- Text Size +
Gage woke up long before Rima did. To his surprise, Rima hadn’t moved in the slightest the entire night: her hand still lay protectively over his body, providing a pleasant warmth. After lying awake for a few minutes, he squirmed out from beneath her hand and leapt off of the bed, landing without any trouble after falling the equivalent of several stories. The clock showed 6:00, and he had no idea when Rima would wake up, so he figured he could make himself busy by working on his jailbroken abilities.

He jogged across the well-appointed penthouse to the nearest table, an obsidian black piece that towered over him like a building. After taking a deep breath, he bunched his legs into a squat and then launched himself upwards. He shot into the air, reaching a height several times his own – unfortunately, it wasn’t even close to height of the table – and more importantly, it wasn’t an improvement on his normal jump.

According to Rima, if he just ordered the game to send his body flying through the air, he should theoretically be able to jump that height. However, this action apparently worked differently from normal – completely differently – and Gage needed to somehow separate the familiar action from what he really wanted.

So for the next hour Gage jumped… and jumped… and jumped. Fortunately, the simple movement didn’t cause him too much fatigue, but it certainly became boring. At one point, he swore he got an inch or two higher than normal, but he couldn’t know for sure. Either way, that wasn’t anywhere close to the height he really wanted.

It had to do with rewiring the way your brain worked, Rima had explained. The power had to come from the action potentials in his neurons and not from the contracting and relaxing of his muscle fibers. Not that his muscle fibers were actually working in the game; the real reason had to do with his muscle fibers having set parameters defined by coding. However, since theoretically his central nervous system – his brain and his spinal cord – had been directly connected with the computer, he should be able to order the computer to act based on those commands, bypassing his digital muscles altogether.

Easier said than done.

Finally, after making zero headway, Gage gave up and headed back to the bed. He would wake Rima up and hopefully she would be able to help. He was just nearing the bed when the music started.

Gage recognized the song immediately – “Maggie May,” one of his favorite oldies – but at his size, the music blared loudly in his head from all directions. He realized that this was probably her alarm clock. Sure enough, he heard Rima stirring in the bed, and a moment later he saw her swing her legs over the side and yawn massively. With the morning sunlight streaming in on her predominantly white residence, she looked like an angel in heaven. Gage gathered up his slack jaw and began walking towards her.

This was a mistake. Still rubbing the sleep from her eyes, Rima groggily got up and brought her foot down on top of him. He had tried to get out of the way, but maybe jumping as high as he could for an hour straight had taken more out of him than he thought. Either way, he suffered from the immense pressure of Rima’s sole for a split second before she took another step – and his body with her.

Much to his dismay, he had somehow gotten stuck to the bottom of her foot, probably because she hadn’t washed them since they got to her house yesterday. As she hummed along to the raspy tones of Rod Stewart, she apparently couldn’t hear Gage’s cries for help, not that he was in any danger. Especially now that he had his equipment, her steps alone couldn’t hurt him substantially – he was uncomfortable in the same way someone is uncomfortable bench pressing half of their personal record – but he’d still rather not be in that position if he could help it.

Besides the physical toll her weight took, the smell of her feet had only worsened from the night before. Now with his face pressed into the sole, her pungent smell inundated his every breath. In her defense, it only took ten or so steps for Rima to remember her little guest.

She spun around and darted back to the bed, clearly searching for him. “Gage?” she called. She shut off the music and called again. “Gage!”

“Down here!” he shouted.

She must have heard him, because soon Gage found himself rising upwards as Rima moved to inspect her sole. “Oh my God! How the Hell did you get stuck to my foot?” She peeled him off immediately, only to wrinkle her nose in distaste. “God, you stink. Is that how my feet smell?” Gage didn’t respond as he recovered on the palm of her hand. “Let’s get you washed up.” She carried him over to a sink where she turned on the water and held him close to it. “Let me know if that’s all right.”

Gage stuck his hand into the water and said, “Yeah that’s fine.”

“Okay – how do you feel about baths?”

“They’re my favorite.”

“Good.” Rima set him down by the sink and filled it up with soap and warm water; then she placed a hand towel on the counter before walking away, presumably for his privacy. “I’ll be back in a little bit… sorry about… er, walking on you.”

“You can make it up to me later,” Gage replied, waving her off. He quickly removed his clothes and hopped into the soapy water. Once submerged, he let out a long sigh. He hadn’t felt this relaxed in a long time.

“Don’t mind me!” called Rima in a singsong voice. Gage’s eyes snapped open, only to see her completely naked and heading towards the shower. She hopped in, and the water came on immediately – meanwhile, Gage oscillated between casting sidelong glances and gawking openly at her gorgeous body. He indulged himself for a second or two before moving his back towards her and attending to the banalities of cleaning his body. She was being quite aggressive.

He eventually got out, dried himself off with a corner of the hand towel, and threw on his clothes, careful to maintain his modesty – but not necessarily hers. In the mirror’s reflection, he spotted Rima behind him, still naked but now dripping wet. “I don’t know why, but I have no problems being naked in front of you,” she called from the shower. “I wonder if it has something to do with how small you are.” Rima continued to muse out loud. “Maybe it’s because I know you can’t rape me or whatever… not that you’d stand a chance against me in a fight even at your normal size,” she added with a giggle. Gage didn’t quite know how to respond; the more time he spent with Rima, the more her weird quirks rose to the surface. Her shy-girl-personality in that perfect body made for a strange dissonance.

Closing his eyes, Gage folded his arms across his chest and put on his most intimidating scowl, his back towards the exhibition of beauty taking place. After a little more teasing and goading, he heard the shower turn off and the sound of rustling towels. Still he gave it at least a minute before turning around, where he saw the white-haired beauty dressed in only a towel.

“I look pretty good, don’t you think?” she deadpanned.

“I’d say so,” he replied, giving as good as he got. She scooped him up from the sink and carried him over to a table.

“So what are we gonna do until Charis gets back online?” she asked, trailing off suggestively.

“You’re going to teach me how to use my jailbroken abilities,” replied Gage stoically. Rima’s lips turned into a pout, although he could tell she was having fun with this give and take. “And maybe if you’re lucky, I’ll give you another foot rub.”

“Oh?” She arched a brow with a mischievous smile. “Maybe if you’re lucky, I won’t rape you.”

Gage shook his head ruefully. She was definitely a weird one.