- Text Size +
Eternity left to spend a night at her friends house, and Hope's mom is at the Hospital, working as a nurse. Thank god she's a nurse. If she wasn't I would have died a long time ago. I sit on Hope's lap, my head and upper body resting on her stomach. It's about 8:00, I think. We were watching some show call "Million Dollar Dare" or something like that. Basically, it's like one of those fake rigged shows where you get dared the most insane and outrageous stuff ever win money. Like swim in a tank full of sharks for ten minutes. The show has gotten many lawsuits, deaths, injuries, things like that. I don't even know how the show hasn't been cancelled yet. I start feeling a hot pain in my left arm. I try to move it around a little, but it makes it worse. The pain gets worse and worse. It starts crawling up to my shoulder and into my stomach. I try to keep calm and take deep breaths, but the pain is getting stronger and stronger. It's almost like I can feel it. Like a bulge of pain, crawling through my nerves bursting the wide open.I clutch my left shoulder and wince. Then, I feel a pain, a strong pain in my left arm. As if a thousand burning hot needles were jammed into my arm. All at the same time. I scream and roll off of Hope's leg and onto the couch. I fall on my arm and it makes the pain even WORSE. I shout and scream, convulsing in the pain.

"Julian, whats wrong?" She asks me as she gets up.

I lay on the couch cushion. I writhe around, unable to do anything as my body is wracked with searing pain. Hope gets on her knees and looks at me at eye level.

"What's happening?!" She shouts.

I look at her big brown eyes and say "Kill... me..."

The pain is more than anything I've ever experienced before. Maybe this is the pain I didn't experience before. Aftershock pain. A heavy pain then settles on my chest, the pain that Eternity caused me. Heat arises as the gauze cover my wounds. I feel hot. Without thinking, I rip the gauze off my chest. Or at least I try to. With my right arm, I rip the tape off the gauze and rip the gauze off. I see the red bloody crater Eternity left me. I scream at the pain and detail of the mess. My skin is hanging loosely, and I see my flesh torn apart. Deeper, I see my own meat, torn and crushed. I close my eyes and cover the wound with the gauze again. The pain is too much. I pass out, the last thing I see is Hope trying to figure out what is wrong with me.


*****


I awake to the sound of the TV blaring. I open my eyes again. I'm in a bowl of water. I have nothing but pair of shorts on. I look at the shorts. They must be barbie shorts, there's no tag on them and they feel a bit uncomfortable. I look at my arm. The gauze is off and is in the liquid I'm in. The liquid is lukewarm and reaches up to my neck. It seeped into my chest wound and into my arm wound. I dip my right hand into the liquid. It feels a bit thick. Like a shot of syrup was put into a cup of water. I lift my head up and out of the bowl. I see Hope sitting on the couch, with her bare feet propped up on the coffee table I'm on. She has a laptop on her lap and she's typing something. Out of the corner of my eye, I spot a couple napkins. With my right arm, I lift myself out of the bowl and onto the glass surface. I feel a bit slippery. I wobble over to the napkin and I grab one. I rub it over my body, like a towel. I make sure to get rid of the gel-like substance off of me. After I feel like I'm clean, I walk over to Hope's foot. I touch the soft smooth skin of her sole. She gasps and moves her feet. She places the laptop to her side and takes a look at what touched her foot. I see her eyes look at me and I wave.

"You need to stop passing out, you're scaring me to death!" she says.

"It's not my fault my body is weak. Whatever Jessica gave me, it messed with my body. I wasn't this weak." I say. "What was I lying in?" I ask.

"It was alcohol with water and some vinegar." She says.

"No wonder I smell like shit." I think to myself. "Why was I in there?" I ask her.

"After you passed out, I went to Google and looked up something to help you. I found that mix was supposed to reduce pain and heal you faster. How do you feel?"

"Good, surprisingly."

"It worked! I'm glad you're feeling better."

"Hope, thanks for taking care of me. I think it's nice that you don't even know me and you and your mom are taking care me, letting me into your home. Thanks."

"No problem." She says with a big smile.

She carefully picks me up and sets me in her lap.

"Hope. Wanna know the whole story of how I got into this mess?" I ask her, looking up at her.

"Yeah. I do.

"Okay. It started out when I was getting ready for school. I was walking to the bus, like any other day, when my friend, Jessica, came beside me. She shoved some pill or candy in my mouth and I INSTANTLY shrunk. I don't know how that's possible, but it happened. I shrunk out of my clothes and she put me in her back pack. I think I fell asleep, but what I remember is standing naked and tiny in front of some of my friends. They soon decided my fate. They were going to take turns taking me home, playing with me. Basically, I was nothing but a toy to them. A G.I. Joe action figure."


********


"and then I met you." I finish.

Boy, explaining that took a while.

"Wow." She says, astounded at my tale.

"Yeah." I say.

"How are you alive?" Hope asks me, with a soft laugh.

"I don't know actually. But you and your mom have kept me alive so far. Thanks for that." I say.

"I'm sorry you went through all of that. You must miss being regular sized, huh?"

"Well yeah. At this size, small things can mean death for me. And it's hard to use things. Speaking of using things, I need to go to the bathroom."

"Oh, okay. Hop on."

Hope lowers her hand next to me and I crawl onto it. She walks into a hallway and into a bathroom. She puts me inside the sink and turns away so I could do my business. I walk over to the drain and squat to take care of my business. After I'm done, I shout for Hope. She turns the faucet on to a warm little waterfall for me and I wash myself. This feels good.

"Can I have some soap?" I shout.

"Sure. Here." Hope says.

She gives me a dab of soap. I dip my hands in it and scrub my hair. Dirt and gunk falls out it. Wow, didn't know I was that dirty. I wash myself good and I shout for Hope to turn the water off. She turns the knob, stopping the water. She hands me a rag and I dry myself off. Then she hands me my shorts. I put them on and step into her awaiting hand. Even though I passed out alot, I feel tired.

"Hey Hope, I know I passed out alot, but I feel tired. Can I go to bed?" I ask.

"I'm feeling tired too. Lets go to sleep then." She says.

She walks into the hallway again, into her room.

"Hope, is it okay if I sleep with you? In case I have a pain-spasm again? Please?" I ask.

"Sure, but be careful." She replies.

She turns off her light and crawls under the covers with me in her hand. When she's comfortable, she puts me on her pillow, next to her face. The pillow feels soft and I already feel my eyes closing.
Chapter End Notes:
Comment please!