- Text Size +
Cuddles sessions are never as long as you want them to be. As Janet stirs awake, it feels as if Megan and I have just gotten started settling into the couch. With her arms wrapped around me and the side of my face in her bosom, it just doesn't feel like it has been long enough. Times like this are when I forget my size, or lack thereof. Times when there is nothing in existence but myself, Megan, and the cuddle we are sharing each other within. But alas, nothing lasts forever. As I said a moment ago, Janet is beginning to stir awake.

I jump down from the couch and step to the side to wait for Megan. As her feet touch the floor, she greets Janet with a simple hello. Patting her on the back as she walks by, I had offered to get Janet to the kitchen. The way Megan is walking makes me think she doesn't want Janet to be awake yet, either. If she is thinking anything like I am, she wanted to spend more time with our cuddle. Such is life, though. I watch her tall figure and nylon-covered feet disappear into the kitchen as I walk over to the drowsy Janet.

As Janet pulls herself up, she looks around, rubbing her eyes. "Mmm...what happened? I didn't, fall asleep, did I?" She is always so innocent about falling asleep at our house. As fun as Janet is to be around, she is a big sleeper. Nearly every time she is over, she falls asleep on one of us or the couch. I don't know how she can sleep so much. I slowly walk to the couch and put my hands on her, looking up towards her watery eyes. This is much more manageable with conversation. As she sits and I stand, I am around shoulder height. Much less intimidating, to be sure.

Taking her hand, I walk Janet back into the kitchen, where Megan is setting plates and silverware for everyone, Janet included. As we walk in, Megan eyes Janet and then sends me a small grin. She is hard at work at setting things up, and it looks as if she has something to say.

"You know, Janet" Megan starts, "I wasn't expecting to see you here today. I hope you don't mind, but I don't have a whole lot of food to feed three people. I was just planning on feeding myself and Trent." I feel a little bit of tension in the air. I look at Megan, and then at Janet, who seems to be a little nervous. She timidly apologizes for coming over. "I didn't mean to intrude, Meg. I just wanted to see how Trent is doing. If you would like me to leave, then I can do that." she suggested.

I don't know what Megan is trying to do with talking to Janet like this. Maybe she just really wants to spend time with me, or maybe she is a little flustered that our cuddle session got drawn to a short close. No matter the case, I can tell she is making Janet nervous. It makes me question what I should say in this situation. Do I say she can stay, and risk Megan getting more flustered with her? Should I say she should leave, and likely make Janet feel more unwelcome? The obvious choice comes to mind, and I take it.

"You can have part of my food, Janet. I don't eat as much, ever since this happened to me. There's no need to make anything extra. Right, Megan? I let Janet in, and we should let her stay for dinner." I know I am taking a risk with this move. I don't want to upset Megan, but I also don't want Janet to feel unwelcome in this house. I think that, even if Megan is upset, I can work that out later. I don't want to make my friend feel unwelcome. THat is something that could lead to much worse tension between the three of us. The last thing I want is for this situation to cause unnecessary tension between us three, as friends.

"Yes. We can do that." Megan says, as she nods to me. I see a bit of discomfort in the look on her face, but she is accepting my suggestion. Despite being half her height, I have to have some influence in this relationship. Megan may not like some things I do, but that is how some relationships have to be. Sometimes, we do things the other doesn't agree with, but we compromise for the greater good. I can make it up to her later tonight, anyways.

As we all sit down and are eating, we start conversation. I am currently sitting in a booster seat, originally bought for when/if Megan and I ever have children. I am sitting on the end with Megan on my left and Janet on my right. I feel a little less tension from Megan now. Maybe she just needed a few minutes to get out of that "Cuddle Mode" and back into what tonight will entail.

"So..." starts Janet, looking in my direction. "You can't drive a car right now, right? When you get off your vacation, getting to work might be a little difficult for you." I nod and agree with her. Working at a Help Desk, getting to work will be a problem. I have the scooter that I can drive around, but it is not something I can take to work. My job is an hour's drive from home, in a car. In a scooter, that would be much longer. Not to mention that I can no longer reach buttons at gas stations to be able to fill up without someone else with me.

"I know!" she exclaims, trying to take control of this conversation. "The supers were planning on getting you able to work from home soon, right? I'll go in tomorrow and shoot the idea of accelerating that. Maybe we can get a phone and access and everything set up before you go back on vacation. Then, you can just take calls from here." The idea is a good one. Being able to work from home will be key to keeping work life going, and that is something I desperately need to keep going. I cannot expect Megan to support both of us. Short or not, I need to keep working.

I nod and thank her for the idea, and what she is going to do for us. Afterwards,the three of us jump into conversation, as normal as can be. As we eat, we talk about nearly everything, and try to avoid the illness as much as possible. Megan knows how touchy I am about it, and Janet will learn, too. Being suddenly shrunk to half your size is nothing to be taken lightly. It is very hard and depressing, at times.

We stay in conversation, laughing on occasion, until we are all finished eating. Then, Janet takes her leave. As she thanks us for the meal, she gives me a hug and I thank her for what she is going to do at work tomorrow. Soon enough, we see her driving away. Megan and I look at each other, and smile. Walking back inside, we aim to start cleaning up and see what else we can do for the night...