- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

shorter chapter, but setting up for the next stage of the story. Thanks for all the reviews and comments! 

The humongous girl in front of me looks down with a confused face.

 

“Hey!” I say getting nervous, “Dakota! It’s me!! ERIC!” I scream up to her hoping to snap her out of her daze she seems to be in.

 

She brings her enormous jean clad knee down next to me probably trying to get closer to my level. While the gesture seemed amicable to her, it was terrifying to me, watching her immense form lower down on top of me. 

 

“Oh, I apologize” she booms from above, “I can’t really see you down there. You know after going through test after test of reducing objects I never thought about how difficult it would be to communicate with a living subject. I guess I’m going to have to add this to my…”

 

“You know…” I yell up to her “I hate to break up your chain of thought, but this isn’t the most comfortable position for me. You know, having to crane my neck up to talk to you. Plus, being naked brings the humiliation level to an all time high! Do you think you can put me on a counter and we talk there?”

 

“Oh sorry again” she says blushing, “here lets get you up here.”

 

Before I knew what was happening, her giant hand engulfs me and I’m being lifted up towards the counter while my stomach remains on the floor. She drops me on the counter and looks at me curiously as I struggle to get my balance, if I had eaten more of those crumbs I would be puking right now.

 

“In the future” I say trying to regain my composure, “if you could give me a warning next time you do that, and be a little easier please.”

 

“Fascinating.” Was all she said as she stared at me.

 

Behind her inquisitive blue eyes I could see that she was taking mental notes of everything that is happening right now. Great, just when I thought I couldn’t feel any lower, I am now being looked at like some lab rat in a maze.

 

“Hey” I say trying to snap her out of it, “Do you think you can find me something to wear or at least wrap myself in? I think I’ve had my share of women other than my girlfriend seeing me naked.” I try to smile up to her to hide my embarrassment.

 

“Of course!” she says as she stands up to her full height.  Even on the counter I’m still only facing her stomach. “Give me a moment to see if I can find anything suitable.”

 

A couple of minutes later she brings back some nylon material and places it on the counter next to me.

“I cut these out of her stockings,” she says smiling down at me, “I made sure they were clean. I do have a question regarding your clothes. Did they not shrink with you?  According to my calculations they should still be reduced.”

 

“That can be explained easy enough,” I say tying the nylon into a kind of toga. The stockings she cut these from may have been cleaned, but I can still smell faintly Ana’s natural aroma.

 

“When Ana brought me home…” I try to find the words to describe what happened but it is a lot harder than I thought to actually describe what had happened to me out loud, “she… had her way with me… and… lets just say my clothes didn’t make it.”

 

“My turn for a question,” I say softly still trying to lock all those emotions that were trying to come out, “when is this going to reverse itself? When is this hell going to end?”

 

I look up and wipe a few tears from my eyes to see a look of sorrow or maybe pity on the billboard sized face.

 

“I had no idea of the things you had to go through” she says “when I first developed my machine I did not think of the moral implications of shrinking things if say a person got reduced. To be totally helpless and in the hands of another human being who thinks of nothing but their own selfish wants…”

 

“I hate to break up the philosophy lesson, “I interrupt her,” but I’m kind of waiting on answer here”

 

“If you had a little patience, you would have had your answer.” She says, “The thing I was getting at was that I never intended to miniaturize a living subject. At least with the machine I have now. It’s not programed to deal with living tissue yet. As of right now you shall remain at your current size.”

 

“It’s actually quite fascinating, because of your living cells constantly growing, dying and being replaced by other cells the radiation from the machine seemed to have imbued into this process keeping you at this size indefinitely or at least until I can find a way to remove the radiation from your body. Furthermore something about the close proximity of organic and inorganic cells seems to reproduce this same result in the inorganic materials hence your clothes shrinking with you.” She says all this smiling down at me like this is some kind of comfort.

 

After hearing that I would be stuck like this for the foreseeable future I couldn’t process anything else she was telling me. She kept going on with all of scientific jargon that I doubt anyone without 2 doctorates could understand let alone myself. I begin to think of all the things that I are going to be different, my life as I knew it was over. Dakota, who stopped talking with me a while ago, kept talking at me completely unaware of my plight. My head began to spin and I black out .