- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The adventure aspect of this story is playing out within this chapter.  I wanted to try and develope this part into a more suspenceful scene, and create a better image of the island and the survival of the characters. 

Hope that your starting to get into it, please review!

Dilemma



By: wildcatman



Chapter 5






After cutting several of the longest, thickest vine's that the two men could find, they pulled them out straight and folded them in half, once in the middle, and stretched them out as far as they could. Useing the beach for a flat surface, they quickly managed to make two separate ropes, that easily reached one hundred feet long.

Braiding them together by tightly twisting them-up in short sections, they worked their way along the length and completed one perfect 100 ft. rope.

The sunset arrived just as they were finishing up, and they would need to start again in the morning, making another rope about the same length. The process was slow but they had no other option.

Joe crawled into his sleeping bag, and stretched out...

Mike did the same, and rolled onto his side and unwrapped a package of dried beef. Opening up the vacuum packed product with his teeth, he broke the seal and poured out the contents onto a white cotton handkerchief.

Joe struck a match, and lit the wick of a small military-type canister candle. He carefully placed it on a narrow shelf-like depression that they had made into the dirt wall.

The moonlight was just slightly brighter than the previous night and without building a campfire, to create some light to see by, they had to completely rely on the single little candle.

The two men divided-up the package of beef, and chewed it silently as they laid in the darkness. Both men intently listened to the sounds of the jungle island's night creature's as they awakened and began their nightly routine.

Joe carefully placed the flare-gun next to him, and lightly patted the wooden handle as if the pistol was a "living thing".

Mike yawned and stretched-out trying to force himself to relax. Forgeting about that huge vision that kept on returning to his imagination... That collosal foot print, that was so thoughtlessly made by that enormous female!

He cringed at the thought of what was happening to James. He had been taken by that she-beast, the night before and Mike wondered if he was still alive,... what was happening to him?

Joe laid awake trying to keep watch, puffing on a hand twisted cigarette, he snuffed out the candle as soon as he knew that Mike was sound asleep...

He thought about the rope bridge that they would have to build across that huge canyon-like ravine. He had built rope bridge's over craters like that in the past, and he already knew how to do it...

The thought of what awaited them on the otherside was, what bothered him more...

If James was still alive, what was this giant woman doing with him?

The thought of it stirred up strange 'feeling's', deep inside his mind. The idea of being so much smaller than the female, being at her mercy, forced to behave the way that she wanted, or do whatever she would force you to do...

Joe felt a surge of erotic feeling's boiling-up within his loin's. The image of a gigantic woman, capturing him, and possessing him completely, holding him inside her soft hand's...

He almost fell asleep, but caught himself, and decided to crawl out of the sleeping bag and walk around a bit. He slipped out quietly, and headed down toward the beach. The moonlight was a bit brighter on the shore line, and he could see a fair distance without any sort of artificial light that would attract any sort of unwanted attention.

He was barefoot and wearing only a T-shirt and shortpants as he padded out onto the sandy beach. The sound of the ocean wave's gently surged into the shore with a soothing wash of rhythmic swooshes...

Joe stepped up his pace, and decided to head back toward their plane's crash site, and take a quick look around. It wasn't far, just about a quarter mile down the beach. He noticed the moonlight reflecting off of the ocean water, it seemed to glow in a martainism-like strangeness, an otherworldly sense of surrealness emanated from the foamy crest that washed ashore.

He paused a moment to study the strange color, he had never noticed that "greenish" tint in the ocean untill now, and it caused him to get a sense of "paranormal" influences. Joe's nerves were wearing him down, the constant stress for the last two days was definite, and his blood pressure was surging...

He sat down on a log and wiggled his toe's into the gritty sand. Leaning back and blowing out an excessive breath, he cleared his throat and coughed a few times. Trying to clear his head, he closed his eye's and thought about rolling another cigarette...

He pulled out the tobacco pouch, and a rice paper. Carefully twisting up a crinkly smoke, he placed it in between his dry lip's and just held it there for a moment...

When he opened his eye's he noticed that the sky was starting to cloud up. The puffy luminous vapor that had formed above him seemed to be a greenish mass of thickly sparkling flakes...

Joe was startled by the strangeness of this bizarre formation. He intently watched as he lit his cigarette, and took a deep drag on it...

Exhaling a breath of the tobacco, the blue-ish smoke drifted out, and up into the sky, with a uplifting rise.

Just as the sun's, rays of light, heat-up the earth, the moon's rays, (on this strange little island) seemed to have a juvenescent effect. Joe felt a mild surge of adrenal strength that seminated throughout his body.

The sparkling hue of greenish color seemed to dissipate within a few moments, and Joe sat and finished his cigarette. He glanced down the beach toward where the plane had crashed, and slowly got to his feet. The sand felt cooler at night, as he stepped along and made his way to the crash site.

He stepped along quickly, leaving his footprints behind as his feet sank into the fluffy white sand. He looked back at his tracks, and paused to notice the difference in size to the huge set of tracks that he had been following earlier that day...

Then with a sudden realization, he noticed that he had actually come upon the large, female footprint's of that very giantess!

The tracks had been made the previous night, he could tell by the dried out interior of the huge footprints. He looked forward, and followed her tracks for several huge stride's, and could see that she had found their little airplane,......it had been taken away...

Her huge tracks lead right up to where the crash had happened, and the giant woman had just simply reached down, and casually picked up their airplane, out of the sand, and carried it away!

Joe's heart raced at the image of that scene playing out, this giantess was smart, too!

He felt so insignificicant. So tiny. So defenceless against her, she was getting rid of the evidence...

This gigantic female had just casually picked-up a fifteen hundred pound airplane, and walked off with it!

The giant-sized footprints had stood together closely, at one point, as Joe continued to follow the tracks along the beach, and the imprint of her weighted heel-prints, had created two deeply recessed impression's...

Joe walked between the heel-marks, and discovered a single, dried out, rounded puddle, that had quickly dried up from the sun's heat. The smell of urine lingered in the air around that crusty hole in the sand...

It was where she had squatted, and releaved herself,...Joe was spellbound at the sight of it, the sheer amount of fluid that had poured out there in that spot would have been more then several gallons!


***


Joe headed back toward the rock shelter. He was really begining to have doubts about the remaining mens survival, meaning himself, and Mike. The rope bridge came to his mind, as he stumbled upon some more thick vines, and even in the dim moonlight, he managed to collect another long length of useable vine.

By the first light of day, Joe had nearly finished another rope by himself. Mike had woken-up, and heated up some coffee on the canister candle. Joe sat down and poured himself a cup of the coffee, and watched Mike prepair some vacuum sealed scrambled egg's.

The two men ate their breakfast and got ready for the long hike back up to the cliff. They rolled-up the two ropes, and each man carried one on his shoulder. The trip seemed longer for Joe, since he hadn't had any sleep, but the two of them arrived at the huge cliff side within an hour's time.

They tied a smaller single vine around a football sized stone, and Mike threw the stone across the crevasse, and it wrapped around a stump on the otherside...

Joe had tied a single length of fishing line to the stone as well, and held onto the other end. He pulled the line in, and retreved the stone, ( The vine was now wrapped around the stump on the other side.) They tied-off the end to a root, on their side, and they now had a single rope stretched across the deep ravine...

Mike went across the rope, hand over hand, and made it over to the other side. He had the second rope tied off around his waist. He removed it, and pulled it up tightly, and tied it off onto the stump where the first one was tied. The rope bridge was complete. Joe took shorter sections of the vine, as he scooted across, and connected them between the two long lengths, and formed a ladder-like pattern as he went along...

When Joe had finished, and finally reached the otherside, the bridge was a sturdy ladder-like rope bridge that could easily hold the weight of three or four average sized men. Two more seperate ropes could be added later, that would be tied off at different points, to better secure it. (They would be like hand railing's, and add additional support)

Proud of there work, and the fact that they could now get across the ravine, the two men sat down and took a mid-morning break. They didn't rest very long though, when the thought of tracking the giantess re-entered their mind's...

The fate of their comrade James, was at stake. They wasted no time forging on and soon stumbled upon another huge footprint...


"She's headed up there!", Joe pointed out. looking up ahead, they could see a huge cave-like opening in the side of a steep mountain.


"Come-on, let's get up there, and see if we can see anything..."


Upon arriving at the entrance to the cave, the two men decided to seperate and take their chance's on their own in case one of them was captured, at least she would get both of them...


The cave was quiet when Mike entered it's huge opening. Joe stayed back, and waited at the outside edge of the cave. He would wait exactly an hour, then he would enter if Mike didn't come back. The idea was difficult to do, but the thought of both of them getting caught by her just wasn't worth taking that kind of chance.

Mike stepped quietly into the huge tunnel-like opening, and carefully made his way deeper into the cooler space inside. The darker the cave became the cooler it got, and Mike had to slow down his search to allow his eye's to adjust to the darker interior of the rocky hole in the mountain...

The sound of dripping water splashing into a pool echoed within the opening of a widened out area inside. Mike causiously continued along, and quietly made his way farther into the giantess's lair...

His heart began to pound inside his chest as he stepped into the huge room. A fireplace flickered with light, and illuminated nearly all of the space within the huge room-like cave. Mike noticed the giant table, and chair, the pile of huge blankets that must have been her enormous bed...

He stepped farther along, and looked all around inside of the massively huge lair. He was trembling like a worm on a hook as he realized that he was right inside of this giant woman's home!













**************