- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Who's Jon going to see? Lets find out.
Love Games: Chapter 19

Jon sat in Biology not paying attention at all. His mind was on where he was going after school, or more accurately who he was going to meet. It had been nice waking up in his own bed for a change this morning. Sitting down at the kitchen table and eating breakfast with his mom had been even nicer. She didn't even question his long disappearances over the past few days. Aphrodite really had taken care of it ; Jon wondered what she did to his mom when he was gone. He'd have to ask sometime. From the moment Jon had gotten on the bus he'd gone into autopilot.
He hadn't really paid much attention in any of his classes ( luckily none of his teachers had given any demanding assignments ). Jon was focused on who he was meeting, dreading it.

At the beginning of 8th grade Jon had become good friends with a girl named Bridget. The two spent a lot of time with each other, be it just them or with other friends ( most commonly Bridget's sister Melanie who was a year younger ). Jon never had any interest in dating Bridget, they were very good friends and he didn't want to ruin that. However, Jon wouldn't deny that she was good looking. Bridget was about 4'9" and had long, dark brown hair. She was of Hawaiian, Asian, and Hispanic decent. She was very confident in herself and it showed. Jon had learned to be wary of her quick temper and disagreeing with her usually didn't end well.

Bridget was very rebellious towards people who tried to tell her what to do. it was one of her hot points. She also had nice feet, but Jon had made it a point of honor that he would not look at his friends feet. It just felt wrong, so he didn't do it. Jon considered her his little sister. He was there for her during the best and worst moments. Before Jon had gotten to know her Bridget had started dating this guy, Sebastian. Jon didn't like him, he had hurt Bridget many times with his mistakes. The boy had even cheated on her, but she was so head over heels for him she took him back multiple times. That was what made Jon keep his disdain for Sebastian to himself. Jon wasn't the only one who disliked Sebastian, Bridget's mother, Ingrid , also did not like Sebastian.

So much so that she forbade the two from dating. That was where Bridget's rebelliousness came into play. She and Sebastian continued dating behind her mothers back. Bridget would often use hanging out with Jon as an excuse to see Sebastian ; much to Jon's annoyance, but he kept his mouth shut. Then Ingrid found out Bridget was still dating Sebastian, but because Jon was always with them she thought he was helping Sebastian. Which was total bull shit, but Ingrid believed it and that was all that mattered. She put Bridget in lock down outside of school and said she couldn't hang out with or talk to Jon anymore. Jon already didn't have a high opinion of Ingrid. Bridget had told Jon that before he met her, her mother had been abusive. She got help and stopped doing it, but it didn't get rid of the fact that she had done it. With that fact and how she had totally shut Jon out, he highly disliked her.

Now it was sophomore year, a lot of time had passed since then. Bridget had totally cut Sebastian out of her life. Jon's dislike for Ingrid had died down and he wanted to be friends with Bridget again. Shortly before Aphrodite had made an abrupt appearance in Jon's life, Jon had talked with Bridget. He told her that he wanted to speak with her mom about being allowed to hang out with her again. Bridget had told her mom and Ingrid agreed, they set the date of the meeting for today. Jon was to go to Bridget's apartment after school ; Bridget and Melanie would stay out for awhile so the two could talk. Jon wasn't gonna lie he was nervous as hell.

Who knew what Ingrid decided? The woman had made some very odd decisions in the past. Jon looked at the clock in the corner of the room, only a minute until class let out and he'd head for the buses. Jon would stop at home drop off his stuff, grab a water bottle, and walk over to Bridget's place. It was a decent walk, but not that far. " Oooorrr I could give you a lift. " It had been a couple days since he heard it but Jon knew that voice. It was the goddess of love, Aphrodite. " What do you mean?" " I could teleport you to that girls home and your stuff to your house.When you and her mother are done talking I'll send you home. Doesn't that sound better than taking the bus and walking?" Jon wasn't surprised the goddess knew everything, he knew she could read his mind and he'd been thinking about it all day. " Yeah ... it does sound a lot better ". " It's settled then! "

One moment Jon was looking at the blackboard at the front of Ms. Henderson's classroom, the next he was looking at a green painted door with a shiny gold nine nailed on it. Jon spun around and saw leaves dancing away due to the disturbance of his sudden arrival. He saw a small gated in pool with no one it and chairs positioned at tables around it. Jon knew this apartment complex well, he had been here many times picking up Bridget and Melanie. Jon turned back to the door and hesitated. " Well? Go on, Jon. Don't keep the lady waiting. " " Didn't I get here kinda fast? I mean the school didn't even ring yet." " The appropriate amount of time has passed. What was milliseconds for you was nearly an hour for everyone else. Jon pulled out his phone and checked the time. The goddess was right, it was past 3:50. " See? Now go on, knock on the door. " Jon walked up to the cracked and faded door. He raised his hand, but paused for a moment. A chill had gone down Jon's spine and he was getting goosebumps. " Stop stalling, knock you puss ". Jon rapped his knuckles on the door three times and stepped back. It was time to talk to Ingrid.