- Text Size +
Hope opens her hand and I see we are in a kitchen. Across from us is a woman, washing her hands in the sink.

"Mom?" Hope starts, "I need to show you something."

The lady turns around while saying "What is it swee-".

She stops dead in her tracks and screams at the top of her lungs. Then, she slaps me out of Hope's hand and I fly into the sink. I hit the metal sink with a loud thump. I'm lucky my back took the force of the hit. Meanwhile I try to stand up, Hope is trying to grab me and explain everything. But her mom is still screaming.

Then, she does something that made me scream. She holds Hope back and turns the faucet on. In the flash of a second, I'm pounded by ice-cold water. I scream for Hope as my makeshift kleenex shorts disolves.

"STOP, PLEASE!" I scream to Hope's mom.

She stops screaming and stares at me. Then, she turns the water off. I shiver in the metallic sink.

Hope pushes her aside and gently wraps me in a napkin. I shiver in her grasp.

"Mom, why did you do that? He's not a bug!" Hope says, angry at her mom.

"Why...... did it t-talk?" Hope's mom says, staring at my tiny form in astonishment.

"Because, he a boy! LOOK!" Hope carefully holds me in front of her mom.

"A.... Boy? How?" Her mom says.

"M-my name is Julian." My teeth chatter as I talk, "I escaped from a g-g-girl who was going to t-torture me. A different girl shr-shrunk me. Can you please h-help me?" I say weakly.

With the napkin on I'm still cold as an ice cube in a freezer.

"I..... I'm sorry. I'm Elizabeth. And I'm sure I could help you. Please forgive me for what I just did." Says Elizabeth.

"It's...." I feel my eyes getting heavy. I close them and I feel myself unable to open them....



I slowly open my eyes and rub them to clear my sight. But its no use, its dark in here. Too dark. Where am I? I stand up and walk around. After a few seconds of walking, I walk face first into a wall. I fall back and land on something soft. I feel it and realize my situation. I'm in a make-shift bed made from a shoe box. This is bad. I have a serious case of Claustrophobia. I can't get out. It's getting smaller!

"HELP, GET ME OUT!" I scream.
(I told you I had Claustrophobia.)

I find myself breathless. I can't breath. No room. No light. I think I'm have a panic attack! Theres no air. I run over to the cardboard wall and punch it. I punch it as hard as I can. I actually feel myself getting through. I make a tiny hole and try to make it bigger. Then, the box shakes and the lid is removed and light pours in. I fall to the floor and look up. A familiar hand comes in and grabs me. It pulls me out and I see it was Hope.

"What happened?" She says while rubbing her eyes. I obviously just woke her up fron her sleep. "You were screaming." She continues.

I crawl in fetal position in her palm and say "Please, don't put me back in there, please!"

"Small spaces..... c-can't handle them....... Don't let go. Please." I say.

Okay, I need to see a doctor or something. I sound like wimp. A really wimpy wimp.

But its not my fault. I've been traumatized by this. One time, I was walking home with my friend. I heard an odd noise in a small little hole in this giant rock (my school is in the desert, a mile away from home.) I decided to investigate. I crawled in the hole and got stuck. I couldn't move my arms or head. I screamed and my friend asked me what happened. I told him I got stuck and to get help imediately.

In hindsight, that was a stupid move. But I was 8, what do you expect?

"Are you okay? I didn't know you were afraid of the dark. I'm sorry." Hope says.

"It's not the dark I'm afraid of. Its the small spaces. Small spaces with no light." I say.

"Oh, sorry."

"Its okay, can we just move on? What happened?" I say, embaressed about the past 5 minutes.

"Well I tried to introduce you to my mom, but she slapped you in the sink and tried to drown you. After that, you were knocked out cold. Then I explained everything to my mom and she made you this shoebox." Says Hope.

Damn, how could I not remember almost drowning?

"Hey sis, whats up- what's in your hand?" I hear a voice behind Hope say.

"Hey Eternity." Says Hope.

Shit.
Chapter End Notes:
This story is on pause for now because I have a case of Writers Block for this story. Please comment what you would like to see later in the story for inspiration (for me).