- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Finally we meet the girls

Tom and Dan walked back to the room in silence. Dan was lost in his thoughts as he tried to imagine what his roommates would be like. The girls at the orientation were so overwhelmingly huge, and that was from a distance. Dan was terrified of how his first interactions with the girls would play out. Tom, meanwhile, was silent because he could see the trepidation in Dan's eyes, and knew him talking about it would only upset Dan more.

         As they got to room 113, Tom and Dan shared a silent good-bye, Tom's friendly grin never leaving his face. Tom's happiness was enough to ease Dan's nerves, but not completely get rid of them. Dan stood outside the door for a little while, watching Tom walk away. Then, after taking a deep breath, he opened the door and walked inside. Dan was so focused on his fears of his female roommates, he didn’t even consider the possibility of a male one, so he was caught off guard, to say the least, by the tall figure standing in the main room.

 

         The person was a few inches (relative to the shrunken scale) taller than Dan, with sandy blond hair and blue eyes. He had an athletic build, with broad shoulders and thick arms, and he radiated confidence. He was the complete opposite of Dan. At the sound of the door opening, he turned and looked at Dan, a warm smile one his face.

 

         “Hey,” he said, his voice smooth and deep. “You must be my roommate. I’m Alex.” He held out his hand for Dan to shake. Dan stared at it for a few seconds, forgetting how to act with people his own size after thinking so much about the girls. After it finally registered in his head that Alex wanted to shake his hand, he complied.

 

         “H-Hey,” he said, inwardly cursing himself for his nervousness. “My names Dan. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

 

         “The pleasures all mine,” Alex said with a chuckle. “So what settlement are you from?”

 

         “Rottersdale. What about you?”

 

         “Sheffield myself.”

 

         “That’s cool.”

 

         An awkward silence passed, as neither of the men knew what to talk to the other about, having little to nothing in common in terms of upbringing. Each settlement was rather isolated from the other. Travel was difficult for those of their small stature, and thus no one really went from one to another. There was no television or radio for the shrunken people, so the mayors of each settlement were really the only sources of information about what happened at the others. Dan and Alex had been as separated from each other as men and woman had been.

 

         “What did you think of the orientation,” Alex asked, finally finding a way to end the silence.

 

         “Huh,” Dan said, snapping out of his thoughts quickly. “Oh. It was… interesting I guess. It all went bye rather quickly.”

 

         “Ya,” Alex nodded. “The big reveal was so sudden though, and all those girls looking at us like we were items on display. It was rather overwhelming.”

 

         “I’m glad I’m not the only one who thoughts so. It got me nervous as to who our roommates would be.” Dan then realized how hungry he was, having not eaten since leaving Rottersdale. He walked to the kitchen to grab some food. “You hungry,” he asked over his shoulder.

 

         “Starving,” Alex said, and began to follow him to the kitchen. Dan opened the fridge, and found it surprisingly well stocked. He began to prepare a nice lunch consisting of an assorted fruit salad and some slices of meat (which were more than enough to feed people their size). Him and Alex sat at the table and began digging in. The meal started a conversation between the two of them about what food they had in their settlements, then led to a full on analysis of the different social structures of the settlements. As the last of the meal was consumed, Dan and Alex had already begun to feel much better acquainted.

 

         Whilst they were cleaning their dishes, a bell chimed throughout their home, and a green light began flashing above the door leading to the girl’s room. Confused, Dan and Alex shared a look, before Alex, being the more confident of the two, went to investigate. Dan followed nervously at his heels. Once they got close to the door, they noticed two buttons on the right side of it. One of the buttons was red and labeled “Busy”. The other was green and labeled “Available”.

 

         “Oh,” Alex said. “This must be the system they made in order for us to know when we can and cannot go into the girls room. I guess that means they’re calling us out.”

 

         Dan swallowed nervously. “I-I guess so,” he stuttered.

 

         Alex glanced at him, understanding in his eyes. “If you want I could go first and then introduce you once we’ve already warmed up to each other,” he said, placing a reassuring hand on Dan’s shoulder.

 

         “Thanks man,” Dan said. “But if I put this off in any way, it will only be harder later on. I need to overcome this here and now.”

 

         Alex nodded approvingly, feeling a deeper respect for his newfound friend for facing his fears like that. Dan also held more respect for Alex, after seeing how considerate he could be. After sharing a nod, Alex pressed the green button, then opened the door. The two walked out together.

 

         As Dan entered the girls room, the first thing he noticed was how much more plain the room was compared to theirs. There was a simple living room, with a few couches and a T.V, and a plain kitchen. It was far less extravagant than their massive room. After noticing that, Dan’s eyes became fixated on another thing, or rather three other things.

 

         Towering over him and Alex were three of the most beautiful girls he had ever seen. Maybe they were only beautiful to him because they were the first girls he’d seen in two years, or maybe they were legitimately angelic, but either way they were breathtaking.

 

         The girl to the right of Dan had long, beautiful black hair framing her face. She had light blue eyes, a small nose and luscious, red lips, which were shaped into a shy smile. She wore a white tank top that showed off her rather large breast, and tight jeans that hugged her well toned legs. She waved shyly at him as she noticed his gaze.

 

         The girl in the middle was taller than the other two by quite a bit. She had brown hair, which was pulled back into a ponytail behind her head. Her face was more similar to that of a woman than of a teenager, with a narrow jaw structure, brown eyes and a relatively small mouth. She was wearing a bright green T-shirt, which contained some of the biggest breast Dan had ever seen, and some black shorts which showed off her rather long legs. She was studying Dan and Alex with the look of someone who is deciding who to pick for their team, with very little joy reflected in her face.

 

         The last girl had wavy, blond hair that ran down to her chest. She had a childlike complexion, with a slightly pudgy nose, a goofy grin and green eyes that reflected a friendly spirit. She was wearing a pink top, with relatively small breast, and jeggings, which showed off her large hips quite nicely. She was looking at them like a child would look at toys that she had just received, with a very playful air.

 

         For the first few minutes, neither the boys nor the girls seemed capable of speaking. They just simply stared at each other awkwardly, finally being able to take in the size difference. Every now and again someone would open their mouth to speak, yet no one ever did, for what was there to say? And so the silence stretched on for what felt like hours to them. Finally, unable to deal with it any longer, Alex waived at the girls.

 

         “H-hey,” he said rather loudly, forgetting about the microphone he’d been given. The girls winced in response to his amplified voice. “Oh. I’m so sorry. I just…. The mic is new…” Alex took a deep breath to compose himself, then spoke up again. “My name is Alex. It’s good to meet you guys.”

 

         “Hey Alex,” the brunette said. “I’m Lindsey, and it’s nice to meet you too.”

 

         “I’m Alexia,” the blonde girl said. “But you can call me Lexy.” She held out a finger for Alex to shake, and when he did she let out a high-pitched squeal. “Oh my G-d, you’re so tiny and cute,” she said quickly, then burst into a fit of giggling whilst covering her mouth with her hand.

 

         “”I’m Kate,” the black haired girl said quietly, looking down at her feet whilst pivoting her foot around shyly. The girls then finally seemed to remember Dan, and all of them looked at him expectantly.

 

         “Umm,” Dan mumbled, feeling extremely overwhelmed. Then, after berating himself in his head for letting the shyness get the best of him once again, he spoke up. “M-my names Dan, and it’s nice to meet you all.” At the sight of his nervousness, Lexy squealed once again.

 

         “You guys are adorable,” she said, whilst reaching her hand out for Dan. Taken aback, Dan stumbled backwards and reached into his back pocket to grab the shocking device. However, before Lexy could grab him, Lindsey’s hand grabbed hers.

 

         “Wait Lexy,” she chastised. “You need to remember the rules before you go off on a whim like that.”

 

         Lexy looked down just as a child who had been scolded would. “Sorry,” she mumbled to her feet. Then she looked expectantly at Dan. “May I pick you up,” she asked. Dan hesitated and started to think of an excuse, but when she noticed this, Lexy began pouting and looking at him like she was about to cry. This was a girl who knew how to get what she wants.

 

         Dan mumbled his consent, and within a flash her hand was next to him, palm upward, beckoning him to climb on. This was his first up close experience with a gril in two years, and the size of her hand was ridiculous. Dan cautiously climbed on, then sat down, easily fitting in the palm of her hand.

 

         Lexy then quickly raised her hand to her face level, which made Dan’s stomach plummet. When he was at eye level, she stopped suddenly, making him fly a few extra feet in the air. When Dan fell on his side, she cooed like someone who just saw a puppy do a trick.

 

         “I’m sorry little fella,” she said in a playful voice. “I didn’t mean to scare ya.” She then brought Dan close to her luscious, pink lips and gave him a quick peck on his side. “Did I make the boo-boo better,” she asked playfully, winking at Dan. Dan however, was in another world, put there by the warm embrace of her pillow-like lips on his side and the warmth og her sweet breath washing over him. Nothing had ever felt more comfortable to Dan, and it had only lasted a quick second.

 

         Lindsey, oblivious to what was happening to the other man, had already picked up Alex and started talking. Then she turned to address everyone. “So,” she said. “Now what?”

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please, leave your feedback in the review section. I am a new author and need any constructive criticisms you may offer.