- Text Size +

I do the craziest thing and turn around, not knowing what or rather who I’m gunna meet. I see a colossal chair, same size as the door and I believe the source of what’s been whispering in my head. There in front of me, lies a colossal woman with long violet colored hair, caramel skin, and big black and white robes that reach to the ground.

“My-My look who has solved my riddles!” she says.

“Who are you exactly?” I ask

“My name is zanespa, I am the being that you have heard in legends” she replies

“So, w-wouldn’t that mean you’re a god?”

She looks at me with a dumb look, “Yes it does. I’m a god and since you have passed my tests I shall reward you with something” she says and smiles

I gulp, “W-What reward would that be?” I ask as my knees started to give.

“Well…since you’re the only one in centuries who have passed the test, I see fit it’s only fair to give you the powers you ancestor had.”

I look at her with a quizzical expression, “My ancestor?” I ask.

“Yes, apparently he was in the same position you are in now, and seeked me out. When he found the tunnel he passed the tests and I gave him a power that will change a person’s life. No more boredom, no more of the same thing each day, the power I passed on to your ancestor, your mother and father, is now yours. I can only hope you use it well…”

Before I could ask about my parents, something enveloped me and I felt as if I was in a warm blanket. Then a bright flash appeared and I blacked out.

When I was in my dream-like state I saw that lady again, but this time she had someone with her. She was talking to me but it was very hard to decipher, and what I could make out didn’t make sense. I gave up and started to lose consciousness again…

When I woke up I was outside in the night, in front of the park when it started to rain. ‘Was it all a dream? Was what happened all a dream?’ I asked myself. Deciding not to be in the rain for too long I got up and ran home, the house wasn’t that far and I needed to get dry. When I got to my house I knocked on the door and Anna answers, I ask her where mom is and she tells me that mom had to go on a business trip and won’t be back for awhile.

‘What? Mom left for a business trip? But that can’t be, she just got off so she can look after me, something isn’t adding up…’

I walk over and sit on the couch, “Hey Anna, can you get me a glass of water?”

“Sure thing Reggie, be right back.”

As she leaves the room I start to feel that warm sensation again, my whole body tingles and feels bubbly inside. I don’t know what to do and out of panic I yell Anna’s name, hoping she would help me, and I black out.

In my dreamy state I’m in a white blank space, “Ok this is getting old” I say aloud.

“Reggie, you have passed through the gate… Now like I said in time you will learn…” the women I saw before said and everything around me goes into darkness.

When I start to recover, I feel like I’m in a warm and safe place. I can’t see too much but I’m pretty sure I’m moving and the ground feels squishy. After awhile the moving ceased and light came in on my dark place. Above me I saw my sister face, only it was huge! What in the world is going on here?!

“I suppose you want to know what happened right?” she asked

“Yes please” I responded but then thought of something.

“Wait, you can hear me?” I asked

“Yep”

“And one last thing before you start, are you whispering?”

“No, but I can if you want me to” she replied

“No, I-I’m ok, you can continue”

Then she started, “Well… you asked me for the glass of water so I went to go get some, next thing I know is that you are screaming my name so I dropped the glass out of shock and ran to see what was wrong. When I got there you were unconscious, and you started to shrink! Right before my eyes! Your clothes didn’t shrink with you though…”

I looked down at my nude form and felt embarrassed. I tried to cover up but there was no point, seeing how nothing could cover me.

“Ahem” she said annoyed being interrupted.

“Like I was saying, your clothes didn’t shrink but you did to about 4 inches or so, and seeing how you were already asleep I put you in my pocket, cleaned the mess up and got your clothes, then relaxed for abit. You must have woke up when I was going upstairs to my room.” She finished.

Me, dazzled and taking this all in felt a hint of excitement, but scared at the same time.

“You wouldn’t hurt me or make me do anything I wouldn’t want to right?” I asked, hoping she would give the answer I want.

“Of course I wouldn’t! You’re my brother and I love you, you just got to tell me what you’re comfortable with, ok?” she told me, which made me happier than ever.

“Ok sis, I will.”

She got up which made me lurch forward, giving me a face full of flesh and sat me down on her work pillow. She had a serious look on her face that meant she was kidding, and you would really regret seeing that look too.

“Ok, I’m setting some ground rules”

“Alright, what are they?” I asked, my heart racing

“First, you can’t leave my room without my permission. Second, you are allowed to go anywhere or ask anything. Third, you will eat what I eat, and go to sleep when I tell you to. Fourth, no showing yourself to Maya, because you know how playful she is. If you are found act like a doll as best you can and wait till I get home. Are we clear on all the rules?” she asked

“ I do have a couple questions”

“Shoot” she told me

“Why do I have to eat what you eat? And go to sleep when u tell me?”

“Because it’s for your own good and, because I said so.”

I thought about going against her word but I won’t. She is protecting me and I couldn’t ask for anyone better.

“Ok, I got it” I told her with a smile

“Good” she says and looks at the clock

“Oh my goodness its 10:00 and we got to go to school tomorrow! It’s time for bed.”  She explains

Without another word she puts on her pajama’s and climbs in bed. She pulls up the covers and puts her head next to me.

“Would you like to sleep there?” she asks

“Y-Yes, here should be just fine” I tell her

She gets up to turn off the lights and gets back in bed and falls asleep, I soon to fall asleep with my little, big sister.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Reggie now starts his new life, what will happen now that the tables have turned?