- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry for the long delay. Just been kinda...Busy.

Record from the Royal Ambassador, Malaki

It was just another normal day for me. I sat in my chamber, recording how the latest meeting between my advisors and I, and those of Cubelfus' went. Our two lands, long at war, finally decided to start having peace negotiations at any determined point. But we never met entirely in the other's kingdoms. A predetermined point was made, somewhere in the netherlands between our borders. We would meet, and discuss, but I felt that we were nearing the end, peacefully or not. Our army was gaining momentum, their's was losing morale. We were pushing them deeper and deeper. But they always had a new surprise, just as it seemed victory was inevitable.

But the surprise came when the Emperor entered my chambers, suddenly interrupting me. I, being one of the oldest members of his government, was one of 3 people on first name terms with our wise ruler. He swept in, dressed in fine velvet and accompanied by two guards.

"Maximillion, what a pleasant surprise." I said, bowing to Him. He returned the bow, for I was wiser than he, and he knew this. 

"My friend, I am in need of you assistance." He said, straightening up from his bow. I nodded, beckoning hi. To continue. He took a seat, and pulled out a flask, dismissing the guards as he did so. He beckoned for me to take a seat, and I did so. Our Ruler took a draught from the flask.

"Malaki, we have known each other almost all our lives. We were both raised in this castle together. My family and yours are closely intertwined. Over the years, as I went from Prince to Emperor, I have asked many favors." He handed me the flask, and I politely accepted it, taking a sip of my own. 

"Of course, you are my Emperor, I must accept anything you ask me to do." I answered, confused as to why he struck this, seemingly, casual conversation.

He laughed at my response, "Malaki, you and I know full well, that you could refuse me. I could not risk losing your wisdom over a petty request of mine. But right now, I come to you with another request, the most important I have probably asked of you." His expression grew much more serious and i handed back his flask, curious about this request.

"You have just returned, so before I ask, I must show you what I am about to ask." Now, I was confused and it must have shown. He stood up, and I followed, both of us leaving my chambers. The guards fell in behind me, as we walked upwards to the balcony. The Emperor informed me as we walked.

"Malaki, right after you arrived from your negotiations, a visitor arrived in our beloved city. A woman, but no ordinary woman." I listened intently, fixed on his every word.

"She's very beautiful, but that is not the nature of my request. She cannot speak out language. I am in dire need of a teacher, and you were the first person I could think of. You are comfortable with speaking with foreigners. Could you teach this woman our language? She has decided to live here, in this city." I stopped, right outside the balcony door, pondering his request. Of course I could teach our language, I have done it many times before. But why was he making such a large deal over one woman?

I had yet to know who she was.

"Your look of confusion is well put, maybe I should clear things up as to why she is so important." With that, Maximillion Ludentes Therin showed me the most incredible thing I had ever seen.

I walked out on the balcony, and there, sitting in the square, was the largest woman I had ever seen. My eyes widened, and I walked forward as if in a trance. She was massive! Easily 40 Taryfs! But then I noticed her features.

She had the most radiant hair, as bright and it shined like the most polished gold. Her skin was pale, smooth, and fair as any maiden's ever was. I was standing there in shock, until the touch of a hand on my shoulder brought me back. 

I turned and saw the Emperor's face, smiling at me.

"Is she not magnificent?" He asked. 

"Yes, she is... But... Why is she so large?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I don't know. All I know is that my guard found her in the forest one day, and she woke up this morning." He walked forward and shouted out toward the woman. Her attention immediately focused on us and she leaned forward, her face moving so close. I stepped back, overwhelmed, but she was focused on Maximillion.

"Great Lady!" He shouted, addressing her. "I have brought in one of my advisors! He is here to teach you our language!" With all his words, he added hand motions, trying to get his point out. She did not recognize most of what he was saying, but it seemed that she understood the basics of the sentence.

She looked at me and I flinched in fear. The Emperor waved me forward. I approached the female's face slowly and fearfully. It seemed she could feel my fear and she smiled softly. Even through her size, I was comforted and I walked forward with a more confident stance.

"Tell her your name" The Emperor told me. I nodded.

"I am Malaki. Welcome to Actipol!" I added, for good measure. And to my greatest surprise, she said,

"I am Amanda." In a rough tongue, but it was no doubt our language. 

Maximillion smiled and held me by the shoulders.

"Now friend, I ask, could you teach her our language?" 

And I said Yes.

Chapter End Notes:

Little short.