- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

            “Finally, some time to relax and enjoy the rest of my day!  Might as well start it off with a relaxing nap.” says a tired Randall jumping on the top of his bed.  Reaching the height of 3’6” Randall was the size of your average six year old.  This gave him that cute appearance which was one of the reasons why most of the girls in his high school thought he was adorable.  One drawback of his height was that he was just as strong as a six year old also.  This never stopped him before because he had built up through the years speed and reflexes that would put even the most skilled athletes to shame.  As he was about to drift off he hears a couple of loud knocks on his door.

“Go away Rachel!” he yells at his younger sister that he knows is on the other side.

“Are you going to make me Randall?” says his younger sister Rachel.  Rachel is only two years younger than her brother at 14 years old.  Despite how they talk to each other they are actually really close siblings.  Rachel has short brown hair and brown eyes and unlike Randall was quite normal.  At 5’4” she was slightly taller than other girls her age and 22 inches taller than her older brother.  She cared deeply for her brother but that never stopped them from playfully rough housing.

“Do I really have to kick you out this early in the morning?” Randall says as he gets up and yawns in front of his little sister putting his hands in his pockets.  “You haven’t been able to pin me since two years ago.”

“That doesn’t stop me from trying!” and with this Rachel dashes towards Randall with her arms stretched out.  This doesn’t turn out well for her as Randall takes a step forward then pivots on his foot and crouches with his leg stretched out which trips his sister and sends her falling to the floor.  Rachel gets back up on her knees and tries to unleash a flurry of swipes at her brother hoping that one of them will connect.  This just causes Randall to stand in place and take a marker out of his pocket, and dodge every attack while keeping his feet planted on the ground.  After a minute of touching nothing but air Rachel finally decides to give up after she starts to tired from achieving nothing.

“You could let me win once in a while you know.” says Rachel with cute pout on her face.

“Yeah, but then you wouldn’t have that much fun now will you.  I’m going over to Ashley’s now since it seems that I can’t get a nap in around here.” states Randall as he turns around to leave.

“Well tell your girlfriend that I wouldn’t mind to go shopping for your birthday present together.” snickers Rachel.

“Again she is just my best friend so that would be weird, and by the way you might want to read your arms at some point.” After he says this Randall turns around and leaves his room with a smirk on his face waiting for the next outburst.

“What does he mean by…,”  at this point Rachel looks at both of her arms and sees written in a black sharpy with perfect handwriting, ‘When you leave my room can you clean up anything you messed up.  P.S you might need to wash this off because you punch really slow.’ “RAAAANDAAAALLLL!” yells Rachel as she sees what her wrote on her as she was trying to attack him earlier.  Rachel just couldn’t understand how Randall was so fast or why nothing seemed able to hit him but this was a point of both fascination and frustration at the same time for her.

 

Randall quickened his step as he heard his sister yell out his name, but he just couldn’t suppress a chuckle as he made his way out the door.  He decided since he couldn’t sleep at his house he could always visit Ashley.  After a few minutes he was standing in front of Ashley’s house and he started to bang on the door.  “I’ll be right there,” came a voice he knew all too well.

As the door open Randall looked up at his best childhood friend Ashley.  Standing at an even 8’ tall, Ashley would have seemed intimidating to anybody considering that she looked incredible.  After crouching down to see who it was Ashley starts to smile.

“Randall, I wasn’t expecting you to come over today.”

“Yeah me neither, but my sister wouldn’t leave me alone after I finished Mrs. Fisher’s writing assignment.  So are you going to let me in or not?”

“Yeah come on in.  Did you just say that you finished the assignment just now since we’ve had the assignment for the past couple weeks?”

As he steps past Ashley he starts to head towards her bedroom.  “Well it was pretty boring so it couldn’t hurt to wait a little while.”  Randall walks through the hallway and finally reaches his destination.  He walks into Ashley’s room and finally sees his target.  Ashley’s bed was custom made for her along with her pillows and blankets.  Ashley’s room was normal for a teenage girl except for it was made for someone her size.  On her dressers and tables was an assortment of stuffed animals, makeup, perfume, and an assortment of different pictures.  Her favorite being the one on her night stand of her and Randall in her parent’s vehicle.  Because of a lack of space Randall had to sit on her lap on their way back from vacation.  Randall had fallen asleep while she was holding him when her mother took the picture.  Randall of course didn’t care for the picture because it made him look cute which he tries to avoid at all cost.

After grabbing her pillow he lays down on it and starts to get comfortable.  Ashley’s pillows were three feet long so it practically made a bed for Randall except his feet would hang off the bottom.  “So you plan on taking a nap on my bed because your sister won’t let you sleep on yours?”

“Exactly, as they say you need to sleep in order to grow up tall.”

“You just want to take a nap thats all right?” says Ashley as she sits down on her bed right next to Randall as he starts to nod off to slept.

“You know me so well don’t you.”

“Well you make it a common habit to try and take a nap on Sunday no matter what is happening.”

“Well if you don’t mind I would hate to break a habit.” And with this Randall finally drifts off to a silent sleep.

At this Ashley goes to turn off her light and can’t help but find it adorable that Randall can fit on her pillow and go to sleep without a worry in the world.  She goes and sets her alarm for a couple hours because she knows that Randall will not wake up without a fight for the next couple of hours.  She lays down next Randall and puts an arm over him as she decides to go to sleep also.

Chapter End Notes:

Please rate this work and give me feedback.  Again as a non-writer I have very low self esteem in my writing skills so it would be great to here your opinion on this on whether you enjoy this story or not.