- Text Size +

When I wake up I feel like I’m in a warm place. I get up and decide to take a look around, but since I’m in the dark I end up smacking into walls and such. I eventually see light and I run towards it, only to find it’s a campfire with nobody there…

“Hey, what’s going on here?” I ask aloud

Then I hear something, a voice, well a whisper telling me pick up a stick in the fire. I do so and wait again, this time I smell oil and hear a river, so doing what any sain person would I went to the sounds. The oil smell got stronger and I heard that whisper again.

“Go to the side of the river and toss the fire…” , being obedient I listened and when I did a path of fire spread throughout my dark prison. I found out I was in a cave and now that I could see better I found some steps, which led up to a big, muddy door, which made sense since I was underground. I went up the stairs and opened the door and found myself in a large, illuminated room with three doors of about equal size, where I heard the voice again…

“You have listened to me well, the stories you may tell, thy room you be is free, now a riddle you will have from me…” it said.

Thinking about what it said I asked it a question, “What riddles?”

The voice replied “Three riddles, for three doors, get it right and see a sight! However, get it wrong your will is mine, I shall torture you all the time! Three doors and only one chances, so shall you play my little game?”

I thought about it, since I’m no good at riddles and I would not like to know what it feels like with no will of my own, I had really no other choice.

“Before I say yes I have a question. Is there another way to leave this place?”

“No”

“And what if I refuse to play your game?”

“Then here you shall stay, locked away…”

“Very well then, I shall play your game.”

The minute I said that the room started to change. I was now in a steel room with a yellow, blue and pink door, on the wall there was some rules.

  1.         i.            The riddle given to you is the one you must answer, no other may be given!
  2.       ii.            The time to answer a riddle in none, as long as you pick the correct door with the answer on it.
  3.     iii.            If you answer right you shall go to another room. You will do this three times, if you get it right the third time you will meet the source of the whisper…

After I finished reading the plaque, I went to the door and read the first riddle…

 I’m tall when I’m young and I’m short when I’m old. What am I?

Then the doors showed their answers: Yellow door(Person), Blue door(Candle), Pink door(Food). I think over this carefully and choose the blue door. I go thru the portal into another room, same place only a different question…

 If I drink, I die. If i eat, I am fine. What am I?

Then doors showed their answers: Yellow door(Water), Blue door(Animal), Pink door(Fire). I think over this carefully and choose the pink door. Fortune smiles down on me as I go thru the portal into another room, same place only a different question…

Twas the giantess who told me what to do. 
Twas she who opened the doors, 
And close the windows. Not I. 
Twas her who decided the chair did well on the lawn. 
And the table should be in the basement. 
I have done naught to deserve punishment, 
For I did not place the dog on the lamp, 
Nor the cat in the chimney. 
Twas the giantess

Then doors showed their answers: Yellow door(A girl playing with her dollhouse), Blue door(Loss of free will), Pink door(Control over a giantess). I think over this carefully and choose the yellow door. This time, the room itself changed, I was no longer in any room but I was standing in front of a colossal door and I’m pretty sure I feel someone behind me but….Shall I dare turn around?

Chapter End Notes:

Well... a new turn of events here, next we shall meet the source or the whisper

Next time!