- Text Size +
Love Games: Chapter 9

" Wake up , Jon. We have to talk ". Jon eyes opened slowly. He was laying on his back on a rough surface. Hanging over him as he woke up was Ms. L's giant face. " Ahhhh ! " Jon flailed around , tearing the tissue. " Jon ! Jon ! Calm down ! It's just me ! Ms. L ! ". Jon stopped and looked up at the face " Hunh , sorry. I forgot where I was. More importantly what size I am " Jon took off the tissue and stood up.

" Anyways , what were you saying before I flipped out ? ". " I was telling you to wake up. We have to talk and I gotta leave for the school soon ". " Talk about what ? " Jon's brow furrowed. " Hold on let's get you out of there ". Ms. L lowered her hand down to Jon , who climbed on. She walked out to the kitchen table and sat down , lowering Jon onto its surface. Jon hopped off and looked up at Ms. L. " I see you didn't grow back or even a little bit over night. So , what should we do ? ". " I don't know , I thought I'd stay with you until I do grow back ". Ms. L got a big smile on her face " Alright , we can do that. For now let's get you something to eat. I have to get going pretty soon " Ms. L picked Jon up again. She carried him into the kitchen and set him on the counter. " Is a blueberry muffin alright ? " she asked. " Yeah , that's fine ". Ms. L opened a circular plastic container and took out a a small muffin. She set it on the counter next to Jon. The muffin was nearly as tall as he was ! Jon had become used to being shrunk , but a few things still amazed him.

" Eat up ! " Ms. L grinned and went to the fridge. Jon stuck his hands into the muffin and pulled off a hunk. He brought it to his mouth and took a few bites. A giant cap full of water came down next to Jon. Ms. L stood in front of the counter with the water bottle the cap came from " Something to drink ". Jon took a few more bites of the muffin and two handfuls of water. Jon was already full. " All filled up , Ms. L ! " Jon yelled. Ms. L cleaned up what was left of Jon's breakfast and took him to the living room. " Did you like your breakfast ? ". " Yeah , it was great ". " Good , I'm going to need to be going soon. Should I leave you here for the day or do you want to come with me ? ". Aphrodite's voice sounded in Jon's head " Go with her Jon ; we have a new game to play today ".

Jon sighed inwardly. He didn't want to know what the new game was. " I guess I'll be going with you " Jon said trying to keep his weariness out of his voice. " Alright , so how are we gonna do this ? ". " Same way you carried me around yesterday works ". " In my shoe ? Are you sure ? ". " Yeah , it's not as bad as you'd think. At least not for me. And I can rub your feet all day. Way better than any insole " Jon smiled up at Ms. L. A smile formed on Ms. L's face. " As long as you're sure. I'll go get my shoes " Ms. L got off the couch , leaving Jon on the coffee table. She returned with a pair of red flats with a slight heel. The shoes were to match Ms. L's horizontally red-striped shirt and blue jeans. The jeans were rolled up so you could see Ms. L's ankles. Ms. L's toes were still painted pink. She sat down on the couch and held the right shoe up to Jon " Hop in ". Jon hopped into the shoes opening right off the table. Ms. L peered in the shoe " Get comfortable. I'll let you out as much as I can ". Jon scurried to the the toe of flat and laid down. The last thing he saw was Ms. L's tremendous toes sliding toward him.

Jon spent a few hours in Ms. L's shoe. He laid under her toes and rubbed them. The toes would occasionally clench around him or he would feel the pressure of Ms. L walking. The end of second hour came all to quickly to Jon. Aphrodite began speaking to Jon in his head. " Alright , Jon it is time to get out of this woman's shoe. A new game awaits you ". Jon sighed " Do I have to ? I'm enjoying this ". " Yes , you do. Don't worry though , maybe I'll let you go back to her sometime. Get ready I'm going to put you back in your seat ".

Jon's vision was suddenly flooded with light. He covered his eyes with his hands and blinked a few times. He was back in his desk. He looked down at himself and saw he was wearing his own clothes , but not the ones he had been wearing the day before. Jon looked over his shoulder at the TV perched in the back corner of the room displaying the time and school announcements. He had about 10 minutes left in second hour. Jon looked back to the front of the room where Ms. L was going over what the class had done that day. She didn't seem surprised to see Jon normal sized and sitting in his desk. She didn't even look at him. " I erased her memories of what happened with you , Jon. But I may return them when you return to her , if you do. Anyways , we have to discuss today's game ! " Aphrodite said in that happy voice Jon was beginning to hate.

" What is it ? ". " Today's game is more in your favor than yesterday's. Today I'm giving you your own power ! I'm going to give you the ability to shrink yourself at will. Your challenge is to pick a girl to spend time with. As much time as you want , but I may take you away at anytime for a new game. You'll be indestructible when shrunken as usual. You can also adjust your size , but can get no bigger than you are normally ". Jon thought it over for a moment. " Sounds easy enough. What's the catch ? ". Aphrodite laughed " Oh , Jon-Jon why do you always assume there's a catch ? No , no I thought I'd take it easy on you today. Even let you have some fun ".

" Hmph , alright. Fair enough ; so when's the game start ? ". The school bell rang , second hour was over. " It's already started " Aphrodite said. Jon got up from his desk and put on his backpack. He exited the classroom , already wondering who'd he choose for the days game. Meanwhile , Aphrodite sat on her throne laughing. " Oh , Jon I thought you were smarter than this ! You didn't even wonder WHY I'm taking it easy on you ! The upcoming games are going to be doozies ! Have fun while you can ! Hahahaha ! ".