- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

James get a good look at his captor, and his 'situation'...

Dilemma



By: wildcatman




Chapter 4






Joe rolled a smoke, and scratched a wooden match across the zipper on his back-pack's side pocket...

Lighting the crinkled-up cigarette with the flickering flame of the flaring match-stick, he took a hard drawl, and sucked-in the tobacco smoke with a quick, devouring breath....

Mike watched the surrounding jungle with a intense eye. He was terrified of the idea that this giantess was out there somewhere, and that she would come back for the two of them, he was sure of that!

James was her first victim. Mike didn't want to be her next. Joe seemed to be strangely calm about the whole thing, and he just sat there calmly taking hard pull's on his smoldering cancer stick...


"Come on, we have to find James, and see if we can help him!", Mike said, as he stood up and walked over to Joe. Impatiently expecting something to do about their dire situation, he was ready to get the hell off of this strange island...

"We'll be going here in a moment" - "just let me think for a minute,.. this island isn't very big, and we should be able to track this, 'Big bitch' down, soon enough, although,.. what are we going to do if we find her, Huh?, Joe continued...

"She's like really 'BIG', and if she get's her hand's on you, your 'Done'.... You can't 'defend' yourself against a 'Giantess', she could just step on you, and squish-Ya!"

"We have to be very sneaky about this, ya-know?", Joe whispered.

"We've gotta have a plan, somekind of way to defend ourself against her....got any 'Idea's?", Joe asked, as he studied Mike's sweating face...

Mike took off his sweat-band, and wrung-it-out with both hands', he un-twisted it and laid it aside to dry-out a bit. He scratched his head with all four finger's on his left hand, and squatted down next to Joe...

"One of us could distract her, while the other get's away, ya-know, if we 'Have-to', and there's no other choice,...", Mike looked away, half afraid that Joe's answer, would be in agreement with his brave suggestion...

Joe paused for a moment, "That's one way, to ensure that at-least one of us has a chance", Joe whispered back, with a raspy relaxed voice, exhaling a couple thick smoke rings that drifted straight up...

"But, I was trying to think of a way that we could 'Kill' this mighty woman!", Joe firmly spoke, as he took another hard drawl on his hand-rolled smoke...

Mike looked over at him with a look of disbelief. He thought of the flare gun, and realized that at her 'size', it would only anger the huge female, and if she were 'pissed-off, that would bring on a bigger problem for them, if she got 'a-hold' of them, afterword...

"Maybe I could just let her catch me,... and then, wait for her to pick me up, and shoot her right in the eye with the flare!", Joe said, with a crazy look of despairation...


"Yea, what if you 'miss', or if she see's the gun and flicks it out of your hand?", Mike replyed, sarcastically shaking his head with angry frustration....

"Let's just stay out of sight, and try and find out where she's taken James, alright?". "She has to have some type of shelter 'somewhere' on this frickin island, and we have to find it", Mike firmly stated, as he nerviously kept a constant watch all around them...

"Yea, we'll find her lair first, and then try to figure something out", Joe added, as he slowly got up, taking one last drag off of his cigarette, he dropped it to the ground and snuffed it out with the toe of his boot...



***



James sat up and looked around, he was inside of a set of heavy limb's that had been crudely made into a wall of bars. The bars were forming a square box around him, and a solid wood roof above, blocked out most of the light coming into the cage-like structure...

He rubbed his eye's and crawled over to the edge...

The echoing sound of plopping droplet's of water, dripped down from the higher ceiling of the damp, dark, cave. James had to strain his eye's a bit to see across the huge carved-out structure. It appeared, that he was inside of a solid rock cave...

A small fireplace was set into the wall, and a skillet that was as big as a small car sat on a wire rack, heating-up, and glowing red on the bottom...

He instantly began to tremble and shake at the sight of how huge everything was...

A stool was sitting next to a wooden table, and the surface of the table could have easily been used for a basketball court. The one thing that really caught his eye though, was the sight of the miniature-looking object that sat in the center of it...

The tail section of their airplane, with the burnt-out remains still connected, was parked right in the middle of that giant table! It looked like a child's toy sitting there...

He frantically looked all around, the sudden movement caught his eye, just to the right of a pile of massively huge blanket's was a giant woman!

She was sitting on a chair, bending down toward her feet, she was dipping her foot into a big bucket of hot water...

James watched as the unaware giantess seemed to be soaking a wound on her left ankle. She would grunt and moan a little, as she splashed the steaming hot water up over her foot and ankle. She appeared to be in pain, and was soaking her foot methodically with the hot soothing water...

James still couldn't get a good look at her. The long curly mane of hair that curtained down around her face, completely consealing it. He intently watched the giantess, as she leaned down and bathed her tremendous foot. She sighed, and sat up. Her hair seperated from around her face, and she instinctively glanced over to the cage...

Her eye's were a dark blue, an almost turquoise color. The penetrating stare of her mesmerizing eye's caused James to nearly faint from the sudden sight of such exquisite beauty...

She saw him looking back at her, and a slow, knowing smile crept onto her lips'. She cocked her head to one side, and flipped her hair back like a 'flirting-teenager'. James felt a ripple of tingling sensations course up through his loin's.

Her voice echoed inside of the huge rock cave...

"Mmmm, you awake NOW?" she asked, with a child-like curiousity.

James nearly passed-out from the realization of her sheer enormity. She slowly stood up, and stepped toward the cage, it was hanging from a braided rope, that was fastened to a hook in the ceiling, which placed him right at her eye level...

The giantess limped when she walked, and she awkwardly stepped closer to the cage, bringing her huge face right up next to the bars. James sat naked, and breathless, in the center of the empty floor. Her massive face filled the entire side of the cage wall. She smiled in at her tiny captive, peering in at him through the tightly spaced bar's...

James was frozen with paralyzing fear. He 'instantly' felt the warmth from her massive body, as she stood so close, and watched his cowering reaction to her immediate presence...

Her 'greatness' was so terrifying, and overwhelming!

She was simply magnificent, fifty feet tall, and as beautiful as any 'super-model' that he'd ever laid eyes on!

His body was uncontrolably trembling, vigorously, and violently shaking , so bad that, he knew that it was clearly visable to the giantess...

He hugged his knee's and curled-up into a ball, protectively trying to conseal himself from her intense stare. He had never before felt so completely helpless, and so overwhelmed...



***



Mike walked ahead, about fifty-feet, expertly tracking the enormass footprint's left behind by the gigantic woman.

She was easy enough to track, leaving behind an impression the size of a entrance door to a cathedral, the distance between, being 30 to 40 regular step's for the two giantess hunter's...

They continued following her up, untill they reached a steep cliff. The giantess had, just simply, stepped across. However, Joe and Mike were completely stranded. A sheer drop-off, of over 2000 feet, created a vast crevasse, that suddenly became, the edge of their world...

The distance across the open space, of the massive ravine, was estimated to be about 70, or 75 feet. Joe searched through his pack, and could find nothing to work with that could help them to get across...

Mike studied the distance, and frantically paced back and forth on the edge of the cliff...


Joe sat down on a fallen tree, and rolled another smoke. He expertly twisted it up, and placed it in his mouth. Mike walked over and flopped down besid him and removed the cap on their canteen...


"How are we suppose to get across 'that', without a rope", Mike asked, as he slowly lifted the canteen up to his parched lip's...

"We'll just have to 'make one', or 'two', for that matter, there's plenty of vines down at the beach, we can use them". "We'll just have to, go back down there, and get some of them, and start braiding them together", Joe told him. "It'll take the rest of the day, so we may as well get started"

Mike took a quick slug from the canteen, and handed it over to Joe, who in turn,-handed the smoldering cigarette over to him...

Mike took the cigarette, and took a smooth drag from it's tip. He held-in the smoke, and allowed the nicotine to penetrate into his lung's. His slow exhale, lingered out, as he pondered the thought of James's situation...

Were they just wasting their time? Had this 'giantess' already, taken his life?

Eaten him alive, or just squashed him into a pulp inside of her single hand?

James's pant's had just been, 'ripped-off' of his body, the stitched seam down the side of the leg, was torn apart, completely seperated from the waist, to the ankle...

The two men had just 'happened' to find them, where the huge woman had just casually discarded them, as she walked along, carrying their tiny comrade within her hand's like a child's toy doll!

Mike handed the cigarette back over to Joe, and retrieved the nearly empty canteen from him, and replaced the twist-cap on it, and slung it over his shoulder as he stood back up. He stepped closer to the edge of the huge gully, and stared down into the canyon-like ravine...

"She just 'stepped' across, that, like it was nothing!", Mike blurted out in angry disgust.

"Do you think that....that, he's still....alive", Mike whispered quietly, not expecting an answer from Joe, as he awkwardly stood up, and causously stepped over to the edge next to him...

"I Don't know, Man", Joe whispered back, adjusting his backpack. "We just have to 'believe', that he 'is', and try and find him"

"What if there's more,...'of-them?", Mike asked, with a blank exspression.

Joe turned to face him, as he stepped away from the edge, and grabbed onto the younger man's shoulder...

"More Giant's?", Joe asked. "Yes", Mike continued. "I mean, what if there's like a whole bunch, of Giants, on this, 'God forsaken island!

"Fuck, I don't know?", Joe snapped back, as he pulled Mike along with him, dragging him back the way they had came...

"If there IS,... then we'll just have to 'Deal-with-IT!", Joe snarkly replyed. "Come on, we're burning daylight, and those ropes aren't going to braid themselve's!"


"How can you be so 'Nonchalant', about this, Huh?", Mike aggressively snarled at him, while jerking his shoulder away from the older man...

"I mean, we could be just 'wasting' our fucking time here", Mike continued. "What are 'WE', to "THEM, I mean, GOD, the size of those 'feet', are fucking 'MON-STROSITY'S', Man!", Mike frantically illustrated, by holding his hand's as far apart as he could...

"Look, I don't want to be that 'Giant bitche's' next meal either, but if we can save James, we have to at-least TRY!", Joe tryed to reason with him...

"We're 'fuckin' doomed man!", Mike growled down, looking away in frustrated anger...

"We'll never make it out of this 'Alive', I just 'Know-It!", Mike yelled out....

His voice echoed down into the canyon..... 'A-LIVE'....'A-LIVE'....'a-live'...'a-live'....'a-liv'....