- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry about the short chapters, it's all I can get in thanks to dumb school. I'll be working on this story more often, and I'll probably update HighSchool. Tell me which story I should write more of! Also, 20,000 reads! AMAZING!
************************************




The dog just circles around me, panting and wagging it's tail. How am I going to get him up there? I can't leave him here, waiting to be squished or caught by Jessica. Although, I'd take option A. I walk around the drawer and look for good footholds. There's a few, but not that many. If Jessica doesn't come back in here for 15 minutes or less, I'll be good.

"Hmm. You'll know what I'll call you dog? I'm going to call you Sparx. That's a cool name, don't you think?" I say looking down at the dog.

He wags his tail and jumps on me. I fall and he starts licking me all over.

"Okay, Sparx it is! Now, how do I get you up there?" I ask, asking basically no one.

I put on my thinking face and try to think of a solution. I can't just hold him, I need two hands for this journey. What could I use? Without any other choice, I decide to look under the bed for something I could use. I walk under the bed, into almost complete darkness. There a bit of sunlight coming in, but not that much. It's smells like something rotten down here. Weird. Walking around, I trip over something. I fall to the floor and Sparx gets startled. I sit up and tell Sparx to be quiet.

"Shh boy! I just fell, calm down!" I say, getting up to my feet.

It turns out, he wasn't barking at ME, there was something behind me. I turned around and told Sparx to shush. He stopped. With the sudden silence, I heard a very soft moan. When I heard it, I felt a shiver go up my spine. Slowly, I start walking to where the sound had originated.

"Hello? Anyone there?" I say out loud, my voice cracking.

The moaning gets louder and I think I heard a soft "yes". What am I getting myself into? I start walking forward. There's a small little light, illuminating a box ahead of me. A flashlight, I think. I slowly walk towards the box. The flashlight is facing it from the front, I'm behind the box. I slowly, very slowly, walk around the corner and nearly scream from the sight. Six people, tied up in the box, taped in different areas.

"Oh my god. What happened?" I say, rubbing my eyes to see if this horrible sight is real.

"The girl... She shrunk us off the street. I was on the sidewalk asking for money, so I could buy a morsel to eat... when she came along and shrunk me down to three inches. No one cares if bum goes missing. I don't know about these other people. I'm Barry." A 30-year-old-looking man who looked like he was a hobo said.

"Help us, please." A weak lady said to me, with her head down.

They were bound to the box with twisty-ties. Bound by their ankles and their wrists.

"I.... I....." I studder with words, still trying to believe what is in front of me right now.

"If I get you out, how will you get out? You're so weak, and tired. I'll let you out of course, but will you get away from here, back to normal size?" I ask.

"She keeps pills that shrink and grow on top of that drawer. I know because she plays with us, and our size, alot. If you can hurry, you can get the pills and help us out of here." Barry says, looking at me.

"I'll try. But let me get you out of there first." I say, walking around the box, getting the twisty-ties loose.

I make sure to do their ankles first then their hands. If I did it the other way around, they'd fall face first on the floor. Jessica did these ties real good. But with my small, yet strong, hands, I untwisted them easily. After the people were all loose, they were rubbing their ankles and their wrists. Sparx was walking around them, sniffing them and such. Then I heard another scream for help. But this time it was a real scream. Sparx froze and looked at the direction of the sound. Everyone stopped. Another scream, a louder one, but the same one. Without thinking about the consequences of this decision, I grab the nearest object, a pencil, and run in the direction of the scream. What am I doing? Why am I here? Why am I running at a suspicious scream coming from the edge of the bed? Sparx is close behind me, running a little slower than me. He could run faster, but I don't think he wants to deal with that odd scream either. But, I can't leave someone who's screaming alone. I have to try to help. Right?

I get to the area and I see a girl, about 12, screaming looking at something in front of her. I squint and see a spider. Of course it's a spider. What story about a shrunken story doesn't involve a spider? It's just about bigger than Sparx. I instantly back away and my manliness has just faded away. The smaller ones carry the most venom, right?

"You, go to the flash light, and stay there!" I tell the girl who was screaming.

She nods and turns and runs away, towards the light. I turn back to the spider. It's gleaming red eyes pierce the darkness, staring into my soul. It makes an odd hiss sound and jumps for me. Thanks to video games, my hand eye coordination helps me grab the spider in mid-air and toss it to the side. I threw it to the left of me. It hits the floor and rolls once before stopping. Getting back on it's feet I feel a stinging sensation in my hands. I rub them and feel thorn like prickles in my palms. It must have been the spider's hair! It hurts alot though. I try to take it out but that was when the spider got the jump on me. It jumped on me, my hands holding it's fangs back. With nothing else to do, I stick my hand deep in the spider's mouth, looking for anything to grab. My hand was traveling at lightning speed, before it could close it's mouth. Almost instantly, I found an odd squishy sac, and without thinking, I ripped it out of it's body. It jumped off me and and fell down, it's legs kicking in the air. I threw the sac to the floor and grabbed the pencil. Without a thought, I jammed the pencil in it's throat, sticking it deep inside of it. So much, it came out the other end. When I moved back and looked at my hands, there was a red liquid in on my palms. But, it wasn't the spider's. I felt light headed and pale. I felt as if the blood from my body was being drained away. I hit the floor with a thud. My vision was blurring out and I couldn't see at all. Sparx was running around, barking and such, circling me. Then, I just gave up. I just closed my eyes, not sure if I ever wanted to open them up again.


***


I wake up to the sound of people talking. Slowly and carefully, I open my eyes. Light pours in and hurts my eyes a bit. My hands are wrapped in something that feels like cloth. I sit up slowly, blinking quickly.

"What happened?" I ask to no one in particular.

"Well, remember that spider you killed? The one you killed to save this girl?" A man says, pointing at a giant dead spider and a girl. Well, when you grabbed the spider, it's hair, which can be shot out of it's back and legs, got stuck in your hands. These hairs can cut, and they did just that to you. And I don't know how, but you grabbed it's venom sac, which was currently 'leaking' and that's why it was aggressive. The venom from the sac drained into you cuts and because you were on the floor, must have gotten into your head, making you forget." The man says.

"Oh, I remember now! Wait, I forgot about about Hope!" I say.

"Who's Hope?" The old man asks me.

"I need to go, I'll be back later! If I'm alive!" I say as I stand up and start running for the door.

Sparx is behind me, barking enthusiastically. The cloth is still on my hands the pain is starting to kick in, but I ignore the fact that I fought a spider with only a pair of shorts on my body. Good thing the venom didn't get on my chest, that would've been a disaster! Without paying attention, I hear the door open and a large socked foot steps through the thresh-hold. Then the whole body. I'm in the middle of the room, out in the open. I look up at the face of the intruder. It's Jessica.
Chapter End Notes:
DUN, DUN, DUN! Comment down below!