- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter 3

This is just an edited version of chapter 3.

Chapter 4 I plan to upload Sunday. Also, I plan to upload a chapter a week, maybe 2 depending on my schedule. These 3 chapters are just a preview. But things get interesting after this.

Andrew woke up in a dark place. He immediately tried to jump up but his legs were stuck under something big, flat, and heavy. He couldn't see it and wriggled out of it. But right now, whatever containter he was in was still.

Where was he? The last thing he remembered was falling asleep with Angela stroking his back. Could he be in the chest? No, he didn't feel any wood anywhere. But where was he?

After a minute he heard muted voices. Both were female and both were very familiar. He picked the first one out to be his mother. The second one happened to be Dr. Bailey.

"Where's Andrew Ms. Griffin?" He heard his doctor say in an impatient tone.

"Oh come on Susan, do we have to be so professional?" Judy said trying to lighten the moment up. Susan Bailey sighed and asked again,

"Where's Andrew Judy? If you said he has a condition I need to see, he needs to be HERE, not someplace else." Judy gave up and went for her purse.

"Why are you going there?" Andrew heard his doctor ask his mother. After a second he heard a zipper opening and looked up to see light flooding in. He was in his mother's purse! And what was holding his legs down was actually a small plastic gum container. His mother's hand reached down and groped around for him. He grabbed on to her finger and she brought him up.

"You know the weird condition I told you about? Well, this is it." Judy held her hand in front of Dr. Bailey and her eyes immediately went to the tiny Andrew. She stared for a few seconds while Andrew stared back at the enormous eyes of his doctor.

"Oh my God, h-how did this happen?" Susan asked Judy quietly. Even doctor's can be surprised apparently. Go Figure.

Andrew's mother repeated the story he told her, and Dr. Bailey was as confused as the others were. She didn't have an answer either.

"I don't know if I can fix this... I mean, nothing like this has ever happened before. I might have to call up some professionals for this..." 

"NO! I don't want to make a media case out of this! I just want to know what the heck is happening to my baby boy!" Judy's voice grew as she talked to Susan. Andrew noticed his sister was in the room also, sitting in a chair, reading a gossip type magazine. She noticed him staring and waved hello. He waved back and she smile briefly before returning to her magazine. Meanwhile, the 2 women were getting into an argument.

"I told you, if you want me to fix him, or at the very least diagnose him properly, I need to have someone more qualified than me in here!"

"And I told YOU, I don't want anybody else finding out about this. I wasn't even sure I should have shown you. Guess I was wrong to do that apparently." Both women were now into it very deeply and Andrew was getting scared. He hoped that his mother didn't do anything rash, and forget he was there. 

As if reading his mind, Judy went over to Angela and placed Andrew in her hand distracting her from her magazine. Angela could care less that she was distracted because her tiny brother was WAY more interesting than any celebrity gossip. Judy walked back over to the doctor and resumed yelling.

"I don't want anyone to see him. NOBODY at all. If one person finds out, we could be the center of the news and he would be taken away from me. Too many bad things have happened today already. I don't want my son taken away." Susan was still thinking of Judy in the wrong.

"I understand, but do you want him restored? Back to normal where you can hug him and properly recognize him as a human being? Do you?" Judy's eyes narrowed as she picked up on something the doctor said.

"Are you saying my son isn't human anymore? That he can never be a person ever again? Well let me tell you, he is as human as anyone else and I don't want you, or any other doctor putting their filthy paws on my son!" Judy yelled at Dr. Bailey.

Right then they heard a knock at the door. Angela quickly covered Andrew with her hands as the nurse stuck her head in the door.

"Sorry to bother you Dr. Bailey, but your yelling is starting to disturb everyone. I need you to quieter so at least we can't hear you." Susan ran her hands through her hair and dismissed the nurse.

"Thanks for that Janice, i'll keep my temper in check. Thanks for telling me." The nurse nodded and left the room closing the door behind her. Angela unclasped her hand revealing Andrew once again and he stood up carefully. Susan turned back to Judy and talked to her in a calmer tone.

"Look Judy, what i'm saying is not that he's not human. He is a proper human. But he needs to be looked at by professionals. I'm not even close to qualified to diagnose him. Please listen Judy." But Judy would not be persuaded by anyone at the moment.

"No. I don't want anyone else to see him. If I had to choose between him being small but staying with me, or possibly having him restored, but I might not see him for years, I would rather keep him with me. It was a mistake coming here. Angela, Andrew, we're leaving. Right now." Angela didn't argue with her mother and cupped her hands around Andrew as she left. As they walked out the door Dr. Bailey yelled out at them.

"You're making a mistake! He needs to be checked out! We need to fix this!" Judy turned back and yelled,

"I don't care! Come on kids, we're going." And Judy left without another word to the doctor. She got in the driver's side and Angela got into the passenger seat and removed her hand once again revealing Andrew. Judy was still angry at the moment and was yelling on the road every time something bad happened.

"Mom, are you sure we shouldn't talk to some one else about this? I mean, Dr. Bailey had a point about getting a proffesional to look at Andrew." Angela said.

"Fuck Dr. Bailey." This shut Angela up and surprised both her and Andrew a lot. Their mom almost never resorted to foul language ever. This was only the third time they've ever heard any from her. She must be really pissed off, Angela thought.

"Ok mom. Well, Andrew, guess we'll have to put up with you being so small. But don't worry! It's not going to be so bad, we'll both take great care of you." Andrew sat down and put his face in his hands thinking about all that happened.

There was almost no chance he was going to be restored to normal size. He was going to have to live out his life stuck at below 1 1/2 inches tall. But at least he was going to be treated nicely by his family. He looked up at Angela and she smiled down at him. Both felt a strong connection right then as brother and sister. Both loved each other.

They arrived at the house and all sat down at the kitchen table. Andrew was deposited on it carefully by Angela and Judy sat down heavily, after having been through a hard meeting.

"Ok Andrew, guess we're not going to get any help. But I know we'll make this work" said his mother attempting a smile. Andrew knew that part of the reason he's not going to get any help is because of his mother's stubborness to protect him. But he loved her much and trusted her decision.

"Yay! We get to have tiny Andrew now!" Angela said excitedly. This did cause their mother to smile as she herself realized that she got her wish and Andrew didn't have to leave. Judy stroked Andrew's head softly and said,

"Yes, right now, my baby boy is the most important thing to me. If anything happened to him, I would never forgive myself." Andrew stared down embarrased,

"Aww mom, I know you're not going to hurt me..." Andrew muttered. His mother smiled down at him and started to stroke his back as Angela did before they left.

"I know honey, it's just that you're so small, anything could happen." Andrew stopped her right there before she got any further. He didn't want to be reminded how small and vulnerable he was.

"Angie already told me this! I don't want to go over it again..." He said. Judy realized that she was embarrasing him and stopped. Silence sat there for a few minutes before Angela spoke up.

"Umm, don't mind me asking, but where's he going to sleep? I mean, he can't sleep in a regular bed now or anything." Judy thought about this for a moment before answering.

"I guess i'll have to make a makeshift bed for him. I know! I'll get an old shoe box of mine and put some cotton in there and maybe a small sheet. It'll be huge to you sweetie! How do you feel about that?" Andrew said he would enjoy it.

"But where am I going to sleep?" 

"With me of course silly! I don't want you sleeping in that giant room by yourself!" Andrew was a bit disappointed he wasn't going to sleep in his own room, but at least he wasn't going to sleep alone. He actually was kind of scared of being in his huge room by himself.

"I guess I can do that. Sure why not?" His mother was pleased to hear that he accepted her choice and went off to make his bed. Angela beckoned her brother over and he walked over to her hand.

"So 'big' brother, you get to sleep with mommy tonight! Makes you feel 3 years old again doesn't it?" He stuk his tongue out at her and she laughed seeing the miniscule tongue slip out of his mouth at her.

"Aww, you have to be so mean to your poor defenseless little sister?" She said, still laughing at his helplesness. He stopped immediately and sat down turning his back to her.

"Andrew... I didn't mean it like that i'm sorry. I didn't mean to make fun of your size right now. I really am sorry." He turned back to her and she scooped him up gently and brought him up to her face.

"Maybe mom will let you sleep with me one day! It'll be fun! Like a sleepover kind of but maybe even better." She drifted off thinking about all the things she could do with her miniature brother. Andrew actually liked the idea and wanted to sleep in his sister's room some time. But he was afraid. Afraid of seeing her almost naked while she dressed. He didn't want her mad at him because he thought her almost irresistible. 

"Yeah, maybe we can do that..." He said. Angela continued to hold him when their mother came back in the room. She was holding an old shoe box that used to containt a pair of heels. Judy picked Andrew up out of Angela's hands and put him in the box.

"How does it feel sweetie?" She asked him. He walked around the massive space admiring the size and softness of it. It was perfect, he thought to himself.

"Well, honey? What do you think?" His mother repeated.

"It's awesome! So soft!" He said to his mother. She smiled at the compliment and picked him up. 

"Ok you'll use that a lot from now on. But it's only around 3 so I guess we'll have to..." She was interrupted by the doorbell ringing. Angela stood up and walked over. She opened the door and walked out to see whoever it was.

Andrew and his mom stared at each other awaiting Angela's return. She came back with wide eyes.

"Andrew! It's your girlfriend Tanya!" She said urgentl

 

Chapter End Notes:

A girlfriend? And the plot thickens...