- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
SOMEWHERE OTHER THAN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY...
* * * * *

Imperial Commodore Yarc Micco could not believe he had heard right.

" 'An incredibly powerful race of giants?'" he exclaimed (in unintended repetition): "Oh, come now, general! This is real life. Not some Dorg Nilres holovid!!"

General Prilosec glowered at his (nominally) superior officer.

"Holovid characters don't decimate half of one's legion, either...sir! Take a look at the closed-circuit recording made by one of our few surviving AT-AT's."

The holographic scene being played out before him, suddenly increased in width and depth. And, Micco unconsciously gasped as he beheld two strangely dressed humanoids who appeared to be twice as tall as any All Terrain Armored Transport!

Then, came the replay of the almost one-sided battle. Complete with strange, hand-held cannons that thundered louder than any spaceship blasting off from Coruscant. That is; till one blast was followed by nothing but static. At which point, General Prilosec's visage reappeared on screen.

"How would you like us to handle this, Commodore?"

"Send a handful of your speeder bike recondos after those two giants. Keep the rest of your men after those rebels. We must know where they are, and if they made any holovid recordings of Death Star II! If they have, you know what to do."

"Terminate with extreme prejudice?"

Micco nodded and signed off.

* * * * *

Meanwhile, sunset was beginning to paint the Llebpmac Circus with its last pretty colors of the day.

"OK, girls," said Lee Noticias: "It's Opening Day, tomorrow. So, let's turn in early."

"You got it, Mom," chorused Kyle and Leslie. Whereupon, they began stripping off their leotards, and down to their bras and panties,...right in front of the three little men.

"Ladies!" gasped Fitzhugh: "Have you no sense of modesty or decorum, whatsoever?"

The two young women giggled.

"I don't know what you're complaining about," replied Kyle: "Loogar and Roogar don't seem to mind."

She pointed to a couple of tell-tale bulges in the storm troopers' undershorts. Leslie, seeing this, giggled some more, before adding:

"Maybe Fitzie's just jealous because he doesn't have anywhere to sleep...like they do."

"W-W-What do you mean?" stammered the erstwhile con man.

Whereupon, Kyle and Leslie picked up their new pets, in their respective right hands, and then stuffed them down their respective cleavages! All before shimmying into their respective (and pristinely white) "baby doll" night gowns.

"Such un-lady-like behavior," muttered Fitzhugh.

This caused Lee to laugh (though not mean-spiritedly).

"Don't worry, Alexander. I'm prudish enough for all six of us. You can have a nice modest place to sleep, all to yourself. Here!"

Whereupon, Lee picked up the khaki-clad Earthman and carried him bodily over to a hamster cage!

"No, wait," Fitzhugh began to plead.

But, to no avail. Lee placed him inside the cage, before shutting the rooftop hatch, padlocking it, and then covering the whole thing with a white, silk cloth.

"See you in the morning, my pet."

Fitzhugh looked at his surroundings with all the facial despondency of a Bassett hound. There was only a giant matchbox (also lined with white silk) for him to sleep in. Plus, all he had to eat and drink was a bowl of fried banana chips and an upside-down bottle of water, in that order.

Meanwhile, Captain Tocneppil had finally managed to get Bing, Bang, and Boom back aboard the Nightshrike, before closing the boarding ramp in preparation for the short jump to the Spindrift's landing site.

"Heh!" he snorted, derisively, to himself: "I came here to help smuggle an Endorian hanadak to Nar Shadda. Now, I'm picking up cast-aways from a planet I've never even heard of! Could things _possibly_ get anymore complicated? I ask you."

tbc