- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

When I added chapter 11, for some reason it was added 3 times. I deleted the two extras that night, but it threw the entire story's word count off and it didn't return to normal afterwards like I was hoping it would. So as of right now this story's word count stands at a little over 5,000 words higher than it should. I've tried contacting the site to see if there's any way to fix this but so far there has been no response. It's not really THAT big of an issue, but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone was wondering why the word count seemed higher than it should be. 

EDIT: It seems like the issue has sorted itself out... at least I hope that's what's happened.


Anyways, I hope you enjoy the new chapter, thanks for reading!

 

 

 

 

Nobody speaks as Claire makes her way up the stairs and enters the attic. Everyone seated at the picnic table simply stares as the colossal young woman's body rises higher and higher into the air until she clears the stairs and takes her first step onto the attic floor. She is once again dressed in jean shorts, though no one can tell whether or not it's the same pair she had graced the day before as this pair seems to be identical. Higher up, she wears another black T shirt, this one bearing a red TOOL logo. “I guess she might have one thing going for her.” says Jim, breaking the silence at the table. “It seems like she might have good taste in music.”

 

Claire walks through the room, her bare feet producing soft slapping sounds on the wood floor with each step she takes. Every soft slap to her translates into more of a boom for Michael and the others. She passes the tiny picnic table and comes to a stop behind it. Lowering herself down, she crosses her legs and takes her usual seat on the floor. “Good morning, little people! How are you all today? Did you have a good rest?” She flashes a big smile down to the group below, exposing her perfect white teeth, the immensity of which causing some of the men and women on the receiving end to shudder.

 

The delightfully clean scent of soap, shampoo, and other hair products has filled the air surrounding the men and women at the table since Claire sat down, making it evident that the massive young woman before them has recently bathed. The highly pleasant aroma penetrates their tiny nostrils with each breath they take. The smell is so great that the little women on the ground can't help but feel envious as they stare into their captor's smile looming high above, none of them having been able to take showers of their own this morning. Oh, what they wouldn't give to be able to clean themselves up after yesterday's tumultuous adventures on their friends' lawn followed by a long night inside a shoebox?

 

Nobody answers Claire's questions about whether or not they had slept well, most of them still simply too intimidated by her incredible size to be able to respond to her, and besides, none of them care to give her the satisfaction of knowing that the supplies she had left them with last night were actually quite comfortable. “Are you little guys hungry again? Do you want some breakfast?”

 

“Claire...” begins Michael, trying to sound as stern and unfearful as he can while attempting to reason with someone so impossibly larger than himself. “This has gone on long enough. If this was some kind of joke, you've had your fun and nobody is laughing, it's time to end it. We're scared. You need to change us back to normal now so we can go to the restroom and then carry on with our lives.”

 

Claire is still surprised she can even manage to hear the little people so well when they speak. “Go to the bathroom? Oh my god!” Claire covers her mouth playfully as she gasps. “I can't believe I forgot about that! I made you guys a cute and comfy little place to sleep but I completely forgot to give you a place to go to the bathroom! I'm sorry little people, I'll be right back!”

 

Everyone stares in awe as Claire quickly stands to her feet and walks away, her steps causing small tremors that grow continuously less intense as she gets further away before reaching the stairs and disappearing from the attic. Some of them wonder, no matter how long they could be left at this size, would they ever be able to get used to experiencing the state of awe and sometimes even downright shock granted to them by normal sized people and objects?

 

“Well, Michael, great work” says Jennifer. “Great idea trying to talk her into helping us, because you know it worked just SO well for us yesterday.”

 

“She's had a full night to think about the situation. I thought it might be possible to reason with her now, that she might be ready to take things a little more seriously.”

 

“A full night to think about the situation?” says Keith. “What she's had is a full night to dream about all her new toys waiting for her up in the attic. If anything, she would be harder to talk sense into today than she was yesterday. It's hopeless.”

 

“I hate to say it, but he's right” chimes in Isaac. “Clearly, this girl is on some sort of power trip. She knows we're helpless, completely at her mercy, and on some level she has found this to be appealing to her. There's no other reason for her to have not returned us to normal yet, and as long as she continues to enjoy the control she has over us, how could we possibly hope to bring her to do so?”

 

Discussion ceases again as Claire enters the attic. Her footsteps lightly shake the floor until she once again takes her seat in front of the group with her legs crossed. In her left hand she holds a small white box. Using scissors she has cut what to the little men and women amounts to a doorway sized hole into one side of the box. Through the hole, they can see she has lined the floor of the box with folded up paper towels or napkins. “I even shrunk a couple rolls of toilet paper and tossed them inside. I know this isn't like the greatest thing for the job but when you guys need to go, you can go in here” she says as she leans over, placing the box down as far to her left as she can reach without having to stand up.

 

“That's disgusting!” yells Jennifer. “If you think I'm going to use that, you-”

 

“Awww, little Jennifer, you don't like my idea? I'm glad you came back to join the rest of the group after you took off in your little car yesterday, but if you want to complain to me again today, I can think of a certain part of my body that would just love to listen! “Claire smiles down on the tiny woman below and begins to playfully wiggle her toes without uncrossing her legs and moving her feet to a position where they could be more easily seen. The view from where Jennifer is seated must be just fine though as the color of her face switches to red and she refuses to interrupt again. She has gotten the message. “Anyways, that's the best I could come up with for now” says Claire as she points to the white box on her left.

 

Everyone gasps and freezes in place, unsure of what to do as Claire brings her closed right hand to a rest a few inches above the picnic table and allows it to hover there for a few seconds before opening it. A few crumbs and a shrunken one gallon jug filled with orange liquid drop from her palm and land on the surface of the table, causing the people below to jump in their seats. Claire pulls her hand back to her body as she giggles, amused by the fright she had unintentionally caused to arise.

 

“What's this?” asks Michael as the group begins to calm down from the scare given to them simply by the nearness of the massive hand lingering above.

 

“Breakfast.” The miniscule people begin to inspect the very large red crumbs in front of them. “I realized this morning that I pretty much wasted all those chips last night. If I'd left them full sized, just like one or two of those things would have been enough to fill all of you for an entire day! And even I could have enjoyed a few more of them that way too. It would be too expensive to keep shrinking normal sized food and feeding it to you guys. Maybe if you're really good, then as a treat I can, but for now stuff like this will be fine.”

 

“I can't even tell what this is” says Michael. He nor anyone else had yet taken a bite from one of the large crumbs.

 

“It's bacon, silly! I took a slice and broke a few little pieces off for you guys so you could manage to handle and eat it. And that's orange juice in the jug. I grabbed an empty jug that used to have water in it and I shrunk it on the counter. Then I really carefully filled it with orange juice. I didn't need to shrink the whole thing of orange juice and waste it like the chips. I spilled a little while I as filling the tiny jug though and I had to wipe the counter. I should have used an eyedropper or something.” Claire giggles as she lifts her hand to her face and pretends to squeeze the top of an invisible eyedropper between her index finger and thumb. “Maybe I'll remember that for next time and make things easier.” She smiles again before standing up. “Okay little people, enjoy your breakfast. I'll be back soon and we can have a little fun together today!”

 

Despite having to feel the vibrations in the floor as she moves, the group doesn't even pay attention to Claire as she walks away and descends the stairs, leaving them alone once more in the vastness of the attic. They're too focused on the large red slabs in front of them which they have been told are crumbs of bacon. Isaac reaches out and lifts one from the table, holding it awkwardly thanks to the object's size and weight. He brings his head in close and takes a bite, chewing for a few seconds before swallowing. The bacon is relatively soft and not overly difficult to chew as everyone had imagined it would be. Had it been crispy or somewhat burnt, then they would have had trouble eating it. “Not bad, actually” says Isaac before leaning in to take another bite.

 

Slowly, the others begin to join Isaac in his feast, with the exception of Jennifer. “The bitch didn't even shrink this shit for us! Like we're little fucking animals that she can just feed scraps too! I'm not going to take this for much longer!”

 

Michael finds himself wanting to say “how are you going to stop her?” but he keeps from doing so and continues to watch as the woman sits enraged on the other side of the table. Everything she was saying was true and he was sure the others felt the same way, but he and the rest of the group seemed to be better at keeping their cool. Of all his wife's friends, Michael did always know Jennifer as the one with the temper. As he takes a sip from the jug of orange juice, the woman raises an arm and swings her fist down in anger. She struck her target, a chunk of bacon on the table below. “OW!” she yells as she pulls the expression on her face into a scowl. Her fist bounced off the unscathed bacon and she managed to cause herself a bit of pain instead. Jim covers his mouth with his hand to help conceal his smile and attempt to hold back laughter.

 

“So, what do you think the 'fun' she said we'll be having today will be?” asks Keith with a mouthful of bacon.

 

“No idea” replies Amy. “But if it's going to be 'fun' for her, I'm betting it won't be for us.”

 

“Likewise” says Isaac.

 

At least twenty minutes pass as Michael and the others feast upon their meal of bacon and orange juice. After finishing the meal, the group shifts its attention to the small white box Claire has left on the attic floor for them. “So, what do you think of our new bathroom?” Michael asks.

 

“I'm pretty sure you already know what I think” says Keith. “But I'll tell you this: I don't want it so close to us. We start using that thing, and it's not exactly going to smell pleasant. There should be more distance between us and it.”

 

“Hmmm, you're right.” says Jim. “I've got an idea though. You two, meet me over there next to it, I'll be right there.”

 

Michael and Keith nod their heads and rise from the table before beginning their short walk over to the white box. Jim heads in a different direction after leaving the table, towards the row of shrunken vehicles. He climbs into his truck and starts it up, then drives it over to the box on the floor where Michael and Keith are waiting, bringing his vehicle to a stop directly in front of the structure. “What's the plan?” Keith yells up to Jim, still seated in his vehicle.

 

“I'm gonna push this thing back” responds Jim through his open window.

 

“You sure your truck can handle it? asks Keith. This thing's probably heavy.”

 

“Yeah” says Jim, laughing. “My baby can handle it. She's tough. This thing can't be THAT heavy, the walls look pretty thin. Guess we'll find out though. Go up to the wall and tell me when to stop.”

 

The two men move themselves to the wall and motion for Jim to begin pulling forward. The blue truck begins to move, the engine roars loudly as the vehicle makes contact with the box and begins to slowly push it across the floor. “Keep it coming” says Michael as the distance between the box and the back wall begins to decrease. “Alright, stop!” Jim hits his brakes and his truck halts, the back of the white box comes to rest just inches away from touching the wall.

 

“Great work, guys” says Jim. “Hop in, I'll give you a ride back to the group.” Michael and Keith climb into the bed of their friend's vehicle and are driven back across the wood floor towards the picnic table. As the two men climb out of the vehicle, the sound of footsteps on the stairs below becomes audible before Claire comes into view. She enters the attic, carrying two metal buckets by their handles, one in each hand as she walks through the room. She takes a seat in front of the wall opposite to where the little cars are parked, setting the two buckets down next to her, one on each side of her body. Instead of sitting in her usual position with her legs crossed, she plants both of her bare feet onto the floor and rests her back against the wall behind her. She pulls her legs a little closer to her body, her knees in the air.

 

“Hey little people! I thought of something we can do today! Come over here and we can get started!” She smiles as she looks across the room to the tiny picnic table. “Did you guys go for a little ride?” she asks, noticing the little blue truck on the floor next to the table. She waits patiently for the group to come to her but they just continue to stare at her, unmoving. “Ugh, again?” Her voice doesn't show any anger or frustration with the little people and neither her tone nor demeanor change as she tells them what she must to get them to obey her. “Come on, little ones, you know if you don't walk over to me on your own I'll just come and get you, and you know you won't like that at all. Don't make me do that, just be good and come over here.”

 

Everyone knows from experience that Claire means what she says. Rather than force her into having to stand and retrieve them, which would be another frightening ordeal for them, the group reluctantly stands up from the picnic table and begins walking towards the massive young woman on the other side of the room. Halfway there, Claire speaks again. “Whoever's little truck that is, you should bring that over, it might come in handy.” Everyone else keeps walking towards Claire but Jim stops and stands still, nervous. He really doesn't want to see his vehicle take part in any more adventures with giant women. Claire watches the one man on the floor standing still while everyone else continues walking, knowing he must be the owner of the blue truck. She smiles at him. “Fine, I guess I can get up and grab it myself, little man.” Jim immediately turns around and heads for his truck, causing Claire to laugh. Everyone else stops a fair distance away from Claire and stares up at her, not sure of what to do next. “You can get closer than that, guys. Jeez, I don't bite!” Still reluctant, they move closer to her, stopping not far in front of her enormous bare feet. Her toes lay out before them, nails unpainted. The polish has been removed from them since the last time she was in the attic. Jim drives up in his truck and parks it behind the men and women before getting out and joining the group at Claire's feet.

 

An extremely pleasing odor emanates from the gigantic girl's feet resting on the wood floor. It's as if she has recently applied some sort of lotion or moisturizer to them. Cynthia finds herself gently closing her eyes and smiling as she takes in a deep breath, intoxicated by the blissful aroma. The scent almost has a soothing effect on her.

 

“Okay guys, so here's what we're going to do” Claire says as she looks down on the tiny people in front of her on the floor. “I know it's going to be a lot of work for you at your size, so I already started to help you by removing the old polish. You guys can do the rest. You're going to give me a pedicure! This is going to be so much fun!”

 

The idea presented to them is extremely displeasing to everyone on the floor. Unfortunately, they know they have no choice but to comply. They have absolutely no power over Claire, and even if they try to refuse her request, they have no doubts that she would simply forcibly put them through something else, something possibly even less desirable than the current task they're being asked to perform.

 

Claire pulls a bottle of black nail polish out of the silver bucket on her right and sets it on the floor by her feet where it stands taller than not only Michael and his friends, but higher than Jim's truck as well. “I know what you're all thinking. Black? Again?” Claire laughs. “Yeah, well, it's my favorite color for my nails.” She reaches into her pocket and grasps the shrinking device. Aiming it at the bucket on her right, she fires. The bucket dwindles away in size and she then repeats the process on the bucket to her left before tucking the device back into her pocket. Claire reaches out to pick up one of the buckets between her index finger and thumb but quickly thinks better of it, stopping herself as she remembers what had happened when she went to touch the miniaturized apple downstairs. “Shrunken cars are one thing, but I better not try picking these up. So tiny... they're probably way too flimsy. I'll fill them up with nail polish and then you guys can grab them. Take all the stuff out of that one first though” she says as she points to the bucket on her left.

 

Claire reaches down and takes the bottle of nail polish in her hand, lifting it away from the group. As she unscrews the cap, Michael and the others approach the shrunken bucket and take a look inside. It's filled with paintbrushes and a couple of small paint rollers. Michael reaches in and pulls them out. He distributes them to the other men and women whom unhappily take the paint applicators into their hands. Claire carefully drips the nail polish into the bucket on her right. An incredibly small amount of the polish quickly fills the bucket which before shrinking was capable of holding between five and ten gallons of liquid. “This one's ready. Come and get it!” When no one else volunteers, Keith hesitantly makes his way over to the other side of Claire's feet to retrieve the bucket. As he does so, Claire fills the other one before screwing the cap back onto the bottle of nail polish. “I'll probably need to give you guys a refill, especially if we're doing two coats.”

 

“TWO coats?” Scott groans. “This just gets worse and worse.”

 

Keith returns to the group carrying the other bucket with him. “Uh...” begins Michael, yelling up to Claire after she's set the capped bottle of polish back down. ”So, how exactly are we supposed to do this?”

 

Claire sets her hand down on the floor next to the little people with her palm facing up. Its size and nearness causes them to take a few steps back. “Half of you, climb on.” Keith helps boost Scott, Jennifer, Cynthia, and Isaac onto the hand before grabbing the bucket of paint again and climbing up himself. Claire giggles at the passengers standing on the soft flesh of her open palm as she very carefully moves her hand towards her right foot. “Here's your stop.” The tiny people jump off her hand and onto the large expanse beneath them which is really the soft skin on the top of Claire's foot. “Be really careful, don't spill any of that on my skin. You look like you're the strong one” she says, looking at Keith as he stands still holding the bucket.” Maybe your job will be a little easier. Why don't you hold onto the polish so it doesn't spill and let these other people come and dip their brushes in and do the paining?” As ready as they'll ever be to do this job, the five little people begin walking towards the front of Claire's foot. “Try not to tickle me at all down there, little people, and I'll do my best not to twitch my foot or wiggle my toes! I don't want you guys falling off and making a mess with the nail polish.” She watches as the group approaches Keith and dips their brushes into the bucket.

 

Scott is the first to head towards her toes. He kneels down with the thick paintbrush in his hand and carefully begins applying small strokes of black polish onto the clear nail of her big toe, causing Claire to smile with joy. “I knew I was going to love this!” she thinks to herself. “Now, for the other foot...” she says out loud as her attention shifts to Michael and his group still standing on the floor to her left.

 

 

 

While Keith and his group continued to labor over the nails of the massive right foot, Claire had put Michael and the other four tiny people to work on her left. Michael any Amy knelt into the soft flesh of her foot and slid their brushes rich with bristles coated in the black polish back and forth along the giant nails of their younger neighbor. Meanwhile, Jim, Brandi, and Alexia work out of the bed of Jim's blue truck after he had been instructed to back it up and park it directly in front of the imposing toes. They stand with a bucket of the black polish in the truck's bed with them and apply the black lacquer with their own brushes, the vehicle being high enough off the ground that the men and women standing in it could easily reach the tops of Claire's toes well enough to paint them without having to stand on the surface of her foot like the others. Now beginning their second coat, Claire finds herself having to refill the tiny buckets for her little helpers. After carefully dripping polish into the first bucket as Keith held it steady from his position on her foot, she brings the bottle over to her left. “Please don't let her spill any of this shit on my truck” Jim mumbles under his breath as the enormous bottle with Claire's fingers wrapped around it comes into view above his vehicle. Remarkably, every drop of the black liquid finds its way into the bucket. Relieved, Jim gets back to work with the others.

 

On the other foot, Jennifer neatly spreads the black polish over one of Claire's nails with her brush. Out of the entire group, she is the one enjoying themselves the least right now. Rather than object, complain, and yell at the much, MUCH bigger girl, Jennifer is surprisingly able to keep calm and focus on her work. She may finally be coming to understand that the colossal toes beneath her and the equally massive young woman they belong to aren't going to be intimidated by her as long as such a size difference exists between them.

 

Smiling, Claire watches the view below from between her knees as the tiny people continue to pamper her pretty toes. She isn't sure just what it is she feels like in the moment. Royalty? No, whatever it is she's feeling, it's even more gratifying than royalty. It felt so bizarre each time the minuscule people on the tops of her feet walked or pressed their hands and knees into her skin. At times the sensation was almost tickling, but she was very careful not to react with any sort of twitch. While she thought it would be funny to watch one of the little men or women topple over and onto the floor, she was more worried about causing the bucket of polish to spill or a tiny paintbrush to accidentally touch her skin, either situation creating smudges of black on her feet that she would then have to take care of herself. “This is so exciting! You guys really are the perfect size for this” she says as she continues happily watching the view from between her knees. “You're small enough to do such a thorough and detailed job down there. There's no excuse for my nails not to look perfect when you're done, so I know that's just how they're going to. Perfect!”

 

Michael continues painting away at one of the nails, sharing the surface of Claire's left foot with his wife. He feels quite frustrated, and he knows everyone else must be feeling the same way. Their canvas is so large. It's bad enough they're being forced to conduct this tedious task, but now they're being talked down to and made to feel even smaller. This has to end soon. All of it.

 

“Claire!” Michael yells as he stands up, paintbrush still in hand. “We need to talk.”

 

“Ugh” Claire rolls her eyes and leans forward. “What now, little man?” She gently places her hand onto her left foot. Michael nervously climbs onto her waiting palm. “Everyone else, keep working. You're doing great!” She rests her back against the wall again and brings the hand that holds her shrunken neighbor closer to her face, looking him over with her beautiful blue eyes before smiling. “Well, what did you want?”

 

Michael stands in her palm and gazes into the massive face looming in front of him. It's size and nearness once again bringing nervousness to his body. “We... we need to talk, Claire.”

 

“You know, Michael... I did always think you were pretty cute. That was before you shrunk. Now... well, you don't even have any idea just how adorable you are now!” She laughs cutely.

 

Amy looks up in anger as she is forced to listen to the incredibly beautiful younger woman flirt with her husband and there is absolutely nothing she can do about it.

 

Claire looks down to her left foot and notices Amy watching her from below before returning her gaze to Michael. “Awww. I bet little Amy wishes she found you like this.” When Claire speaks her name it causes a fearful chill to surge through Amy's body and she quickly gets back to work painting the nails. “She would have thought you were so cute too! And I never would have gotten to see you like this! Oh, that would have been awful!”

 

“Claire! This is serious! We need to talk!”

 

Claire giggles at Michael standing angrily in her palm. No matter how angry he could possibly get, the sight of his tiny body in her hand would still amuse her. “Fine, Mr. Grumpy. Talk about what?”

 

“About this, about everything! Are you listening?”

 

“Yes” says Claire, again rolling her eyes.

 

“Why are we even doing this? Why are we painting your nails? They were barely starting to chip before you removed the polish you already had on them!”

 

“It's just something fun I came up with that we could all do together today. Barely starting to chip, though?” Claire smiles again. “Awww, that means you noticed. Someone's been paying attention to my pretty feet! Thanks, little man!”

 

“NOTICED?! Of course I fucking noticed! How could any of us NOT at this size with you walking around up here?!” Michael takes a few breaths, trying to calm down and get to the real reason he wanted to speak with Claire. “Anyways, this... this isn't even the point. Me, Amy, everyone else... we'd all be willing to forget everything that's happened here. We just want to put this whole thing behind us and move on. If you take the device out and change us back to normal, we won't tell anyone anything about this, I promise” says Michael, trying to reason with Claire.

 

“Awwww. You mean you little guys haven't been having fun with me?” Claire pouts.

 

“Claire, stop! This is serious! You need to change us back!” If you do, like I said, we'll put this all behind us. Get the device out and help us!”

 

“The device really is cool, Michael. If I didn't get to see it and try it out myself, I never would have believed it was real.”

 

Michael sighs, failing once again to reason with his neighbor, he decides to try a different approach. “I've been thinking, okay... this technology was almost 100% ready to be revealed to the public. If you grow us back to normal, I'll give you 50% of the credit for my work! You'll be rich! From now on, you'll live your life as a millionaire!” Claire giggles again. “That's not a joke, I mean it! Why would you not grow us back?

 

“Why would I grow you back? When would I ever get this opportunity again?”

 

“What are you talking about? What could be better than the opportunity I am giving you now? I'm telling you, you could live your life as a millionaire!”

 

“Even if I could trust you-”

 

“You can! You can trust me on this, I swear! Just change us back!”

 

“Even if I could trust you... yeah, sure... living like a millionaire might sound good to you, but you know what's even better than that? Living life like a goddess!” The little people at Claire's feet can't believe their ears. A goddess? Did this girl really just say that? Michael just stares at Claire with his jaw dropped. “At least, that's what I must seem like to you little guys down there. I'm the biggest living thing any of you have ever seen! I can get you to do anything I want, and there's nothing any of you can do to stop me. That's just the way it is. Your entire lives are in my hands. You depend on me for everything right now and you'll only survive if I allow it. Luckily for you though, I'm nice. I've been taking great care of you and none of you should be complaining about anything.” The smile on her face as she speaks makes her words even more frightening. “I don't want your money, Michael. Money can't buy what I already have. I have ten tiny people to take care of and to play with... you know we're going to have so much fun together! You were all so cute down there in my living room, I just couldn't let you go! And to you, I'm like.. well it really is like I said before, I'm like a goddess to you! Like from the stories of ancient Egypt and Greece. But lucky for you guys, it's better than that. Because I'm real! Oh, I'm still so excited about all of this! We really are going to have SOOOO much fun together!”

 

“Isaac was right” Michael thinks to himself. “She is on a power trip. And I don't see how to end it. There really is no reasoning with her now.”

 

Claire smiles at Michael before lowering her hand back down to her left foot. She watches as he jumps off of her palm before she brings it back to her body. “Finish up down there. You little guys must be almost done now! I can't wait to see my new pedicure!”

 

 

 

 

The group finishes their work though their mood is understandably gloomy. The second coat of black polish has finally been applied to Claire's nails. “WOW! Okay everyone, I know you probably want to spend more time with my pretty feet but I need you all to get off of them now.” She laughs as the tiny men and women scramble off of her soft skin and onto the wood floor below. “Gather up all the brushes and buckets and set them somewhere out of the way so I can admire my new pedicure. You might want to move that truck too.”

 

Jim gets into his vehicle and drives it back to the row of cars at the opposite wall after Brandi and Alexia climb out of the bed. He starts making the long journey back over to the other side of the attic to join the rest of the group.

 

After placing the brushes inside the buckets and setting them a good distance away, the group stands around Claire's feet. With her soles still pressed firmly into the wood floor, she begins to wiggle her toes, startling the tiny people and causing them to back away. Claire would be laughing were she not too focused on admiring her freshly painted nails. “WOW! They look amazing! Seriously, little people, you did a really great job! I love it!”

 

As she continues to admire her nails, to the dismay of everyone on the floor, she starts to fan her toes out. The large chunks of soft meat spread apart, the sight inciting fear into the men and women as they watch on. Finally finished, she presses her feet firmly into the floor again and holds her toes still while looking at the group. “You know what?! I still need to learn your names! Let's start on the left. Let's see, there's Michael and Amy, of course. But who are you? Introduce yourselves.”

 

One by one they tell Claire their names.

 

“I'm Isaac, this is Cynthia, my wife.”

 

“Cynthia. That's a pretty name. Next.”

 

“My name is Alexia... my husband is Keith.”

 

“Oh yeah, he's the 'Kewlguy.' Claire laughs. “Next.”

 

“I'm Scott... my girlfriend is J-”

 

“Jennifer! Yeah, I know her already” Claire says before a massive grin appears on her face. “Next.”

 

“My name is Brandi. My boyfriend's name is Jim”

 

“Oh yeah, so he's the one that drives the blue truck. I guess he's still not back yet from parking it. Anyways, thanks, my little helpers! I'll try my best to remember all of your names!” Claire pulls the device out of her pocket. Everyone below wishes she would just aim it at them and pull the trigger, ending their nightmare and returning them to normality. They watch with sadness as she instead aims it at the buckets containing the paintbrushes and fires. “I'm hungry!” she says as she stands up and stretches. She picks up the buckets by the handles, both of them heavier than they were when she had first brought them into the attic as they now contain an unknown measurement of nail polish that had grown with the containers when she returned them to their normal size. “I'm gonna take all this stuff downstairs and clean it up before I eat. I'll be back up here later with some supper for you!” She steps over the tiny people whom hold onto each other tightly and quiver as her massive pale wrinkled soles pass by over their heads and generate wind that blows through their hair and whips at their clothes. “Have fun!” she says before heading down the stairs and sealing them back up and into the attic.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

 

Thanks for reading! Please, don't hesitate to give me a review and let me know what you think. Getting reviews motivates me to get back to writing the next chapters.