- Text Size +

Genetics.


How does life evolve ?, the unknown path leading to its outcome  are all mutations deleterious  to their carriers, the different ways each cell mutates changing ..Adapting it to reach a point where survival is all that matters, the gene pool kept intact the goal only to live using other creatures in different stages of evolution to feed its appetite for survival physical changes resulting a new evolutionary path.


Chapter one.



A mist hung over the valley clinging to it with icy fingers, hiding away what lived below, the hunter and the prey vying for the advantage to go on another day. a rabbit scurried along a hedgerow its ears tuned into its surroundings listening for danger, a seasoned combatant in the daily struggle for life. The air was still it chewed away at the lush green grass the moisture clinging to it refreshing the large doe, she was strong and healthy more than a match in game of chase against the Olympians out for a taste of her flesh.

Not this day! Hiding away unseen laying in wait was a new enemy never seen before, shrouded in mystery a relic of a bygone age, an enigma still in its infancy incomplete.

Her nose twitched tasting the air the scent of death nearby, she froze on the spot the dog fox moved closer muscles tensed ready for flight, nothing! She crouched down low to the ground waiting silently, listening intently her life now in the balance.

 Another odour much stronger more potent now over whelmed her, the long grass shook to her left a whimper of fear rang out, helpless to stop its fate. She ran for the hedgerow seeking the cover of thorns, silence now filled the void.

The air was still she relaxed the scent was every where it clung to her fur, she sat up looking for its source fear held no boundary she felt alive and safe from harm she scurried out from her haven, there before her lay the fox, its head allowed to take breath, eyes bulging. The body covered in a transparent bag, pulsating slowly the fur already stripped away revealing the pink skin below. Digestion already begun, the victim allowed to live whilst it fed. The doe sat beside it watching as if aware? Intelligence given as a gift for a short time to allow nature to proceed, the hours passed by slowly the fox’s suffering prolonged time needed to dissolve the flesh and bone. She ejaculated her sexual fluids  over the strange thing before her watching intently the sticky discharge sank into the fleshy skin.

The link between three species made adding to the cocktail of DNA already present, it released its hold on the doe she was ready to mate her scent stronger than any other, its purpose served her freedom the reward. She turned a knowing look in her eyes before running for the safety of her warren.

Flat grass where a fox once lay, darkness closed in hiding away the evidence of a spent life.

The invisible thing that now existed flowed as water between the foliage, intelligence and a desire to flourish into its true form the goal, sexual pheromones teased the unwary. It grew stronger with each meal a new set of tools acquired each time with the cocktail of strings of the building blocks of nature.

Time passed by slowly allowing maturity and knowledge to flourish, mixtures of chemicals do battle inside its being. With each meal the molecules are unzipped the hydrogen bonds broken between the base pairings laying bare the building blocks of nature, each new nucleotide interacting, changing its form nature’s power unleashed.

It had a purpose now a goal it was time to leave the wilderness and seek out new sources of nourishment to absorb, new DNA strings needed to allow it to fulfil its purpose.


Lisa wandered aimlessly in the dimly lit streets her will broken her body in torment, her face showing the strains of her ordeal. She felt dirty her youth stolen away by her captors, a sexual toy no respect given no love or kindness, only pain and suffering. Her clothes smelt of urine and sperm from her tormentors, she was sore below blood staining her soiled under wear from the forced entries to her most precious secret.

Empty eyes stared out at the world the hatred for man burned into her soul, she hid in the shadows ashamed of what had come to pass. Sleep grabbed her taking her away from the pain and sorrow.


Night time came in earnest the darkest shadows blackened by its power, she shivered in her slumber unaware of the thing now watching her, studying her, it moved silently along the ground clinging to the cold concrete. no obstacle a barrier, it  moved closer washing over her outstretched legs, clinging to her skin it stuck to  her body covering her in a transparent layer she was large to big for its own mass to cover therefore a thin veil was all that was possible. A different kind of creature born of nature a changeling with the face of an angel in its infancy waiting to be discovered

.

Lisa stirred she could feel the warm glow now covering her she shimmered in the blackness, darkness held no secrets any more. Two soon to become one, a new entity forged from nature, an alien being with human DNA entwined around every strand, every nucleotide serving a purpose a new life form with a dark secret. It slept huddled away in the darkness hidden from prying eyes the transformation entering its final stage of development a new born once again. 

Time needed to complete the complicated interaction a boiling cocktail of flesh and bone constantly changing, Lisa’s body visible within the transparent slime every blood vessel and cell mutating morphing into a new entity, a butterfly hidden away in its chrysalis waiting to be born.

Two green orbs staring out at the world outside waiting to escape its prison a new life form derived from a woman’s DNA a complex creature filled with emotions. Memories of a past now part of a future bonded by nature, an interaction of complex stories from all that had been consumed and all that had come to pass in a young girls short lifetime.

To a casual passer  by it looked like a gooey mess in a dark corner, it was made of equal parts not human or alien being but a combination of both mixed together mingling adjoining with all the other strains of DNA from the shapeless creatures past. A slow process spanning days before complete time needed to allow it to grow in stature and wisdom, many new skills needed to help it blend in hidden behind its camouflage a place to hide needed to allow nature to finish what it had begun.

It waited until the blackness once again crept into every orifice stealing away the light of day. It stretched out its limbs red liquid pushed along the road ways feeding it, warming this body, a cold breeze teased the skin new sensations not known now being discovered for the first time, a new born to  this world. Lisa shivered her clothes felt clammy against her nakedness, every sinew felt her heart beating deep inside her chest pounded against her rib cage the fluids felt surging through her veins. She looked around disorientated her head ached the foul taste in her mouth became to much, she leaned forward emptying the contents of her stomach onto the cold concrete. It smelt strange this multicoloured pool of waste she stared at it the wispy clouds rising up from the warm goo,it turned a dark green bubbles rose up from below the surface the ground beneath it sunk as the pool of sick boiled away until only a deep depression remained.

Lisa’s stared at it her brain trying to make sense of what had just happened, her heart raced the fear rose inside her she tried to stand but her legs refused to cooperate. tears welled up behind her eyes nothing made sense to her any more and yet she knew that there was nothing to fear, no one no thing born to this earth could hurt her. She crawled on all fours towards the wooden door to her left, frantic hands pushed against the aged wood panels, she could feel the texture the deep furrows running up its length. Every sinewy grain sent messages to her brain for it to decipher the knowledge of origin and a spent life now hers alone to ponder over.

Her flesh dissolved soaking in between every crease and crevice of the weathered doors exterior until nothing remained outside. It smelt musky and damp on the doors interior, unlived in, she scurried across the floor keeping close to the damaged walls every sense tuned into her surroundings gathering information building a picture in four dimensions of the vast expanse of floor space laid out before her. The blackness no boundary effortlessly she moved between the rooms up stair wells until a safe haven had been found, she settled in a deep corner it was safe here her form protected on four sides the narrow opening in front of her the only way in, she curled up into a tight ball and drifted of to sleep.

Time had no meaning it drifted by unnoticed her body in flux floating in a sea of hormones the dark corner no longer visible, the fluids discharged from her body covered the entrance a hard crust covering everything within 2 metres of her resting place, she dreamt of hot summers and a loving family safe in her inner sanctum.  Minutes turned to hours, hours into days the entire room now coated in the hard translucent crust. The derelict building waiting to be discovered once again, new life needed to rejuvenate the cold structure.   
      




CHAPTER TWO



Mathew pulled hard against the rotten doors planks with the crowbar, it creaked stubbornly the old frame fighting back depriving them of entry to its interior.  He swore cursing its futile attempt at resisting the inevitable, the frame broke the lock fell to one side allowing them in. He looked around making sure no one had heard Johns amateurish attempt at a break in. The three youths scurried inside closing the door as best they could behind them. It smelt musky inside the beams of light streaming in from the broken panes of glass, dust visible dancing in the streams of light. It was hard to see in the dim light Ian shone his torch the single beam of light revealing the dark corners of the room.


In the corner was a large wooden bookcase covered in cobwebs he beckoned the  others to follow  him, the books that were left fell apart when they picked them up aged and worn no longer a book just a pile of musky paper. Each had their own interests in the building, inquisitive minds soon came out to play, Ian went into the next room leaving the others to explore the room to his left ,the light was brighter here so his progress was quicker he soon became embroiled in the buildings history, He had passed through many doors the stair well to the upper floor held no fear.

The smell of fertile bodies filled the air the scent easily recognised as the male of the species, the dark corner no longer needed.

Ian’s nose twitched the pungent smell invaded his senses the aroma strong captivating he was drawn towards it, the room was small in the corner was an old rocking chair, it moved back and forth he stared at it. He looked around it was hard to see in the poor light his eyes struggling to adjust  to the surroundings.     Nothing no sound only his heart beating wildly inside his chest, the door closed behind him he turned to run panic now taking over the adrenalin pumped through his body giving him strength, he pulled hard at the door unaware of the pressure being exerted against it preventing his exit.

He called out to his friends for help trying to sound brave even though his heart was filled with dread, nothing his words nulled by the interior. He sank down onto his knees tears welled up behind his eyes he called out for his mother in despair. He looked around, there was  some thing here with him his eyes strained in the dim light to see what was  hiding in the shadows. He called out to it the fear evident in his voice but no one answered he tried to crawled towards the chair in the corner but something pulled on his feet he looked back two eyes peered at him his screams rang out swallowed by the buildings walls.            
 
His skin tingled the hairs standing on end sending messages to his brain he tried to crawl away the invisible entity attached to his legs preventing his escape. He struggled thrashing about on the cold stone floor this only aided his passage into the wet interior ,he screamed out in pain teeth now scraped against skin drawing blood. the sound of slurping filled his ear drums a guttural moan  of pleasure emanating from below, he punched at the thing in the darkness. He cried uncontrollably he screamed out the excruciating pain felt in his legs the reason, the sound of bones being masticated just audible above the noise he passed out due to the  pain .


Darkness poked at his eye balls the searing pain felt in every sinew his vision blurred the sound of flesh and bone being eaten filled his ear drums.” You taste real good you know” he screamed out to the girl  in despair. But she continued eating his flesh tearing the meat from bone the crunching and gnawing at the marrow tormenting him, he tried to crawl away dragging the bloodied stumps across the floor. A laugh rang out piercing it punctured his ear drums blood trickled down his neck she was all over him tearing at his flesh the claws easily stripping flesh from bone a blur of activity minutes passed by.

 
Senses tingled movement nearby a door now open to danger of discovery it moved quickly doors no barrier the liquid from her body run between the door frame solidifying  on contact. the room a sealed larder now filled with the living flesh, fresh meat for the taking she giggled.

Silence anxious fists hammered away at the aged wood her fluids binding the rotten planks together they moved away to check the other rooms, the hole in a  small opening between the planks all that was needed invisible to the eye a master at disguise they moved onto the next room they all looked the same another two doors to open hidden behind more darkness waiting to be explored, the boys now unsure of themselves moved cautiously towards the broken door they peered inside it was gloomy but there eyes soon adjusted to the surroundings ’the cold building creaked and moaned mocking them, John was the first to enter the wooden fragment held out he waved it about wildly, his attempt at gaining some courage from his actions. The boys did not notice the mist now making itself known, it clung to the walls and floor boards a blanket hiding the room from sight. They looked at each other nervously calling to there friend in hushed voices, the wooden floor beneath their feet gave way, Andrew’s body fell through up to his waist legs dangled below, he tried to move his body stuck fast the hole started to close around him from below the clear glue now seeping into the cracks preventing his escape,
 Paul pulled with every ounce of strength is friends body stuck fast where he fell, Andrew screamed at him to help him. The mist thickened the guttural sound sent fear racing down their spines Paul looked around anxiously some thing moving in the shadows, he called hoping it was his friend playing a cruel joke he held onto Andrews hand huddling close to him safety in numbers maybe. the room creaked and groaned at them, something grabbed his leg it held fast its grip tightened against his flesh. he cried out the pressure pushed his flesh from bone Andrew held onto him but the invisible vice pulled his friends body dragging him across the floor, he screamed out to him.

The task was over an opportunity not to be missed a hunger in need of sustenance, intelligence a tool needed to put guile and cunning to good use for it to remain hidden.
A stocked larder of living flesh waiting to be consumed pain and sorrow for the innocent victims now in her possession.
Paul woke up in another room the light streamed through the dusty panes of glass, the girl sat cross legged in front of him. She smiled her long blonde hair shimmered in the suns rays, she was naked he stared at her his penis reacting the air filled with invisible pheromones his sexual urges came to he surface. She lifted her head her eyes the deepest green he had ever seen her scent filled his nostrils creeping under his skin touching every sinew invading his brain stealing his thoughts. His eyes burned the dreams tugged at his lids invading his brain filling his thoughts with happy memories locking his mind away from the pain now taking control of his body. His clothes withered falling away from his flesh an eager tongue tasting the bare skin stripping it away like sand paper the red flesh beneath juicy and tender he wept, unaware an eager mouth now in control her gape opened wide pulling at his feet red lips sucked on the flesh. Pulling the helpless youth inside teeth aiding its passage into her throat she was capable and hungry it was a slow process time taken as she gorged on the living, pausing only to allow air into her lungs his body slowly sucked deeper into her stomach the legs already inside her body elongated like a snake he cried helpless  unable to prevent his passage into her gape. digestion soon to follow, she pulled more of it inside her mouth, Paul’s body shook he was aware of his passage into her perspiration covered his skin fear in his eyes helpless to prevent the horror. He stared  terror in his eyes the world outside soon to be no more eager lips now wrapped around the screaming body darkness soon to follow a slow painful death now his alone to witness. 

Moist lips brushed against his nakedness sharp teeth dragging him further into her throat tears of pain run down his cheeks his whimpers barely audible to her, eating him her only thought. Hours passed by unnoticed she lay on the floor her stomach now full of Paul’s body his sobbing muffled by her nakedness he struggled to escape the flesh now surrounding him her body stretched out along the floor to accommodate the meal now trapped within, slow digestion already started the acidic fluids stripping flesh from bone, an agonising death with no escape from the evil now in control.

She slept her meal pushing against her muscular stomach trying to escape the agony of its fate. her bowels ached the waste needed to be expelled to allow the digestion to continue.

An appetite still not under control another life to be gorged upon one left for another meal  Andrews screams echoed around the empty room. Soon his fate would be sealed inside her being another thing to be digested so she could go on. First defecation needed a new experience in part but not unknown to her,  memories intact this bodily function needed to keep her healthy.
She lifted the lower half of her elongated torso until in a squat position her undulating belly still showing signs of the life inside slow digestion to break down the nutrients from Paul’s body. Her urine sprayed from her onto the dusty floor filling the cracks between the floor boards the pungent liquid finding its way into every crevice a pool forming below her curvy bum, she sighed the uncomfortable bloated feeling now easing , the pressure in her abdomen relieved at last, she bore down pushing the remains of her meals out of her body the smell filled the air, sweat and body odours filled her senses she recognised the particles from her first encounters with the unfortunate meals now being digested inside her body. one more soon to join the others. She felt uncomfortable her victim still had life left in it the futile struggled to live irritating the walls of her stomach the dull ache made her feel unwell, digestion needed to be quicker her stomach acids increased to break down the living flesh as it struggled deep inside her body the last breaths leaving its body, the soup of partially digested matter already making its way through her body to be broken down further until only waste material remained ready to be discarded.

Andrew strived to break free from the broken floor boards the sticky material surrounding his lower half clung to his skin he cried desperation and fear of the unknown filled his heart with pain. Hours had passed sleep taking a hold uncomfortable as it was it gave him some freedom to dream of a better place. She helped him invading his mind allowing past memories to rise to the surface solace given whilst she gorged on his limb from below until only the torso remained to be eaten, sharp teeth tugged at it pulling it through the hole skin tore as Andrew was slowly dragged from below an eager mouth now wrapped around him. Her body once again in an elastic state to allow the large piece of food to pass down her gullet into her stomach. He woke up screaming aware now of the invisible thing dragging his broken remains further into the hole, his body wracked with pain he screamed out his voice echoing around the empty room frantic hands grabbing at the floor boards to stop his descent into the unknown. Lisa’s feet were pressed against the wall above the door her body stretched across the ceiling Andrews torso filled her gape, she pulled at it with her hands tearing flesh in her eagerness to feed, once free from the hole he was able to witness his own death the terror written in his eyes, the green orbs showing no emotion for his plight. Lisa’s mouth now full of the screaming youths head the body already deep inside her own. Silence except for the rumbling in her stomach as digestion once again starts in earnest.                         


Another body  to be used before the waste is discarded bits of a life now passed over, time taken to gorge on the flesh the taste of meat a delicacy to be savoured a woman still to the eye mixed with the gene pool of other beings. Time to leave this refuge and find its place in this world, memories  flooding back from a bygone age  dreams of a past life replayed in detail every moment now hers to recollect at will. Man soon to suffer the rage burning inside her being, she faded into the shadows, a chameleon her hunger sated time her play ground.



The loved ones left with the pain of the lost souls no longer dwelling amongst them, the detectives questions ringing in their ears, no bodies yet found the clues scant three missing was unusual to Him maybe it was  gang related?, he went back over the last sightings of the three teenagers.                                        one was known to them, Trouble with a capital T. Paul’s criminal record involving known gang members in the area, a turf war waged amongst the drug dealers, he was not surprised that his name had surfaced in this way. If you deal in death soon it will come knocking your door to claim back your soul ready to send it into the dark pit below, but what connection was there with the other lads they seemed on paper to be decent, good upbringing educated loving families supporting them, what was the connection with Paul. Grayson. The investigation ongoing his work load to much for one detective to cope with, he gave it as much time as time would allow, every lead ending in a dark alley with no answers.

The contractors metal monsters tore at the buildings skeletal remains the rooms piled up in large heaps of broken stonework and rotting floor boards the scar on the landscape now removed making way for modern living to claim its place.
History buried amongst the past memories of times gone by a new page in the book of life waiting to written by the unwary inhabitants soon to dwell in the new structure already a reality in the eyes of the dreamer.

To be continued…..                     
 

Chapter End Notes:

More is not enough xxxx