- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is my first story and I already finished but it's posted at fictionpress.com just search for the author snowydusk. Also I have no idea what this site means about category and genres, so bare with me.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Got one review so here's a chapter. Enjoy. By the, I'm not naming the chapters because I suck at names, matter a fact, go to a translator, type in Para's name, then laugh at the results. That's what I get for taking French.
Para woke on her bed, in her room. She went to the book shelf, pick out a book, and started reading.

She was reading chapter seven when she heard footsteps coming from the hall. 'Must be my lunch.' She stalked up to the door, oddly enough, on all fours. She sat in front of the door, waiting.

When the door opened, something surprised her, two some things matter of fact. Para noticed her lunch, but what surprised her was that her dad was holding it, the same dad that turned her into an experiment. Her dad held a chain in his left hand, what was on the other end, she didn't know, her sense couldn't get past the lunch in her dad's right hand.

"Here's your lunch Para," he put the tray of food on the floor, for Para to eat. "I also brought you a friend." He pulled the chain, and a strange creature was on the end of it.

The creature before Para looked like what she thought was a wolf, but with some differences. It had a long furry mane, long fur on its elbows, and its tail. The long fur had blood red roots that fade to pitch black. The rest of the fur was an ashy gray. The ears were odd too. They were in the shape of a bent triangle, and it looked as if there was no ear hole. The snout looked twice as long as a wolf's, but the eyes were nothing but White pools.

The wolf thing had a metal collar that was attached to the chain. It also had a muzzle on to make sure it didn't bite anyone on the way there. When Para looked into the creatures eyes, even though they were pure white, she saw sadness and loneliness. She wanted to help this creature.

"This is a shagle. It's a new experiment, and since we're running out of room, it will be staying with you till we can find a place to put it." Para's dad throws the chain and the shagle went inside, with its tail in between its legs.

Para thought the shagle would be more comfortable without the collar and muzzle, so she reached behind its head to undo the muzzle. Once the muzzle was off, the shagle opened its mouth, to get use to not having a muzzle on. The shagle smiled, as if were human, and licked Para's cheek.

Next was the collar, which needed a key to unlock, so that didn't help at all. Instead of picking the lock with her claws, because she didn't know how, she just used brute force. From the experiments and tests, she was stronger than the average human. She broke the collar in two.

Almost at once, the shagle put its head on Para's lap. At first Para was surprised, but after a brief moment she started petting it.

"Well, I guess I have to name you that is if we're roommates now. Now, are you a boy or a girl?" The shagle just wagged its tail, and started to make an odd noise from its chest. "Are you a boy?" It just growled at the question. "Are you a girl?" It started making that odd noise again from its chest. "I'll take that as a yes. Now lets a name." Para started thinking of a name for this creature.

"How about I name you Fluffy?" The female shagle growled. 'So, a growl means no, an odd noise means yes.' "Do you like Violet?" The shagle just growled. "Well, I'll think of a name some other time, I'm still tired from today."

After Para finished her lunch, she gave the leftovers to the shagle and went to her bed. She noticed the shagle followed, but tried to stay in Para's shadow. "How about I name you Shadow?" The shagle started making that odd noise. "Okay, Shadow it is. Now let's get to bed."

Para got into bed, Shadow following. Once Para was under her covers, Shadow put her head next to Para's belly and started make that odd noise. The noise made Para feel less alone, a she liked it that way. 'I'll always be with you Shadow.'
Chapter End Notes:
Four in the morning, my allergies are acting up because my dog wanted to cuddle with, he won't stop whining to be with his mate, and why am I watching 'the thirteen year'? Well hopefully my allergies won't make suffocate to death.