- Text Size +

     When Miyu wakes up, it’s past 12:30 am. She rolls over in bed and tries to recall how she got there. She has only a vague memory of Toma, but he is always there. She sits up slowly, and undoes her uniform before getting into the shower. Once again she stares blearily at her reflection until she can’t see herself anymore.

 

***

     Miyu turns on the news, chewing on some midnight leftovers and wearing only a silk robe. The cooks and maids had gone home. She never sees them around anyway. Toma was nowhere to be found. That shouldn’t be surprising at this hour, but it feels kind of odd. Usually he is always around, fussing over her. She decides to enjoy the moment of peace.

     On the news is a shot of her hand dumping the business-men into the middle of the street. They scream and yelp as they tumble onto the pavement. One of them has his pants down and he hits the pavement face-first. There’s a shower of breaking sake bottles and glasses. A large crowd stares at them.

     Next there’s an interview with the young attendant who had been in her hand. He’s sopping wet. Apparently he had held on to her sleave until she had dipped her hands in the ocean, and he had been swept out to sea. Fortunately he made it back to shore.

    The news woman just starts to introduce the segment about the fire rescue when Miyu hears the chime of the doorbell. She glances at the time. Who would that be? Probably Toma. Hopefully it wasn’t reporters. If they had climbed the fence around her home, she would be angry.

    She walks down the carpeted staircase and crosses the large greeting room to the front doors. She opens them.

    “Hello- Oh my God!” she says. Two men in black with pantihose obscuring their faces push through the door. One of them, taller, is pointing a gun at her. Miyu backs away.

    “Do you know who we are?!” One of the men says.

      Miyu shakes her head.

      “You!” he says. “You killed our family today!”

    “What?” Miyu says, breathlessly.

    The man sounds on the edge of tears. He holds a polaroid up to her face. Miyu bumps into the back wall, cornered. In the photo she manages to make out a house behind a row of four people.

    “You see?!” The man rages. “That is our parents! That was our house! You killed them, you destroyed everything!

    “No!” Miyu says. “No, I didn’t! I - I didn’t mean to! It was an accident!”

    “You killed them!” he says, “And you deny it?”

    “It was an accident!” Miyu screams desperately.

    “Now we will avenge them. Are you read to die?” the man says, raising the gun.

    “NO!” Miyu says.

    She grows.

      Miyu expands rapidly, her robe bursting at the sleeves and falling off her giant form. The men falter, stepping back as they watch the naked woman transforming before them.

    Miyu stops as her head touches the ceiling, almost two stories high. She stares down at the men, panting, in shock at her own involuntary growth.

    The man raises his gun weakly, and after a moment, fires.

    Miyu gasps at the noise and the sudden pain in her torso, under her left breast. She looks down, cupping her breast aside. There’s a tiny little black mark on her skin, and a crimson line dribbles slowly down her stomach.

    Then, she laughs.

    The men look at each other.

    Miyu doesn’t remember the last time she had a good laugh, but she’s having one now. She laughs hard. She bends her knees and throws her head back, laughing at the ceiling above her nose. Then she looks down again and wipes the blood away with one finger, grinning. She sucks her finger clean.

    The men scramble towards the door, tripping over each other. Miyu steps in front of them, stomping her foot. They crash into her leg and fall. She laughs again. Even standing, their had heads had reached only to her hips.

    Rolling onto his back, the man with the gun raises it again. Miyu bends down and slaps it out of his hand, sending it clattering across the room and the man yelps in pain.

    She reaches down with both hands grabs one man in each. She lifts them up, her hands wrapped around their necks. She laughs down at them as they struggle, flailing their limbs. She can barely see their scared little eyes above her hands.

    Miyu looks at her open front door thoughtfully. She doesn’t want the little men to escape. She doesn’t know why, but this was too good to pass up, too perfect, whatever it was that was happening. It was fun.

    She kicks her front doors shut. The men scream at her to let them go.

    “Shut up,” she says, pressing her thumbs into their faces.

      After a few moments, she gets an idea. She’s never tried this before. Not really. She remembered when the scientists had tried to get her to do it, but she had been scared and hadn’t really tried. She had only pretended that it wasn’t possible, and eventually they left her alone. She grins. She knows she can do it now.

    She grins even wider when her mind returned to the present to find one of the men struggling desperately, unable to breath against her thumb, while the other was already weakening, going limp from lack of air. She takes a deep, contented breath, and then shrinks.

    She returns to her normal size. The men had shrank with her, now miniaturized. This is good, she thinks. But it could be better. Still, for now it’s good enough. She lets them drop the floor. She watches, amused as they gasp for breath and look around confused, touching the shiny white floor in shock.

    Miyu knows they are criminals. She knows they’re low class. They probably don’t have any other connections. Probably nobody else knows they had ever come to her house. They’re completely at her mercy now. She can do anything she wants to them.

    She shivers.

    Eventually one of them tries to get up and run, but before he can get to his feet Miyu presses her bare foot down on him. She smiles at feeling of the body squirming under her foot, which covers his whole torso. He writhes onto his back, and her foot settles nicely onto him, his limbs extending in all directions. The feeling of his clothes is nice against her sole. He screams, and she presses harder, laughing as she feels his ribs and pelvis snap and shift, as his screams turn to shrieks. She leans down again, her smile widening as more things pop and crumple beneath her shifting weight. She pinches the pantihose between her thumb and fingernails, and pulls it off the mans head, his shrieks becoming slightly more audible.

    Now she finally understands. That feeling that had nagged her before. That pull that she had pushed away, and didn’t know why. This was it. It was power. No, it’s more than just that. It it’s using her power to get what she wants. It’s using her own power... for her own amusement.

    It feels wonderful.

    The other man, the taller one, gets to his knees and looks like he’s about to run, either to the aid of his friend or for the door.

    “Don’t move,” Miyu says to him, pointing, and he freezes instantly. She chuckles. “Now,” she says, “both of you take off your clothes.”

      They stop squirming and look at her.

      “Now,” she says, lifting her foot above the broken one menacingly.

    He struggles in immense pain with his clothes, unable to stand, while the other strips quickly.

      “Help him," Miyu orders.

      The tall one rushes over to his partner and starts to pull his clothes off. The other cries out in pain, but they manage to strip him down anyway.

      “All of your clothes,” Miyu says.

      The able man hesitates for a second, but then whips off his underwear and pulls off his partner’s as well. Miyu leans down, inspecting them. She giggles. “They’re tiny,” she says, as the tall one tries meekly to hide his privates beneath his hands.

    “Now,” she says, towering over them, her hands on her hips. “What to do with you two?” She studies them for a moment, two pathetic specimens of humanity. “You two are really stupid, did you know that? I mean, unbelievably moronic. Who are you again?”

    The standing man stutters, “S-S-S-Sora.” The other man groans. “And th-that is H-H-Haru!”

    “H-H-Haru!” Miyu mocks. “I don’t care about your names. Did you really think you could just ring the front doorbell and walk into the home of a Giantess?”

      She really liked the sound of that. She had always felt trepidation at naming herself, almost guilty of what she was. But not now. This is who she is. She can finally see it now. She feels a little lightheaded, like this was all a dream, too good to be real. But she stays focused, reveling in it.

    “Answer me,” she orders.

    “You k-killed our p-parents,” he says.

    “Oh yes, now I remember.” She dragged her finger across her tiny wound. It didn’t even hurt anymore. “You thought you could walk in here and shoot me for it, is that it?”

    The little man starts shaking.

      A shiver of delight runs down Miyu’s spine. “Answer me, you little shit. That’s your last warning. The next time you don’t listen, maybe I’ll step on you.”      God this felt good.

    “N-n-no, please! We’re sorry!”

    “Are you the one who had the gun?” she asks.

    He hesitates, shaking. Miyu raises her foot over the other one.

    “Yes it was me!” he says quickly. “Please, please don’t kill my brother!”

    “Oh,” Miyu says, “Your brother is it? Of course he is. Tell me, how did I kill your family?” She didn’t really give a fuck, but was merely curious.

    “Th-the picture,” he says. He points to the polaroid on the floor by the wall.

“That was our house... our... our parents were in it... you stepped on it...” He starts to shake harder. It’s more like shuddering, she realizes. He’s crying.

      Oh, this is too good. A tingling feeling spreads up through her chest. She becomes vaguely aware that her nipples are hard.

    “Oh yes,” She says. “I vaguely remember stepping on a house today.” She sees the men wince visibly, and she smiles. “I remember the feeling... of it crunching under my shoe...”

      That warm feeling rushes through her again as she sees both of them weeping. “Now look at you,” she says. “You’ve failed, miserably. You tried to avenge your parents, who I killed without even noticing. And now you’re tiny and crying on my floor at my feet. Pathetic.” She crosses her arms above them. “I could crush you to death, just for being in my home. In fact...” Her eyes lit up. “Yes. I think I will.”

    “No, please!” Sora says, sinking to his knees. “Please!”

    Oh yes, Miyu thinks, shivering again. “Good, that is exactly what I want. Get your brother up on his knees. I want you both to beg for your lives.”

      She watches as they struggle to get Haru up. She loves seeing them both on their hands and knees.

      Miyu grows again, reveling in the feeling, the physical expression of power. When she reaches ceiling height again she extends her leg forward. “Kiss my foot.”

    They slowly bend their heads and press their lips to her toes. She giggles. “Beg for your lives.”

    “Please! Please don’t kill us!”

    "Keep kissing. You’re my slaves. I want you to beg and kiss at the same time,” she says.

    “Please!” they murmur through kisses.

      She can feel their tiny lips tickling. “Now,” she says, “Don’t take your mouths off my toes, or I will squash you. Understand?”

    They nod.

    “Good.” Miyu shrinks. Sora and Haru shrink with her, their mouths pressed to her feet. She stops when she’s back to normal, and then kicks them off. She raises her bare foot over them.

    The doorbell chimes again. She glares at the door. “More of your friends?” She says.

    As the chimes turn to forceful banging on the door, Miyu grows again to ceiling height, and steps towards the door. The new intruder is using his weight to try to force the doors open. Miyu waits, timing it carefully, and then quickly snaps the doors open. A figure tumbles inside and sprawls onto her floor, and she quickly kneels down over him, pressing her palm into his back and shrinking them both.

    When she reaches normal height she rolls the little man over. The first thing she notices is that he is not wearing any kind of mask.

    She peers down at the little man, his chest puffing in and out with fear. “Toma?” she says.

    “Miyu?” his tiny voice replies. “Are you okay? What is happening?”

    “Oh for God’s sake,” Miyu says, slamming the door. She picks him up and carries him to across the room. She drops him on the stairs. “Stay there,” she orders. “Don’t speak.” She sighs and turns around. Something catches her eye. A sly smile spreads across her face. It felt good to smile like that. She didn’t have to hold back now.

    She turns and walks over to the wall. She finds the polaroid and lifts it up, studying it closely for the first time. There’s the modest little house, and the four people in front of it, the two brothers and their parents smiling proudly. She laughs softly to herself, and looks at the little specks on the floor.

      “Nobody move,” she says. “I’ll be right back.”