- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the wait guys. There's some foot action in this chapter. Hope you enjoy!
Fleeting Love: Chapter 10

The next five months of Jon's life passed by in a blur. The second day of Jon's training wasn't as bad as the first. Evandre started him on a consistent training regimen. Running around the city, sparring with Nathan, lifting metal balls of assorted weights. Every day he worked out a different part of his body.

By the end of each day, he was extremely tired and sore. Evandre let him take some days off to rest and recuperate. As the training went on, Jon noticed on his resting days he started feeling really good. He just felt in shape. Jon's life was anything but boring, however.

One night, during his second week of training, an unexpected visitor came to his room in the barracks. Jon was laying on his oversized bed resting, when someone knocked on the door. He was immediately suspicious. No one had ever come to see him while he'd been staying at the barracks. All of the amazons didn't like that he was allowed to walk among them freely and they couldn't do anything to him. Wearily, he cracked open the door.

Standing outside was Phoebe's friend, Asteria. She was wearing a rough tan shirt with the sleeves cut off and a low V. Loose fighting, brown pants covered her legs and were tucked into brown leather boots on her feet.

" Asteria? " Jon asked confused.

" Hello, Jon. I didn't think you'd remember me. " she said smiling.

" I'm pretty good with faces. So, what're you doing here? " Jon realized he had never seen Asteria without her armor on. She had short cut, light brown hair and dark blue eyes. He guessed she was about 6 inches shorter than Phoebe.

" We should talk about that in private. May I come in? "

" Uh, sure. "

Jon stepped out of the way as Asteria came in and sat on the bed. Where the bed was much too big for him, it looked just right for her. He was reminded just how small he was.

" I heard you've been training with Evandre. How's that going? "

" You know Evandre? "

" I've heard of her. She's one of the best warriors on this island and a highly regarded trainer. Many sisters believe she could be the next queen. "

" I didn't know about all that. "

" Yes, she is quite impressive. Let's talk about why I'm here, " Asteria patted the bed next to her ", take a seat. " Jon climbed up onto the bed next to the amazon. " As you know, I've been taking care of Phoebe while her ankles healing. The other day she told me something interesting about you. "

" What? "

" You give a really good foot massage. "

" Um, yeah. I've been told I do. "

" Not only that. You like feet too. " Jon didn't have a response to that. " It's nothing to be ashamed of. In fact, that's why I'm here. Would you mind giving me a foot massage? Walking to and from Phoebe's cabin is hard on my poor feet. " she said giving him puppy dog eyes.

Jon wasn't about to turn Asteria down. It had been days since he'd given Phoebe that massage. The only feet he saw were Evandre's during training and he doubted she wanted a foot rub. He was forced to look at her feet from afar.

" Sure, I'd be happy to. "

" Great! Help me with my boots? "

Jon hopped off the bed and moved in front of the amazons long legs. He put his hands on both sides of her giant boot and pulled with all his strength. It took a couple minutes, but he got the boot off and went to the next one. Asteria hooked her feet under Jon's armpits and lifted him up onto the bed. Sitting between her feet, Jon's head only came up a few inches over them.

" Go ahead and start. " Asteria said smiling down at him.

He moved back a bit, taking his first good look at Asteria's feet. Her feet were pale, Jon assumed it was from wearing boots often. Her toes were short, compared to the rest of her large foot. The nails on her toes were well kept. All in all, it appeared Asteria took very good care of her feet.

Much like Phoebe, Asteria's feet were too big for Jon to get a good grip on. So, instead he rubbed circles into her sole. Asteria's toes clenched happily as he rubbed. After rubbing each of her soft soles from top to bottom, Jon moved up to her toes. He worked his fingers into every one of them. Asteria leaned back and sighed in pleasure. When he finished rubbing her toes, he found himself wanting more.

" You don't mind if I take it further do you? " Jon asked.

" Not at all. This is fantastic, Jon. " Asteria answered dreamily.

Jon reached up and planted a kiss on her big toe. A smile grew on Asteria's face. Jon took that as a sign she wasn't against it. He continued to kiss all of her toes. This went on for a few minutes, then Jon pulled his oversized shirt off. He wrapped his legs around her foot, locking his ankles over the top side, and started humping her tremendous sole.

His member repeatedly poked into her soft skin, driving him wild. Not able to hold it in any longer, he exploded onto her sole and fell off her foot. As Jon panted on the bed, Asteria rose up and looked at the sole of her foot.

" That was fun, Jon. We're definitely going to have to do that again. " She pulled a rag from her pocket and wiped off her foot. " Phoebe told me to bring this. Now I see why. Are you going to be okay? " she asked pulling her boots on.

Jon nodded, still breathing heavily. " I have to go. Take it easy, little guy. I'll come back in the next few days. " Asteria stood up, went to the door, looked back with a grin and left. Jon just laid on the bed catching his breath.

__________________________________________________________

Jon shifted the blade to his other hand. This was it, his last fight with Nathan. He had been training for about two months now. He felt like Jonathan 2.0, stronger, faster, better. When he proved he could put up a good fight in hand to hand combat, Evandre said it was time to start training with a sword. She gave him a pair of pants that actually fit and a sheathed sword on a belt.

The sword itself was made of a dark metal. It was long and thin without a cross-guard. Evandre told him it was his job to keep the sword sharp and in good condition. The first few days with the sword were hard. Nathan was just as good with a sword as he was with his fists. Jon's hands now had multiple small cars from their skirmishes.

After another month, Evandre said it was time for the test to see if Jon could move on to the next part of his training. He was given two days to rest and prepare himself. Now, he was staring down Nathan with his sword in hand. This fight would go on until one of them gave up or was incapacitated. Anything and everything was allowed.

" Are both of you ready? " Evandre called.

They both nodded in response.

" Begin! " she yelled.

Jon immediately took a defensive stance. He knew from experience that attacking Nathan head on was idiotic. The only times he'd beaten Nathan were when he started out defending. Nathan wasted no time going on the offensive. He charged Jon, slashing quickly. Jon blocked or parried each cut. He parried a strike coming from his left, sending Nathan's sword wide.

Jon, realizing this was his chance, shot out his blade and left a long cut on Nathan's bicep. Nathan darted backwards and inspected the cut. It wasn't very deep, but it was going to affect him. Any attack coming from that arm would now be weaker and hurt Nathan at the same time. Nathan switched the sword to his other hand and moved forward.

The two then engaged in a flurry of blows. Jon was forced to go on the retreat. The injury wasn't making Nathan as cautious as he thought it would. If anything, it was making him more aggressive than before. Nathan made a large downward slice that Jon caught with his sword.

The two were caught in a struggle to overpower the other. Normally, Nathan would overpower him with little resistance, but now Jon had the upper hand. Jon had two usable hands to Nathan's one. However, after a couple minutes of this Jon felt himself losing the struggle. Nathan gave one more push and Jon's sword went spinning away. Jon leaped back as Nathan swung his sword in a downward arc.

Unfortunately, he was too slow. Nathan's sword bit into the skin above his eye. As Nathan's sword swiped blood onto the dirt, warm blood began dripping into Jon's left eye forcing him to close it. He stumbled back a few steps putting a hand over his eye. Nathan leveled his sword at Jon's chest.

" I'm only going to tell you once. Give up. " Nathan said evenly.

" No. " Jon spat.

Nathan dashed at him for another attack, slashing horizontally. Jon's short stature made it easy to dodge under the blade. He got behind Nathan and kicked out at his knee. He dodged a backslash and kicked at his knee again. When Nathan slashed a third time, Jon grabbed his arm and was lifted up with it.

He jumped onto Nathan's back and wrapped his arms around Nathan's neck, choking him. Nathan grabbed at Jon's hands, but Jon wasn't letting go so easily. Realizing it wasn't working, Nathan grabbed Jon's wrist and flipped him off his back. He landed hard on the dirt.

Still dazed, he scrambled away from Nathan. He looked around him and found his sword lying on the ground. Jon took it and stood up. The bleeding from the cut over his eye had slowed down some, but he didn't want to risk opening his eye. Jon and Nathan started to circle each other.

Nathan was favoring his injured arm, keeping it away from Jon. Jon was pretty much blind on his left side because of his eye. They both had their wounds to worry about. Jon had a plan to end this fight quickly. Nathan's main advantage was the height difference, without that the fight would be much easier for Jon. He needed to get behind Nathan again. All it would take was one good stab to the back of his knee and he'd be down.

Jon had a feeling Nathan had already caught on to that tactic after Jon had tried kicking out his knee. It was still Jon's best option. Jon ran at Nathan and dodged his first slash. Nathan kicked out, hitting Jon square in the chest. Jon went flying back and landed in a cloud of dust.

Nathan stabbed down at the ground, Jon rolled out of the way just in time. He rose up to see Nathan's exposed knee and lunged at it. Jon's sword stabbed deeply into the side of Nathan's knee. Nathan grunted in pain and fell to his knees. The two started to exchange sword blows. Nathan was fighting a losing defense.

Their swords clanged together again and Nathan's sword flew from his hand. Jon pointed his sword at Nathan's chest.

" I'll only tell you once. Give up. " Jon said.

" Never. You'll have to kill me. " Nathan said defiantly.

Jon raised his sword and smacked Nathan in the side of the face with the hilt. Nathan fell to the ground, unconscious. Evandre started to clap slowly and opened up the gate of the fighting area.

" Well done. You've officially finished this part of your training. When Nathan is healed you will still practice with him from time to time. You can have a few days to heal and then we'll start the next part of your training. " she said picking up the unconscious Nathan. Jon picked up Nathan's sword and followed Evandre." Let me patch both of you up and then I'll take you to the barracks. "

Evandre cleaned the cut on Nathan's arm and the wound on his knee. She then bandaged his arm and set his knee with two pieces of wood. The cut over Jon's eye got the same treatment and a bandage was wrapped around his head. Evandre pulled up in front of her building with a wagon twice the size of the one Nathan usually used. She patted the seat next to her in the front of the wagon. Jon climbed up next to her.

" Do you think Nathan's gonna be alright? " he asked as the wagon started bumping along.

" Nathan's a lot tougher than you know. In a few weeks time, he'll be good as new. " Evandre said.

" Oh, that reminds me. I've been meaning to ask. Do you know how Nathan got on this island? "

" Yes, I do. Nathan was a sailor who worked on a fishing vessel years ago. He was a young man then, a rookie. One night, the sea was very rough. He fell off. Poseidon took mercy on him and sent him here. He was out in the jungle for weeks before he found the city. After a healer brought him back to good health, some soldiers took him to the arena. He fought as a gladiator for a year until I bought him. "

" Bought him? "

" Yes. I had to buy him from the games master. Nathan was an excellent fighter in the arena, so I wanted him. He became my best servant. "

" Don't you mean slave? "

" No, I do not. I pay my servants. They can quit whenever they want. They don't even have to live in my home. "

" Wow. I didn't know that. I assumed all amazons saw men as slaves. "

" I respect men who can fend for themselves. Men who aren't immediately submissive to a woman who's twice their size. A fighting spirit. " Evandre said.

Jon lapsed into silence after that. His mind had wandered to Alexis without warning. His girlfriend who must be terribly worried about him, who had no idea if he was alive or dead.