- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

New chapter of Snapped for your reading pleasure. 

Snapped Chapter 4: Nightmares Never End

                Over the next few days Tara noticed a distinct change in Milly. She was quieter, more obedient, and always ended her sentences with “Yes Mistress.” Which were usually the only words she ever spoke.  It reminded her of a few months ago before Milly had lost it. She was the perfect obedient little slave once more. She only hoped it would last this time. If Milly could just learn to follow orders it would be easier for everyone.  She looked at the small women as she lied sleeping on her dresser. She had never been much of sleeper actually so something seeing her like this was quite rare.  She was moving back and forth shifting her weight and shuffling her legs. Tara shook her head.

                “The poor girl can’t even find peace in sleep.” She thought. Ever since she’d been shrunk Tara had developed a morbid curiosity over Milly that only increased as the tiny girl’s will broke and her mind deteriorated. Maybe it was because they were friends once. At least that’s what Tara wanted to believe, but she knew that any pretense to friendship they might have had was destroyed long ago. No the fascination was always a quirk of hers. She was even studying to be psyche major. The realization was sad but her curiosity was probably the closest thing Milly could ever have to caring.

                Milly once again shuffled in her sleep her thrashing only increasing as time went on. This was really bothering Tara. What was going on in her mind? Tara could feel an itch in the back of her mind the one that wouldn’t go away until her question was answered. She pushed it back trying to convince herself. She didn’t have time for this and besides what did she care?

                “Please stop.” Milly whispered in her sleep. “I’m sorry.” She continued to thrash with increased ferocity. “Tara.” She continued.

                That was all it took. In truth Tara was thinking about this from the beginning but with the inclusion of her in Milly’s little dream she could justify proceeding further. She quietly walked over to her dresser and slowly opened a drawer steadying her anxious hand. Milly was a pretty light sleeper and she would hate herself if she wasted this opportunity because she was too eager. She retrieved a small vial inside which was a blue powder. She sprinkled the slightest bit of Milly’s sleeping form calming her spasms. Next was the incantation it was brief and simple. In truth this was actually a pretty minor spell considering. It needed no intricate circles or blood pact was necessary. She went back to her bed and sprinkled a larger amount of the powder on her own head. As she pulled the covers over her she repeated the incantation one more. She closed her eyes and went to sleep knowing that tonight she would visit Milly’s dream.

 

                Tara opened her eyes to find she was in her dorm room? “That doesn’t make any sense.” She thought. Had she performed the spell wrong? It was a beginner level incantation and quite frankly was barely even a spell at all. Most people would even consider it a form of hypnosis. Still it looked as if nothing had changed. She rose out of bed and opened a window letting in the morning sun.

                “Shit.” She cursed. She had somehow blew it and ended up sleeping through the night. She would have to try this again she decided, but with Milly’s sporadic sleeping habits another chance could take weeks. “Shit.” She cursed again. “I need coffee.” She went into her closet and quickly slipped on a tank top. She grabbed her wallet and was about to head out the door when it rushed open and in came Michelle smiling darkly.

                “I found her.” She said triumphantly.

                “Found who?” Tara questioned.

                “You’re kidding right?” Michelle looked at her quizzically. “Oh my god you weren’t even looking for her were you?!”

                “What are you talking about?” Tara asked growing more confused.

                “It figures.” She spat annoyed. “You were the one freaking out last night and now you act like it was no big deal. Just because Morgan made you the new leader doesn’t mean you can treat me like your errand girl.” She raised her hand and opened her palm. Inside was Milly looking up at both girls terrified and curled in a ball.

                Tara stared at the small girl trembling in Michelle’s hand. She couldn’t place it but something was off about her. Maybe it was her shorter hair or maybe it was her skin which was still pale and clear of bruises or maybe it was her eyes; the look that Tara recognized as hope. A look she hadn’t seen on Milly in months.

                “What did you do to her?” Tara asked.

                “What?” Michelle replied

                “You know you’re not allowed to take her without my permission.” Tara chastised. “And for what to cut her hair?”

                “What are you talking about?” Michelle looked at Tara her expression hardening slightly. “She ran away last night. Don’t you remember?”

                “Ran away?” Tara rubbed the side of her head. “Why?”

                “Are you high or something?” Michelle stared at Tara looking in her eyes for red. “You know how serious this is right? The cops are still looking for her if she escapes Morgan will have our asses.” She reached over and grabbed Tara’s shoulder. She looked at with an expression softer than Tara expected and smiled lightly. “We’re in this together remember.”

                That last statement Tara remembered. Michelle had said that last year, only two weeks after they’d shrunk Milly. Back when she was actually somewhat nice. She looked down at the girl once more. It was starting to make sense now she was in Milly’s dream and she was dreaming to this day. The first day of her long torment at their hands, Tara smiled.

 

                Now that she realized it she was shocked that she hadn’t figured it out sooner. She remembered this night very well. If was the first night Milly was ever really punished, up until then they had mostly kept her hidden until her family had stopped looking for her, but on this day she had tried her first escape attempt. The first of many as it turned out and this was the day she paid a price for it.

                Tara picked Milly up gently between her thumb and forefinger. The girl trembled and recoiled as she was brought closer to Tara’s face.

                “You’ve been a very naughty girl.” Tara spoke softly. “Naughty girls get punished.” She dangled Milly in front of her face and blew on her causing her to sway back and forth.

                “You can’t do this to me!” Milly screamed. “We were friends.”

                Tara took hold of Milly in her hand leaving only the girl’s head and legs showing. She squeezed her slightly causing her to wiggle in protest. “Friends don’t hurt each other.” She squeezed tighter. “Friends don’t run way.” Even tighter. “Friends don’t try to get their friends thrown in jail” tighter still. Milly’s bones were starting to crack and her skin face was turning red.

“Tara forgive me I’m sorry!” Milly shrieked in pain.

“Friends don’t betray each other!” Tara shouted and tears started welling in her eyes. She felt one fall down her cheek. “Why am I crying.” she thought. She loosened her grip letting Milly take some breaths of precious air. Tara took a deep breath herself surprised that she had lost control. She thought she had moved past these feelings but apparently she hadn’t. She looked over at Michelle who was sitting on her bed watching. The dark smile had not left her face.

“We are friends Milly.” Tara said softly. She opened her hand letting Milly spread out on her palm. She gently stroked her along her side. “Friends can forgive each other. I can forgive you.” She brought Milly to her face and gently gave her body a few light kisses.

Milly looked up at her unsure. “Really?”

“Of course!” Tara reassured. She could see Milly starting to shake less as she calmed down. “Michelle on the other hand might have a different opinion.”

“NO!” Milly screamed any brief hope for peace on her face instantly vanishing.

“It’s out of my hands.” Tara said mocking innocence. “After all like she said we’re in this together.” She then tossed Milly into Michelle’s eager hands.

“Don’t worry Millicent.” Michelle cooed.  “This is only a first offense so I won’t be too rough.” She chuckled ominously at the young woman trembling in her palm.

 

Chapter End Notes:

I was originally going to write more but this ending seemed more oninous. Look for the next chapter soon maybe even today. As always I would enjoy reading your comments on how you feel about the story and where it is going.