- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I apologize for the continued tardiness. RLC's struck again.
THE LLEBPMAC CIRCUS

* * * * *

Greta Gault grinned as she unwrapped her translucent red veil from around her captive. That grin briefly became a frown of puzzlement when she saw the storm trooper in his white armor. But, once she realized she had not captured a nocturnal flying insect, by mistake, the grin reappeared.

With sadistic slowness, she began to take off his armor, piece by piece. The former research scientist took stock of his anatomical features as she did so. Black, curly hair. Golden-brown complexion. Well-developed musculature. Evidently, this Little Person kept himself in top physical shape!

"Can you understand me?" she asked (slowly, at first).

The petrified trooper nodded.

"Do you have a name?"

He nodded again.

"Well?" she persisted: "What is it???"

"R-R-Raza Daza," he stammered in reply: "Corporal; Imperial Armed Forces. Serial number; 987654321."

"Oooooh!" she cooed (in mock-amazement): "A military man! And, what were you doing outside the window to my trailer, Corporal Daza? Some kind of espionage mission?"

"Raza Daza," he repeated (with a little more defiance now): "Corporal: Immmmmmmph...!"

A slight squeeze of her right hand shut him up.

"Never mind. That's not important, now. Not compared to what's going to happen to you, next!"

Meanwhile, in the nearby woods, Logunn of ZeHeth and Obmuj of Ankus were slowly approaching the meadow where the circus had encamped. Logunn was the professional bounty hunter of the duo. So, he had taken the lead in their search for the missing Fitzhugh.

And, it had proven quite sobering when they found the crushed remains of the ground recondos that briefly captured him.

"To think that I used to be sensitive about my height," grunted the Cragmoloid: "But, now, I'm starting to feel so puny!"

"Well, like the Gungans say on Naboo," observed Logunn: " 'Always there be bigger fishums in the sea.' "

Obmuj was about to give a snappy rejoinder when a new voice interrupted their conversation.

"You two! Halt, in the name of the Galactic Empire!"

"Imp trooper!" yelled the Zehethbran: "Duck!"

No sooner had he said this than he and the airborne recondo began exchanging blaster fire with each other. And, the latter clearly had the advantage with his auto-hovering perch. Obmuj, however, was unhesitant in correcting that.

The Cragmoloid picked up what the locals would no doubt consider a mere pebble...and threw it skywards at the speeder bike.

WHAM!

The "pebble" hit its intended target, dead center of the undercarriage. Making it angle upwards ninety degrees. Just enough to topple its rider from the saddle!

"WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA!!!"

"Obmuj, quick!" cried Logunn: "Get underneath him. We'll need to interrogate him."

The Cragmoloid did as instructed. Catching the Imperial recondo in his arms as if he were a newborn calf.

"Put me down, you elephatine rebel scumb..."

Obmuj knocked him unconscious with a gentle (for his species) head-butt.

"Good going," said Logunn: "Let's bring him back to the Spindrift. We'll resume the search for Fitzhugh, tomorrow."

Ironically, Greta Gault had heard none of the blaster fire. As she had resumed playing--at a much higher volume--the phonograph record containing the belly dance music she had been gyrating to, earlier. Only, this time, she had something extra as part of her costume.

A naked Imperial storm trooper pinned to her left areola with a fringed pastie.

tbc