- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm back! I have had some tough and bad things happening to me, and I looked at my stories and decided that I am going to finish them. Enjoy!
As I sit inside the vents of Hope's and Eternity's house, I think about how the hell I got away from Eternity a while ago.

After the most cliche thing ever to happen to me happened, the lip gloss bottle hitting her foot, I ran over to the grate to the vents. I got a good strong grip on the grate, and a burst of adrenaline let me rip off the grate. I run inside and keep running. I hear Eternity curse under her breath behind me.

"Fucking piece of shit." She says with a level of anger in her voice.

A level that wants me to never be found by her. She has proven that she is the main character in this house. She doesn't want to upstaged by someone smaller than her middle finger. Anyways, as soon as I got into the vents, I just kept on running. I felt the cold smooth metal under my bare feet. I saw the little breath cloud after every time I took a breath. A little puff of smoke, to me. I started shivering a few minutes after in the vents. It was extremely cold in there. Then again it was summer, of course it would be cold, they have the Air Conditioning on. But now that Eternity knows I'm in a easily trapped area she could flush me out. She could turn the heat on. My bare skin would be burned against the metal. I'd sweat and burn. It sickens me to think about it. Soon, I found a room temperature area. I sat down slowly, to think about my next move. The burst of adrenaline made me forget about the throbbing pain in my left leg.

And here I m now, trying to ignore the pain in my leg that I can't do anything about it at this size. Or anything at all. I should have brought one of her socks to keep me warm. But I can't blame myself. The heat of the moment made me make choices that kept me alive. But the ones to come most likely won't. What IS my next move? I can guarantee if Eternity gets her claws on me, I'm as good as dead. What to do what to do.....

It's way too dark for me to find my way around the vents. I take back about what I said about living outside would be easier. I forgot about the deadly animals, insects, and so on, that could kill me. I need to find the address of this house for two reasons. For revenge when or if I get back to normal. And the second, to see if I know any people or places near here. But how? First, I need to get up, and find some light. Then after that, I'll look for the vent that leads to the living room. Maybe there could be forgotten mail on the floor. Or something like that.

Great plan! I get up and ignore me being in my birthday suit in the freezing cold in here, and my pain caused by Eternity. I follow the faintest glow of light ahead of me. I hear the faint chatter of a TV. I walk foward. I think as I walk.

What will I do when I find the address? How will I make it out? Is there a vent in here that leads to the outside? Wait. The air conditioner! If I can follow the pipes to the machine, I can find a way out of there! I can make it out and get help! I just hope it doesn't grind me up or something. I don't know how air conditioners work, but I know they start at one vent. As soon as I find the address of this hell house, I'll make it out of here. Finally, my brain is working!

Not paying attention, I walk straight into a vent wall. I fall down on my back making a soft "thump". I sit up and look to my left and my right. The path splits up. Crap. Maybe I could listen to both paths and hear where the TV chatter is coming from. But my ears are ringing from hitting my head on the wall and floor. I rub my forehead and stand up. I walk into the the left path and listen closely. Nothing but a hum of some machine. I walk over to the right path. Right before I put my right foot down, I don't feel the floor. I fall into a tube and hit my head hard against a metal pipe as I hit the floor. I feel my vision blurring. I stay on the floor and close my eyes......





"Let's just keep looking Hope. He has to be here." I hear a woman say.

What happened? I sit up and realize I'm in total darkness. I can't see a single thing. I just stare of into the darkness to try to let my eyes adjust to the lack of light. It works a bit and I can see round, cylinder-like shapes around me. What happened to me? Wait, now I remember. I fell down a pipe and I must have hit my head, making me black out. Gently, I touch the back of my head. I feel a bump, and an extreme amount of pain. I shout in pain. In a quick act, I cover my mouth Someone had to have heard that loud pain-filled shriek. I better hide. I don't know where I could be. Maybe I'm in the water-workings of the sink?

As i stand on my two legs, I realize the pain in my legs is gone. But my head and back are killing me. Looking around, I see my eyes have adjusted better. I can see vague shapes and colors around me. I'm in an area with alot of pipes. Many, pipes. I walk foward, trying to navigate around the pipes. But as I walk, I trip on something furry and big. I hit my face against what feels like hardwood. I use my arms to lift myself and turn around. It looks like..... A dead rat?!? If he's dead, they must have mouse traps in here, or he starved to death. And with Eternity looking for me, I'm sure it was a mouse trap. This just got very dangerous. I need something to make sure there aren't any traps ahead of me. Like a long stick! Like blind people do, I'll be using the stick to see the things I can't right now.

I get on my knees and start feeling the ground, looking around blindly. I hear footsteps coming. I stand up and start running. Trying to avoid the big dark objects, which could be pipes. I trip on a wire or something on the floor, but I keep balance and stay on my feet. But I feel something ahead. Maybe another wire? As I reach it, I jump, just in case. But it's higher than I thought it was. It hits me in the waist and makes me tumble on the floor. I feel my left arm hit a piece of cold metal for a split second. Then the next thing I know, I feel the most powerful, head-splitting, bone-cracking, tear-dropping pain I've ever experienced in my entire life. I hear a loud snap along with it.
Chapter End Notes:
Please comment on what you think of the story. Constructive Criticism is what I need! Also, sorry for the short chapter. Needed to get my writing techniques back.