- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
ABOARD "THE PRIDE OF CORUSCANT"
* * * * *

"Bridge to Beta Leader," Commodore Yarc Micco shouted into his commlink: "Bridge to Beta Leader! Do you read? Over. Bridge to Gamma Leader. Bridge to Gamma Leader! Respond at once. Over!"

But, all he got was dead air. So, he barked his next order at the radioman.

"Sparks? Activate holovid transceiver. Get me THe HERO OF CARTAO!"

A minute later, the transparent, life-size image of Captain Nepo Thigha was standing before him.

"Nepo! Any word from your TIE pilots?"

His ex-military academy roommate shook his head.

"Either the Rebel Alliance has a base down there with a more powerful comm jammer than ours. Or, Beta and Gamma Waves have been wiped out of the sky...to the last man."

"Sithspawn!" swore the commodore, at the top of his lungs.

"Really, sir!" exclaimed a new voice: "Such language."

Micco spun about and felt his lower jaw at least a centimeter in astonishment. A facial expression duplicated by every other officer and enlisted man on the Star Destroyer's bridge.

"Who in the name of the Emperor are you?" he demanded of the beautiful (if scantily clad) blonde before his very eyes.

"You may call me...Princess Marna. And I hereby demand your unconditional surrender, Commodore. Do so and I won't have to use this..."

She paused just long enough to show him a device that looked like an overgrown chronometer (minus wrist band).

"...to strip you and your men of your dignity. Among other things!"

For a minute, no one said a word. Then, Micco began doing something most of his ship's crew privately thought him incapable of doing.

He began to laugh!

The laughter proved contagious. Everyone on the bridge--from Micco's adjutant to the lowliest yeoman--were laughing at the top of their lungs over the threat just issued by this self-proclaimed "princess."

"You must be crazy!" Micco finally exclaimed (after becoming too tired to laugh anymore): "Admittedly, good-looking. Yet, crazy, just the same. Why, I could have the master-at-arms gun you down where you stand, just for daring to threaten an officer of the Imperial Star Fleet!"

Marna merely shrugged.

"On your own little head be it."

Whereupon, she closed her eyes and pressed some kind of colorfully lit button on the device.

"Bomb!!!" Micco yelled out, as he (along with everyone else) quite literally hit the deck.

Yet, nothing happened.

Micco slowly lifted his hands off the back of his neck. He then looked up and around. Everything appeared intact! No deafening blast of wind signifying a hull breach draining off vital oxygen. So, he slowly regained his feet.

He then looked around for the master-at-arms, so he could order the immediate arrest of that crazy woman. In doing so, however, he saw something that made the words evaporate in his throat.

He saw silver-painted high heels the size of a Scout-AT.

And, as he angled his head backward, he saw that the shoes were occupied by feet attached to very shapely legs. Legs which, in turn, gave way to a glittery blue garment that showed off a certain curvaceous figure in the most enchanting way imaginable. And, looking down from high atop that figure?

A smiling face wearing a blue-feathered tiara and an ear-to-ear grin.

"Shades of Shoon!" he half-whispered aloud.

To be concluded.