- Text Size +
"I...... Um..... I have....." Hope studders, trying to find an answer to the question.

"Don't do it! Don't show me to her!" I whisper to Hope.

"Here, let me s-........." I hear Eternity say.

Thats it. I'm screwed. Eternity saw me. My cover is blown.

Eternity snatches me from Hope and runs into the hallway. I see Elizabeth sitting on the couch watching some show.

Eternity walks up to her and yells "MOM, DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS?! HOPE HAD THIS...... THIS....... BUG!"

Her grip on me was tightening and I couldn't breathe. Which meant I couldn't talk. Which made Eternity think I was a bug.

"Honey, that isn't a bug! It's a boy! And you're crushing him! Give him to me!" Elizabeth says.

Eternity hands me to Elizabeth, and Elizabeth holds me in her palm.

She points at me and says "See it's a boy. His name is Julian. And he is a new part of our family." Elizabeth says as she places me on the foot-stool

"WHAT!?" Me and Eternity say in unision.

"I don't want to stay here, no offense, with you people! I have a family too!" I shout.

"Mom, you can't just let it in here like that!" Eternity says.

"I believe thats 'him in', but I agree with her!" I say.

"Eternity, Julian is staying with us wether you like it or not!" Elizabeth says.

"THIS IS SO UNFAIR!" Eternity yells.

She screams and kicks the foot-stool. The one I'm on. I fly through the air and fall flat on my back. I think I even heard a little crack. I look at Eternity. She stomping into her room. I look at where I landed. Right in the middle of Elizabeth's big soft feet.

I back up under the couch. Or at least I tried. I bit my knuckle and slid under the couch. I felt a searing pain in my spinal cord. That's one thing she did to damage me.

"Julian? Julian? Where are you?" I hear Elizabeth stand up.

"ETERNITY! GET OVER HERE NOW!" Elizabeth shouts at the hallway.

I hear the thudding footsteps of Eternity coming near.

"What do you want, mom?" I hear Eternity say.

"I haven't seen Julian. Did you grab him!?" Elizabeth says to Eternity.

"Why would I?" I hear Eternity say.

I hear Elizabeth's mouth open to say something, but no words come out.

I look up at Eternity. She has her eyes on the floor. They're following up to.... Me? She looks at me and stamps her foot on the floor, Grinding it as if she was crushing a ciguarette. I'm screwed. Again.

"Well tell me if you see him, okay?" Elizabeth says.

"Sure thing mom." Eternity says while Grinning at me.

Elizabeth walks away and almost instinctively, Eternity grabs me with her toes and walks towards her room. I lay wedged between her toes. With every step she takes, my spinal cord gets more fucked up. She's putting all of her weight on me when she steps on me on purpose.

We finally make it to her room. She opens the door and kicks her foot in the air, letting go of me. I fly in the air and hit her purple-sheeted bed. She then closes the door and locks it.

"I've got you now you little shit. You think you can come in my house? And think you're family? You're wrong. You're a bug. An insect. I should crush you right now. What do you think 'Julian'? You want me to crush you?" Eternity says, right in front of me.

"No..... My back..... please help...." My voice sounds raspy as I talk.

"You want me to help? Okay, here." Eternity says.

She grabs me and places me on the floor, next to giant feet.

"We're going to play a game. If you survive, I'll help you. If you don't, you'll already be dead." Eternity says.

She said 'survive'. But its clear I don't have a choice.

"I'll.... Play." I say.