- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
EARTH-08112009
(NINE MONTHS EARLIER)
* * * * *

Claire Martin looked up at her hostess in disbelief.

"You know my power only works on mortals," growled the renegade mini-goddess.

"That's true," replied her hostess: "But, I know a couple women who are only GTS-goddesses at night! If you were to kiss one of them during the day, when they were still plain old human, I could swallow that one alive. Thereby allowing me to assimilate her power through gastronomancy!"

"Isn't You-Know-Who liable to detect that...and object?" demanded Claire.

"Not if you use one of their lesser-known counterparts from other parallel-Earths," said her hostess: "After all; look how many Gabrielles and Valentinas there are, throughout the multiverse!"

"Okay, okay!" shouted Claire: "I'll do it. I do have to admit; I don't think I'll have much trouble convincing Verta to go along with this."

"Why shouldn't she?" asked her hostess: "This barren lump of space rock will be the perfect challenge for her!"

* * * * *

THE PLANET ARCHAVIA,
(PRESENT DAY)

RAY VENN'S P.O.V.

I was herded into the back of what looked like the VTOL version of a 1950's paddy wagon.* With Paula Drake and Dah Liah right behind me. The ImpSec agents waiting outside Omega Mega House, as potential back-up, had already confiscated Dah's holo-flage belt. As a result, she was once again wearing her white mini-dress (as opposed to the projected illusion of a female ImpSec unitard).

When we arrived at ImpSec Headquarters, we were interrogated separately. With the ladies going first. When it came my turn, I had to fight to keep an anticipatory smile off my face.

"Before we begin, Mr. Venn," said the brunette who appeared to be in charge: "I have to tell you that Ms. Drake and Ms. Liah told us some very odd things about you. I'm not talking about you and Ms. Drake having been illegally abducted from Earth by the Knnn'thxx! Unfortunately, there's ample precedent for that. I'm talking about..."

"...my 'alleged' sizechanging powers?" I concluded: "Fear not, Captain! I can give you an effective demonstration of their veracity. And, mine."

Whereupon, I shrank back down to normal human-size. Thereby slipping out of their high-tech handcuffs! And, when I immediately resumed my giant-size, I could not help wishing that I had a disposable digital camera with me.

The looks on the faces of the captain and her partner were that priceless.

"H-H-How the frig...?" began the latter.

So, once again, I had to give complete strangers a crash-course on the nature of the multiverse, in general. And, my family history, in particular. When I was finished, I added:

"Speaking of sizevamps; I had better tell you what I psychometrically gleaned from the one I slew in the sewers."

That segued into a lecture on GTS-goddesses and their various abilities. Not to mention, attitudes! When I got done with that, my throat was so dry, I had to croakingly ask for a glass of water. And, thankfully, I was provided with one.

After finishing it, I summarized matters, this way.

"I don't know how tall you Titans get, on average. But, Bubla reaches ten thousand Earth-feet, in height! And, if she reaches this planet, she'll make even your Emperor look like a bug, by comparison.

tbc
Chapter End Notes:
*VTOL: Vertical Take-Off and Landing.

Paddy wagon: obsolescent (and somewhat "politically incorrect") slang term for the prisoner transport vans used by American big-city police departments. Derived from their once having been horse-drawn...and from the 19th-century predominance of Irish-Americans on such police forces.