- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jail Break! Only one more chapter folks!
Love Games: Chapter 32

Jon and Bridget ran into the hallway. At their size, making any real progress took awhile. After 5 minutes of running here they were. Jon leading the way with Bridget close on his heels. Jon ran up to the doorway out to the living room. He leaned against the wall and breathed heavily. If Jon got out of this, he was getting a gym membership. Bridget caught up and put her hands on her head. " Why'd you stop? " " To be honest, I needed a break. Also, I'm gonna check out the living room. You wait here. " Jon slid around the corner, keeping close to the wall. He peeked into the living room and cursed. Ingrid was sitting on the couch with her feet propped up on the coffee table. Jon began to think of someplace he and Bridget could hide for awhile when he noticed Ingrid's eyes were closed. " We still have a chance. " Jon thought excitedly. Jon continued to look for a way out of the apartment. Then he saw it, the perfect opportunity. The front door stood wide open, but the screen door was closed. The thing Jon saw was the large gap between the bottom of the screen door and the door stop. He was almost certain Bridget and him could squeeze through it.

Jon rounded the corner back to Bridget. " The bad news is Ingrid is already here. The good news is she's asleep as far as I can tell and she left the front door open, all we have to do is crawl under the screen door. " " Okay, let's do it. " " We should stay quiet and move as fast as possible. Lets go under the coffee table for cover. " Bridget nodded in response. Jon waved for her to follow him and started sprinting to the coffee table. While he ran, Jon kept his eye on Ingrid. If she woke up, they were going to have to hide under the couch or entertainment center. A few minutes later, Jon arrived under the coffee table with Bridget coming up behind him. He hunched over, breathing even harder than before. A layer of sweat had started to cover his whole body. " Not much further now. I need another break. " Jon panted. " Yeah, me too. " " We can walk under the table. She can't see us under here. "

The two began walking under the table, both very nervous that Ingrid would wake up and find them. They were almost at the other end of the table when Jon heard two loud smacks from behind. He stopped in his tracks, hoping he was just hearing things. Bridget turned to him and judging by the look on her face he wasn't imagining that sound. Jon slowly turned to look behind him and froze. Ingrid's colossal feet had moved under the table and stretched forward, her toes spread out wide. Jon raised his finger to his mouth and took a few steps backwards. He wasn't going to take his eyes off those feet until he was sure they weren't going to follow him. Bridget stayed next to him, walking backwards too. Ingrid's feet stopped stretching and laid flat on the floor, unmoving. Meanwhile, Jon and Bridget had made it to the end of the coffee table.

" Alright, are you ready? We're gonna make a bee line for the door. No stopping. No slowing down. We'll hide in a bush once we're outside and decide what to do from there. " Bridget nodded looking quite scared. Jon grasped her shoulders softly. " I promise this is the last day we're going to be trapped here. Trust me. " Bridget rushed forward and wrapped her arms around Jon. Jon hugged her back. He was so happy that this game was going to be over soon, he didn't even care that they were both still naked. Jon didn't break the hug for a couple moments. He let her go and stepped back. " Okay, give me your hand. " " What? Why? " " I'm not risking the chance of you getting left behind. If you don't make it, I don't make it. " Bridget's mouth quirked up in a smile. " Alright, " she held her hand out " , lets go. " Jon took her hand in a firm grip and they were off, running as fast as they could. Jon was sprinting at full speed; Bridget was having trouble keeping up and trailed him, clutching his hand. The closer they got to the door, the more Jon's excitement grew. They were getting out of this hellhole! The game was over and Jon had won!

The door was minutes away, Jon could smell the fresh air coming in. Just then, Jon heard the smacking sound again. Except this time it was closer, louder, and insistent. Jon looked over his shoulder and saw the giant feet of Ingrid closing in on them. Before Jon could even fully process what was happening Ingrid overtook them in two large strides and grabbed the door. Jon quickly put on the brakes and slowed down. Bridget didn't realize what was going on and rushed ahead of him. Jon yanked her back by the arm. She flew back, knocking into Jon's chest and throwing him backwards to the floor. Ingrid slammed the door shut, if Jon hadn't pulled Bridget back she would've been hit by it. " What the hell do you think you're doing? " Ingrid hissed in an angry whisper. Bridget was still in a daze next to Jon. Jon was too shocked to speak. They had been so close to escaping, only to have it ripped away. " Answer me! " Ingrid stamped her foot. " We were that close... I was going to win. It was all gonna be over. " Jon thought bitterly. Anger bubbled up inside of Jon. " Listen to me you little shit- " Jon stood up and cut Ingrid off.

" You insane bitch! What the fuck is wrong with you! What kind of mother- No, what kind of human being would do any of this!? You're fucking nuts! You deserve to be locked up in some mental hospital! " Jon yelled, venom dripping from his voice. Ingrid glared down at him, aghast. " Jon... " Bridget whispered. " Ahhhhhhhhh! " Ingrid cried raising her foot over Bridget and Jon. Bridget yelped and grabbed onto Jon's leg as Ingrid brought her foot down. Everything slowed as Ingrid's sole moved closer. Jon watched in horror. " Oh god, I'm an idiot. What the hell was I thinking when I said all that. Now, I've gotten me and Bridget killed. I could have at least saved her... " Jon planted his feet in a wide stance and threw his arms up defensively, waiting for it all to end. Ingrid's sole touched Jon's hands, he expected to be crushed into the floor. Instead, Ingrid's foot stopped there. It was still pushing with all it's strength, but getting nowhere. Jon opened his eyes to see the area around him overshadowed by Ingrid's foot. Bridget was still holding onto Jon's leg for dear life. Jon suddenly realized all the muscles in his body were tensed and straining. He looked up, his eyes widened in surprise. Ingrid's foot hadn't stopped, he was holding it up with a strength no human could have.

The veins in Jon's arms and legs were bulging out like he was a character from a cartoon. He was pouring sweat and making a sound he could only call growling. " B-Bridget... Ngh. " Bridget was already looking up at Jon in awe. " Jon, how are you doing this? " " I-I-I don't know. I'm n-not sure how much longer I can do it though. Go... G-Go hide somewhere. I'll hold her. " " Jon, you can't be serious. I'm not leaving you here like this! " " Don't argue! ... J-Just go! Now! " Bridget rose up, shaking her head slightly. Tears seemed to be forming in her eyes " Okay... You better come find me. " Bridget ran out from under Ingrid's foot. " What the hell? You're a strong bug, aren't you? " Ingrid said and increased the pressure on Jon. Jon's legs started to shake and his face turned a deep red. " B-b-bitch! " Jon fell to his knees, still holding Ingrid's foot up. He knew if he tried to let it go and run, he'd be crushed almost instantly. At the same time, he knew he couldn't hold it much longer. " Dammit, there's only one way out of this... Done in by what I love most. This is just cruel, Aphrodite. " His vision was starting to blur and waver. Jon let go of Ingrid's foot and was crushed into the floor. He blacked out immediately.


Jon opened his eyes and closed them quickly after, groaning. He slowly opened them again and saw the ceiling of his own bedroom. He knew it because he had often started at it late at night unable to sleep for years. Jon sat up, squinting his eyes. Everything seemed to have a bright, white light cast over it. He recognized the sheet pulled over his legs, it was his. He looked around him; he was in his room at his house. His bookcase was against the wall to his right. His TV sat in the corner atop a wobbly entertainment center. His dresser was a few feet away from the foot of his bed. " How did I get here? Aren't I supposed to be dead? "

Jon eyes widened with realization. " Bridget! Bridget! Are you here! " There was no reply from anyone. Jon pulled the sheet off him and rolled out of bed. He noticed he was wearing a pair of his boxers. " What is going on? Aphrodite! Aphrodite! " As Jon expected, the goddess didn't answer. Then Jon heard it. A low rhythmic booming echoing from outside his house. Each boom was accompanied by a tremor Jon felt through his feet. " What now? " Jon went to his closet and pulled on a white T-shirt and black gym shorts. He opened his door, walking out into the living room. " Mom? You here? " Again there was no response. The booming became louder, the tremors stronger. " What is that? " Jon opened the front door and went outside. The sky was blue without a single cloud to be seen. The sun shined brightly down. The sound was much louder out here, the tremors worsened. Jon walked out to the curb, he looked up and down his street. There wasn't a single person or car anywhere, not even in the driveways. No cars zoomed past up at the main street like they usually did, there wasn't even a bird chirping.

Except for the booming, the world was totally devoid of noise. Jon listened carefully, the sound was coming from down the street. Jon started walking in that direction. He made it halfway down the street when the source of the noise appeared. Strolling around the corner was Aphrodite, the goddess of love. The reason for the sound was that she was 15 feet tall. Jon resisted the urge to run, he wanted to know what she was up to. Aphrodite was wearing her usual ensemble. Her ruby necklace, a white toga with a black belt, golden bracelets on each wrist, and knee high gladiator sandals. Her hair was braided into a long ponytail that hung over her shoulder. She took three steps and stopped a few feet in front of Jon. Jon looked up at her, squinting his eyes at the sunlight.

" Aphrodite! What's going on? " Aphrodite began to laugh, it echoed throughout the neighborhood. " Well, Jon-Jon I'm here to finish what Ingrid started. " With that she lifted her humongous foot into the air. " Shit! " Jon yelled. He turned around and bolted. He didn't make it far; the shadow of Aphrodite's foot passed over him. Jon looked over his shoulder to see the giant brown leather sole of Aphrodite's sandal coming down on. He tripped and fell to the ground. He watched as the sole got closer and closer. Jon never got the chance to scream. The world went black once more.