- Text Size +
OMNISCIENT AUTHOR P.O.V.

* * * * *

Imperial Security was quick to respond to the reported disturbance at the Omega Mega Sorority House. And it was Artura Lavrem who personally questioned Lihsah Gruja.

"Where you coming from when you walked in on the crime in progress, miss?"

"I was returning from ch-ch-choir practice. I'm l-lead soprano for the school choir."

Artura paused to let the girl dab at her tear-filled eyes, with a handkerchief, before resuming the interrogation.

"And, what was the first thing you saw when you entered the room?"

"I s-saw two men in the bathroom. One about f-f-four feet tall, dressed all in b-black, and holding a gun on the other. The other was...slightly t-taller, maybe by a f-f-foot-and-a-half. With b-black hair and...extra pointy teeth."

"Extra pointy?!" Artura echoed.

Lihsah nodded, pointing at her own canines for emphasis.

"Like these! Only...m-m-more so."

Artura duly noted that before asking what, if anything the two men had said Lihsah repeated what she had heard, verbatim, before asking if she could see her roommates' body.

"I don't think that's advisable, just yet," Artura replied: "My people are still performing their preliminary analyses."

Lihsah nodded her understanding. At which point, Artura had one of the junior ImpSec officers take the distraught younger woman to get some refreshment. When this had been accomplished, she went over to the bathroom doorway.

"Well?"

"We've got a weird one, boss. According to the school's database, the deceased is one Lintah Ecalevol. A sophomore; age twenty. With a recorded height of five feet/eleven inches."

"So?"

Barco gestured to his left: "See for yourself."

Artura leaned past him, and gasped.

"She's the size of a child!!"

"Four-foot-one," Barco specified: "There's no doubt about it. I had the coroner measure her twice, just to be sure. So, either this girl was the first one in history to lie about her height, rather than her age? Or, she posthumously...shrank!"

"Add Mr. Pointy Teeth to the BOLO on Mystery Man," Artura ordered: "As a possible accomplice to murder!"

* * * * *

RAY VENN'S P.O.V.

My headache was growing progressively worse. So that meant I was slowly catching up to the sizevamp. Yet, it wasn't just my early warning system that was giving me a headache. There was also the unanswered question of how that sizevamp had gotten Morpher-like abilities!

That, and the fact he had also been giant-size.

You see, unlike other vampires, sizevamps just don't suck blood. They suck on pituitary hormones, as well. Causing their victims to shrink as they drain them dry!

But, this doesn't give them the ability to grow giant-size, as a result. Oh, no! Not unless they're half-Sizeloan, like me. And, I had never heard of any other such dhampirs...on Sizeloa, or anywhere else in the multiverse.

Suddenly, the pain got so bad, I actually had to grit my teeth!!

"I must be right on top of him," I thought to myself.

The reverse turned out to be true. The sizevamp dropped down on me, from the ceiling of the sewer tunnel, like a gecko who had suddenly developed arthritis!

tbc
Chapter End Notes:
Note: on Archavia, 5'11" = roughly 130 Earthly feet. While 4'1" = 110 Earthly feet.