep? Aren't you? " he asked confused.

" Yes. We both are. But this isn't your bed. Your bed is down there, foot boy. "

Jon's eyes went to where her finger was pointing, her left foot. A smile broke across his face.

" Whatever you say, babe. " he said happily.

He gave her a quick kiss and crawled to her feet. As he crawled, he steadily dwindled in size. At his new size, he only came up to about the middle of her sole. While Jon planted a kiss on her sole, Alexis reached over to the nightstand and opened up the top drawer. With a flourish, she took out a balled pair of socks.

" Wouldn't want you getting cold now would we? " Alexis grinned.

" No, I suppose not. "

She gently picked him up and dropped him into one of the socks. He was followed by Alexis' right foot. Jon clung onto her toes as she got into a comfortable position. Alexis laid down on her stomach, so her sole was facing up.

" You alright down there? "

" I'm great! " he yelled to be heard.

" Okay. Good night, Jon. Don't stay awake too long. "

" No promises! "

Alexis went silent after that, quickly falling asleep. Jon stayed up for awhile longer, kissing her sole affectionately. At some point he must've passed out from exhaustion. He tried rising up from her sole, only to be restricted by the sock. Grabbing onto Alexis' soft skin, he climbed up to her heel. Jon opened the sock and pulled himself out.

As he did, he lost his balance on her leg and fell off. Standing back up, he saw that Alexis was still dead asleep and showed no signs of waking up.

" Hmmm... What to do? Ah ha! I think I have an idea. "

Jon held the sock on her right foot in both hands and began pulling it down her foot. It took a lot of effort to drag the sock all the way down to her toes. Once it was there, he tugged it the rest of the way off. He admired the gorgeous sole for a moment before jumping onto it. His tiny body sunk into her sole and he began kissing it once again.

Alexis' toes twitched at his movement. Suddenly, she stirred and lifted her head up.

" Ugh, what time is it? " she grumbled.

Jon leapt off her foot and ran to the head of the bed.

" Morning, babe! " he yelled as he neared.

Alexis looked towards him with a grin. " Morning, foot boy. Did you sleep well? " she laughed.

" Fantastic. Like I was on a cloud. You? "

" Better knowing you were here and Parker's gone. "

" Happy to hear it. "

" I think it's time to make you big again. I wanna hug my amazing boyfriend. "

" I think your boyfriend would be okay with that. "

Gently picking him up, Alexis lowered him to the floor. Jon shot up to his normal height immediately. He sat down on the bed and hugged his girlfriend tightly.

" Thanks for everything yesterday. It was amazing. But don't think you have to do that all the time now. Only when you want, okay? "

" It was the least I could do. "

Jon looked at the clock on the nightstand. It was nearly eleven o'clock again.

" Um, Alexis? There's something I need to do today. Hopefully I'll only be gone a couple hours. " he said already cringing.

" What? What do you need to do? I was hoping we'd be able to spend the day together. Go do some activities. " she said breaking the hug.

" I need to talk to Aphrodite. Everything that's happened recently has got me thinking. Getting stranded on the Isle of Amazons, what Parker said. If Aphrodite's going to always be a part of my life, I need to know you and I are safe. That she won't kill me on a whim, separate us, or worse. I can't sit around and worry about it. I'm going to make some kind of deal with her. "

" What? Are you serious? Do you really think she'll make a deal with you? "

" I don't know, but I have to try. Please, Alexis. Just let me do this and then we'll do whatever you want. Okay? "

With a concerned look, Alexis took Jon's hand.

" I'm not sure how much I like this idea, but I won't stop you. Be careful though, okay? "

" Of course. I'll be back as soon as possible. "

Jon kissed the top of Alexis' head and stood up. As he picked up his shorts from the pile of clothes, the chain fell out of his pocket by Alexis' foot.

" What's this? " she asked picking it up.

" Some necklace I found on my balcony. Not sure how it got there. I was going to turn it in to Lost & Found. "

" Pretty weird, isn't it? Looks old. I've never seen anything like it. "

" It might be valuable then. All the more reason to turn it in. " Jon said pulling on his shirt.

Alexis handed him back the necklace.

" Alright. I guess I'll see you later. Don't take too long and be safe. "

Alexis hugged Jon around the waist.

" I'll try my best. "

The couple shared a quick kiss and Jon was off. It was time to make deal.

__________________________________________________________

" Aphrodite? Are you in here? " Jon asked opening the door to her office.

He'd tried speaking to her with his mind on the way up, but there was no response. The room appeared to be empty as well.

" Aphrodite! I need to talk to you! It's important! " he yelled at the ceiling.

" What is it, Jonathan? I'm quite busy. " Aphrodite said materializing in the desk chair.

The goddess seemed off today. Her blonde hair was not styled in any way, instead it hung freely around her shoulders. She wore a white toga and a single piece of jewelry, her golden ruby necklace. She wasn't her usual cheery self either. In fact, she looked very displeased.

" We need to talk about the future. Everything that's happened recently got me thinking. I can't keep doing this and constantly worry about dying or some other god taking me prisoner. I need some reassurances for me and Alexis. I need to know we're safe. "

Aphrodite fixed him with a cold stare. That familiar, ominous energy crept into the air.

" I don't NEED to give you anything. How many times must I remind you of your place in this relationship? You don't get to demand anything from me. I have been kind to you, have I not? I let you reunite with the girl you love. And yet here you are asking for more. Maybe I should give you a reason to truly fear for your life. " she said rising in her chair.

As she spoke, the energy grew stronger. Jon began to tremble slightly. He felt incredibly small standing before the goddess without her actually shrinking him. Suddenly, Jon dropped down on one knee and diverted his eyes to the floor.

" Please, Aphrodite. I didn't mean any disrespect... I'm afraid. I'll make a deal with you. Anything to know we're safe. Please... "

Aphrodite was silent for a moment.

" Get up. You're far less amusing when you beg. I will hear what you have to say, but there's a price. " the goddess said with a wicked grin forming.

Jon didn't know which he was more afraid of, an angry Aphrodite or a mischievously happy one.

" What is it? " he asked standing up.

" It wouldn't be any fun if I told you exactly what it is. I'm getting an idea. The biggest game we've ever done. A three part game. A triathlon of feet you might say. Each individual game being more difficult than the last. "

" Alright. Sounds fair enough. None of them are going to kill me are they? "

Aphrodite got out of her chair and walked around to the front of the desk. Sitting on the edge of the desk and crossing her legs, she continued talking.

" Of course not, Jonathan. They're going to be fair like you said. Now, the rules. Once you start this triathlon, there is no turning back. If you don't pass the game you never leave that game until you do. You beat a game by doing what I tell you to at the beginning. The goal will be very clear. I will not help you in any way during the games. It's all up to you. If you win the triathlon, then we can talk. Is that agreeable? "

" Yes... There's no other way? We can't just talk without doing this? "

" No. It's this way or not at all. What is your answer? "

Jon thought about the proposal. Much as he hated the idea of doing another game, he didn't have a lot of say in the matter. If he wanted to make a deal, he was going to have to suck it up.

" Alright. I agree. "

" Wonderful! " she said hopping off the desk.

She came down the two steps and offered him her hand. He took it in a firm handshake.

" Let the games begin. " Aphrodite said still smiling.

The second the words left her mouth, Jon was thrown into darkness.
Chapter End Notes:
Aphrodite's still got a few tricks up her sleeve. Will Jon be ready for them?