- Text Size +

Jim sat there, reading his book as he always did. His mom was away on a business trip for the weekend and his sister was in her room, doing whatever. He didn't particularly care what she was up to, so long as she was away from him. He had intimidated her to go to her room, but he thought nothing of it. It was just the brother-sister relationship. He heard footsteps coming down and he instantly felt agitated. "Taylor, go upstairs!" he yelled without considering her intentions.

He then saw her face as she descended the steps. Her bright, blond hair and round face, enveloped in the brightness that always seemed to surround her. She was normally a sweet girl, but when it came to Jim she was often anything but. "But I'm huuuuuungry," she screamed from the stairs coming down. He shrugged, she was going to have to eat, he couldn't keep her from that.

"Whatever, pour your meal then go. You know I can't put up with you being down here." His voice had the normal mix of apathy and anger that came when talking to his sister. He knew that she would try to push his buttons while down here, but he just tried to let it go.

"I just want to spend time with my sweet brother," she cooed as she poured her plate. She went back over and moved his book down during a quick detour from her food.

"Taylor, what the hell," he yelled, "I'm trying to read, get your food and go." Her face instantly shaped into gilded disappointment. She knew he would react this way but it always served as an easy way to mess with him, push his buttons then act innocent. She always knew to do that quick. Still, the look on his face made her realize how short temepred he was at that moment. She got her plate and went upstairs, blowing a kiss from the top.

Jim sighed as he grabbed his book again. He knew that she could be a pain at times, but at least she had been trying to limit it. He poured himself a glass of water then he took a drink, just as he got to the climax in his book. As the excitement of the story took him in, he began to feel very dizzy. He felt worried as he looked around, all of a sudden he felt very sick and he could barely breath. Right as he started to feel a bit better, he completely blacked out.


He awoke, what felt like seconds later, in a much different place than he was. The roof and walls had looked the same, but the room was much larger. He looked around and felt complete trauma overtake him as the realization hit - he was in the same room, but only at 10 inches tall! Right as the impact of what this meant hit him, he heard the sound hit. From across the room on the steps, the shakes began and the sound waves overcame the room.

"Oh dear big brother, I'm just coming down to get some water, please don't step on me over it!"

Chapter End Notes:

Any suggestions for a new GTS author?