- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry about the delay. I had to be somewhere for the better part of the day. But on the upside, the stories about to kick into high gear!
Love Games: Chapter 20

It was a few moments before Ingrid answered the door. Eventually the door opened " Oh hello, Jon. I was wondering when you would get here. " " Hello, Ms. Aguilar. Sorry I was running a little late. " " It's fine. Please, come in and sit down ". Ingrid was a full on Latina woman, she still had an accent after however many years of living in America. Bridget got the Hawaiian and Asian blood from her father. Her parents had separated some time ago, he currently lived in Hawaii.

Bridget had got her short stature from her mother, who was only a couple inches taller than her. In fact of the three who lived in the apartment Melanie, the youngest , was the tallest. Ingrid had black hair with fading auburn streaks thrown in. Jon would guess she was in her late thirties, early forties. As she turned and walked into the apartment, Jon saw she was still in her work uniform. Ingrid worked at a nearby fast food restaurant as a cashier. Ingrid turned back to Jon " Please, have a seat " she gestured to a small couch. As Jon walked to the couch, Ingrid spoke from the kitchen " Do you want some water? " " Um, yes please. "

The Aguilar's apartment was fairly small. It consisted of a large living room, a kitchen, two small bedrooms, and a bathroom. Jon had only ever been in the living room, but he knew Bridget and Melanie shared a room and Ingrid had her own. The kitchen was quite small and if you walked out of it you were in the living room. The only thing separating the two rooms was a short wall that the couch leaned against. They had a entertainment center with an old TV, a coffee table, a love seat, and a round wooden kitchen table with four chairs. Jon looked to his right and saw Ingrid walking out of the kitchen with a glass of water. She stopped next to Jon and held out the glass " Here you go. " " Thank you. "

Ingrid started walking around the coffee table to the other side of the couch. As she did Jon heard a soft rhythmic smacking sound. The sound seemed to follow Ingrid as she rounded the table. Jon saw the source of the sound as she sat down. Ingrid was wearing a pair of platform flip flops. When Jon had used to come here a lot, he had seen Ingrid wearing this pair of flip flops often. It was no wonder such a short woman would want shoes that made her taller. After standing all day at work they were probably a welcome change. Bridget and Melanie had complained about how their mother made them rub her feet.

Jon had wished that he could do it. At least he appreciated her feet. Despite her age, Jon couldn't deny that she had pretty nice feet. Her feet were small, Jon would assume a size 5 or 6. They were slightly wrinkled from age, but Jon liked a little wrinkle. Her toes were small and perfectly lengthed from big to pinky. She wore no nail polish. " Stop thinking about that, Jon. You're getting distracted " he thought to himself. Jon tore his eyes away from Ingrid's feet and took a sip of water. " So, what did you want to talk about? " Ingrid asked. " I was wondering if you would allow me and Bridget to start hanging out again. " Ingrid frowned slightly " I'm sorry, Jon. You helped Sebastian see Bridget. I don't think you should be around her and give Sebastian another chance to see her. "

" But I never helped Sebastian. I didn't like him anymore than you did. " " Then why did he show up whenever Bridget was with you. " Jon's temper was rising quickly " That wasn't me! I don't know how he always knew where Bridget was! " That was a lie. Jon knew Bridget had told Sebastian where she would be on many occasions, but he wasn't gonna sell her out. " I know Bridget couldn't have done it. So it had to be you. I'm sorry, but you're just an untrustworthy boy and I don't want you around my daughter. " Jon had heard enough, it was obvious he wasn't getting anywhere with this woman. His temper bubbled over.

Jon stood up " And you're a terrible mother! What kind of mother would hit her own children! " Jon instantly regretted what he said. Bridget had told him that in confidence, but his temper had gotten the better of him. Ingrid looked shocked and extremely angry. " I'm getting out of here " Jon began walking towards the door. Ingrid pointed her finger at his back " Stop! We're not done talking! " Jon stopped as he felt an odd feeling. Jon looked down at his hands. They were steadily getting smaller! The floor was getting closer! " I have to get out of here! " Jon lunged toward the door and slipped right out of his shoes. Jon ran to the door as his shorts fell off. Jon's socks slipped off his feet, his boxers did the same. His shirt was an oversized dress on him. He made it to the door and looked up. The doorknob was too high! His shirt was pooling around his feet and falling off his shoulders. Jon jumped up with all his might, his shirt falling completely off. He didn't even come close to the doorknob. Jon's diminished form fell back into the confines of his shirt on the floor.