- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This story is a four way third-person perspective. Every chapter or two we will switch between the heroes, that way it doesn't get confusing.

Having said that, let's meet our (so-called) heroes!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. Miniature- The original shrinker, this dashing hero is typically seen in a bright blue full-body suit. (Except of course during the 2009 prostitute sex scandal where he returned to regular height, naked, while trying to sneak out of a hotel room) His most notorious (and often mocked) trait is his immense ego, but even through all this, opponents fear for their lives whenever they see an orange minus sign descend from the starry sky above.

Twenty-Two (shortened to merely 22)- A new-comer in the game, a young FBI agent, given the ability to shrink, has decided that the world can never have too many heroes, and finally jumps in full force. Most who have met him have described him as ' Almost shy, he saved me from being shot or worse, and he was actually apologizing!' Almost the polar opposite of Mr. Miniature, Twenty-Two rarely talks to the press or public for that matter, always wearing a pure black body-suit with the number 22 on its sleeves.

Skyscraper- Another recent super, Skyscraper has been noted around the South, only stopping petty robberies and such. The only thing that would have (and has) gotten her noticed is her incredible power to grow to unimaginable heights. A bubbly personality during when approached, she oddly never wears a mask, saying quote 'Heh, my face is too big to buy a mask that fits.' Most spot her by running into giant scarlet boot, then looking up and up to find a giant woman, dressed almost in gymnastic shorts and a long-sleeved shirt. She has declined to comment on how her clothes grow with her, and at that, why couldn't she make a mask out of the same material.

Bantam- An already established superhero, almost everyone knows her, most notebly by her auto-biography in which she detailed how she was enabled to shrink, and further details how it requires some effort. She designed her suit to reflect her Irish ancestry, a forest green tee-shirt and spandex, flowing with swirling patterns. She has had two recorded conferences with the press stating 'I'm not doing anything special. I was blessed with a gift, and I'm doing the right thing with it, that's all.'

Author's Chapter Notes:

I'm not a very decent writer, so, anyone who's has suggestions, advice or, (hopefully) praise for this project, remember to write on the odd chapters for me. (I am co-writing this, writing a chapter after the next is written.) So remember, please take it easy on the hate.



"I wiiiiiiinnn! Haha, suck on that, Twenty-Two, hope you don't mind me borrowing your girlie friend over here!" exclaimed the brute, holding the superhero's girlfriend close to his body, his arm wrapped his arm around her waist as she screamed in fright and ,surprisingly anger, because this was all Twenty-Two's fault .

"You stupid son of a bitch! Get this creep off of me, and maybe I WON'T break up with you!" She snarled at her boyfriend who stood there looking at the ground with calculating eyes. She groaned and started clawing and slapping the thick-set man currently holding her in an attempt to free herself. She cried out again,
"Guess someone's gonna be lonely for the holidays!"

Ignoring all the verbal insults and threats, Twenty-Two looked up, oddly calm with the fact that the man currently pointing a gun in his face was about to pull the trigger, softly singing the pop hit 'I cry a little'.

"Hm, nothing witty? I thought all of you super guys were supposed to be comedians or something. Oh, well." The man pulled the trigger... the brown toothy grin instantly vanished from his face. Somehow, someway, the man he was going to shoot had...vanished?
"That's....fucking impossible! How did I not see a guy in some pansy cat woman costume run away?"

He thought for a minute, finally shrugging. Some hero, he ran off when his girlfriend was being kidnapped!

His thoughts returned to his prize when he felt a sharp pain in his wrist. The woman was viciously biting him like a wounded animal, quickly drawing blood and enraging the rapist.
"Gaw!" He released her with a  rough shove to the ground, fuming.
"You bitch! Keep that up an your boy's gonna find your face on his Christmas card!"
He pointed the barrel of his .22 magnum (that was pure irony, right there.) at her chest. She shrank back, her breathing eratic and eyes wide in fear. Despite her fit physique, she could have easily been mistaken for a heart attack victim.

"Look..my boyfriend might LOOK like a bitch.." she eyed the gun, beginning to shake like a chihuahua frightened by a loud noise. "B-but he's gonna come back and whoop you if you do anything! So-so don't even think of trying anything with that gun.." She gulped, hoping he would buy her bluff. She had only been dating the superhero for a couple of weeks, but even then, most couples would say their relationship was rocky at best. Even though he hadn't even shown her what he looked like, but she never thought he would let something like this happen to her.

She crawled backwards across the pavement, bumping into a wall in the darkness, cursing to herself.
'Maybe he didn't even have powers..that would explain why he never talked about them..'

Throughout all of this, something was happening. The masked hero, 22, was silently waiting behind the thug, at his smallest stature, a mere .22 millimeters tall, only 88% of an inch! His tiny frame shook with anger, not only from the fact his girlfriend was ,from what he could see, about to be raped but also that his she, who he finally thought respected him, just flat-out called him a bitch...well..she kind of did anyway.

Frightened and assuming her boyfriend was a coward and had abandoned her,  she pulled herself back up, tears streaming down her cheeks.

The man reached out and grabbed her by the throat. His foul breath assaulted her senses as he let out a nasty promise.
"Say anything or scream, I'll put a bullet right in that pretty head of yours, got it?"
He grinned as she nodded, her mascara smeared from the tears.
"Good! Let's go."

As 22 watched, the man lowered his gun to his side, now was the moment he had been waiting for chance. As quickly as one can say 'Hey, that guy wasn't there before!' or perhaps simply 'Hey!' 22 had re-grown to his full height of 5'11 behind the criminal. He held his finger to his lips in silence, signaling for the woman to be quiet. Very quickly and violently, he grabbed the man's arm and with a swift sickening snap, broke it without a hint of emotion. Times like these were ones of pure thought, not fear or worry.

As many of us have experienced, as is the natural reaction to any bone in your arm breaking, you tend to howl as the now useless thing hangs lifelessly at your side. The rapist released his victim and only had time to let out a squeak before 22 was on him again.

Muriel John jumped away from her captor and watched as 22 wrapped his arm around the mans neck. The man struggled, kicking wildly in every direction, but the experienced FBI agent stood firm. In seconds, the man crumpled to the ground unconcious.

"Why the hell did that take so long!" she screeched. "My own boyfriend can't stop someone unless he's given an hour?!"
She stomped her foot, brushing her dyed-blond hair back. Not only had her boyfriend turned out to be a coward, his so-called "superpower" was to shrink! How lame was that?!

Laying the man down, 22 placed two fingers on his neck to check his pulse. Normal, ok, he could stand up again and face Muriel's fury.
"I had to make sure he thought I had left so I could evaluate the situation!" He stated irritatedly. "And how about the nice little fact that you blatantly called me a bitch to this guy?! I know we haven't been dating for a while but come on! That's just plain disrepectful!"

22 sighed, looking at Muriel.
"A-and..I didn't want you to find out about my powers.."
He looked down, ashamed. Even fully sized he felt as if everyone towered over him. And then, as if in a movie, they heard a clap in the darkness.
Turning in front of Muriel, hearing her scoff, he looked around, they were in a small four-way backstreet, but the sound echoed over from the left passage. He squinted, yelling into the inky blackness "Show yourself!"
"Yeah, and try to rape me while you're at it, he'll just stand there for thirty to forty-five minutes!"

They both watched, amazed, as they saw a child sized figure walking towards them.

"Now, how the hell does something like this happen?"

Chapter End Notes:

If I have any misspelling or spacing errors, I tried to write this on my phone, so this might've been an eye sore.