- Text Size +
I scream louder than I ever knew I could. I shouted in pain, trying to regain the nerves in my left arm. I stop screaming and clutch my left shoulder. I look at my left arm. I flinch and the pain grows. I can't even MOVE my left hand. The nerves are being blocked off from what feels like 2 tons of pressure, all falling on one part of my arm. I don't know how my arm didn't snap off, but right now, all I feel is a cold heavy piece of metal resting on the middle area of my shoulder and elbow. I feel a smooth piece of wood under my elbow. Being able to do nothing, I just sit there silent tears coming out of my eyes. I look up. Is this really the end? After what I've escaped? What I survived through? My killer is going to be a damn rat trap? This can't be the end. It can't. I know I'm going to regret this, but I start making as much as I can, to gain attention.

I shout, and I punch the wall or whatever it is with my right hand. I continue this for two minutes, then, I grow weak. I haven't food had food or water. I can't go on anymore. My mouth is dry and tastes like my own spit. I haven't slept, but I've been knocked the fuck out by a pipe. What can I do in this condition? I use my last energy to punch the wall as hard is I can.

"What was that?" I hear Hope say.

I feel footsteps coming closer to me and a big thud against the floor.

"Julian? Is that you?" She says, against the wall, blasting my ears out.

"Yes!" I shout, "Help!".

"Really? I'm coming Julian, don't worry!" She says.

I really don't think before I act. I don't have care for the consequences of my actions are. But, I soon will I bet.

All of a sudden, a wall of bright light shines upon me. The light is too bright and I shut my eyes, to adjust. She screams in horror the second she saw me. She gets up to call her mom. After my eyes adjust, I look to my left and scream too. Apparently, the rat trap had cut me in some way, and blood was seeping out, but since my nerves have been M.I.A, I didn't feel anything but the cold metal and wood. It turns out I was in the kitchen sink. There are washing supplies around me, soap, scrubbers, Clorox, that kind of stuff. I shout for Hope to come back. Then she returns with her mom. Her mom kneels down to get a better look at me. She gasps and says "Oh my!".

"Please help me. I haven't had food or water." I say, trying to look as pathetic as I can.

"I'll try..." Hope's mom says.

She hovers her hands over my body and with her right hand, she, with the most grace and careful way ever, picks the right half of my body and, with her left hand. She carefully and slowly picks the rat trap up, holding my hand up with her pinkie. Standing up, she slowly walks me over to the table. She sets me on it and looks in her medical kit. It looks like that of a doctors. She pulls out a needle and she puts some liquid into it.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

She ignores me and walks over to me with the needle. I see the sharp pointy tip of the metal, and the plastic body of the shot, holding a strange liquid.

"This might hurt a bit." She says.

The needle is big to me. She then inserts the needle into my right shoulder. It doesn't really hurt at all. Then my vision gets wobbly and blurry, like I'm high. I try to keep my eyes open, but it's no use. I just close my eyes for a bit. Just to..... rest them.....





I wake up to the feeling of soft warm flesh. I open my eyes and see Hope's eyes wide looking down at me. I shout and back away, but as I back away, I feel a sharp pain in my left arm. I stop in my tracks and look at my left arm. Almost all of it is covered by white bandages. I remember now, that damn Rat trap. I sit up. Hope has me in her hands, in the living room. The TV is on so I'm glad she wasn't watching me the whole time I was asleep. That would have been a bit creepy. I'm also glad I didn't wake up in Eternity's hands. I sit up and look at Hope.

"What did your mom do to me?" I ask.

"She drugged you so you would fall asleep. Then, she worked on you arm. She had to break the metal on your arm and when she got the metal off, well, your arm was REALLY messed up. She did as much as she could to fix your arm, but...." Hope said, talking slower and slower.

"But, what?" I ask.

"Your arm won't heal she said. Not without the help of a real professional doctor." She said quickly.

It felt liked I was punched in the stomach. My arm will never heal? I can't go to a doctor, they will call the government and take me away to perform tests on me. Once they find out about me, it'll be the end. I can kiss my house goodbye, as well as ever seeing my mom again. I grow pale and lose my balance. I fall off of Hope's hand. She shouts and quickly puts her other hand under me and catches me.

"I....I can't stay like this forever. I.... I need my hand. What am I going to do?" I say laying down, my arms and legs spread out, looking at the ceiling.

"We'll take care of you." Hope says, looking down at me.

They still don't know that the whole entire reason this happened to me was because of Eternity. Should I snitch? If I do, Eternity will get her revenge and make it look like an accident. Maybe I should keep my mouth shut and call a truce with Eternity. I don't know why she's mad at me, but I really don't want any other limbs broken. Speaking of broken, how am I not dead? My body has taken a hell of a beating. Falling, freezing cold, being crushed, rat traps, and all kinds of things. I should be dead already! Then, as if on cue, Eternity walks in. I look at her and she looks at me.

"Eternity, can you watch Julian while I take a shower really quick?" She asks Eternity.

"Sure." She says with an evil grin only I can see.

"Thanks." Hope says as she puts me in her hands. "I'll be back in while.

"Okay." Eternity says as she sits on the couch.

Hope walks away and Eternity looks at me with a devilish smile. I have a feeling I'm going to break another arm.
Chapter End Notes:
Comment!