- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Thanks to everyone for the support so far and the over 5000 views!
This chapter ended up being a little longer than I expected so I'm going to split it in two. Enjoy!
The day of the dance was finally here. Having to suffer through a boring day at school, Randall was ready to party. Having been a couple of days, Randall had regained most of his range of motion back so that he could tie his shoes or and twist without much difficulty. He sides were still sensitive, so he had to keep them wrapped up and refrain from any kind of strenuous activity. This was still upsetting because he had to sit out while everyone played dodge ball in gym that day, but he had made a promise with Ashley that he would take it easy. Jason probably got suspended for a couple of days because the atmosphere of gym class had lightened up to the point to where even Aaron decided to get in on the action.

Being a white wolf/human hybrid meant that Randall’s costume wasn’t hard to put together. Choosing a pair of black pants, black shirt, and a white jacket with a hood; Randall finished setting up his costume. Looking in the bathroom mirror to make sure that everything was set up right, he was mildly pleased with his work. His tail would wag when force was applied to the sensor, and his extended canines protruded slightly from under his top lip. Deciding that all was fine, Randall decided to go and see what his sister was doing until Ashley got there.

Upon entering the living room Randall found his sister dressed in a vampire outfit. It didn’t take much, just some powder to lighten her skin color, fake teeth, fake blood coming out of the corner of her mouth, and some black clothes. It wasn’t that Rachel didn’t fit her costume; in fact Randall thought that it looked pretty good. The only problem was that her attitude didn’t match it at all.

“So you’re going to be a vampire right?”

“Yeah, why do you ask?”

“Well, I can see that the costume fits you but I figured that you would be something different. Mostly a nurse, angel, or even cat, but a vampire isn’t such a bad idea either.”

“Of course it isn’t, but you better watch out because you might become my next meal.”

Dashing forwards with a more than villainous intent, Rachel was surprised that she actually grabbed brother and held him up against the wall. Letting the feeling of victory sink in Rachel wondered what her next step will be.

“Can you put me down?” Randall was able to gasp out in a whisper.

“Why would I want to do that? I finally caught my prey and now I’m about to torture him. Let’s see, what should I do? I know how about we tickle this little puppy! How does that sound?”

“Seriously, can you…please…put me down?” Randall was able to grunt out between breaths. Having his midsection held up was making it harder for him to breathe. The pain and the lack of air started to make his face turn red and his body start to feel dizzy. Having forgotten that his injuries were still there and feeling like an idiot for forgetting it, Rachel gentle lowered Randall to the ground. Once Rachel let go, Randall slid down the wall till he was sitting while panting trying to catch his breath.

“I am so sorry bro, I completely forgot about that. I mean, you’ve seemed normal since yesterday so I thought you were better.”

“Don’t worry about it; I just need a minute to catch my breath that’s all.”

“Is there anything that I can do for you?”

“You can help me get to the couch for a moment. I’ll rest there till Ashley arrives.”

Not wanting to cause further stress, Rachel scooped her older brother into her arms and carried him to the couch to rest. She knew that Randall didn’t want to be carried but also knew that he wasn’t in the shape to walk the distance either. Making sure that he was comfortable, Rachel went through the house to find some pain killer and water for her brother to take.

Once he was laid back and comfortable, Randall focused on ignoring the momentary pain and hope that he could recover before Ashley got there. Tonight was not in his favor as he heard a knock on the other side of the door. Once he was sitting up straight, with a little bit of effort, Randall called for Ashley to come in. Ashley’s costume had matched Randall’s except her colors were red and black, while Randall’s was black and white. Standing walking through the living room he was amused as Ashley’s tail would swing back and forth as weight was applied to the sensor.

“Are you ready for the party tonight? We got to get going soon because it starts in twenty minutes.”

“Yeah, I’m just waiting for Rachel and we’re supposed to meet up with Aaron once we get there.”

“Bro, I got you some Ibuprofen for your side.”

“What is she talking about?”

“I just had a little accident earlier, but I’m ok now. By the way we got to go and meet up with Aaron.”

“You can’t leave yet bro. You’ve got to rest a little bit more.”

“I’m ok so you can stop worrying. We need to leave and get out of here.”

Seeing as neither of them were going to budge Ashley decided to do something about it. Grabbing Randall gently around his waist, Ashley lifted him off the ground and placed him carefully on her shoulders. After securing his legs Ashley turned around and made her way out the door. Seeing as the argument was over, Randall decided to play with Ashley’s fox ears. Being up here let them travel at a faster pace but was slightly embarrassing for Randall. Ashley on the other hand only had her mind on what all she was going to do tonight. Arriving outside of the school, Rachel separated and went off the hang out with some of her friends. After a couple minutes of waiting Aaron finally showed up wearing a pirate costume with a convincing black beard. Taking Randall off her shoulders and back on the ground, Ashley decided to greet Aaron.

“Arr me maties, what are you be doing this fine evening?”

“The costume is cool and all but you can cut out the accent Aaron.”

“But I thank that it is pretty cool. Nice costume by the way Aaron.”

“At least one of you likes it anyways. So I’m guessing that you are a fox and Randall is your pup?”

“No, I am a winter wolf while Ashley is a fox. She decided to pick out our costumes so this is what I got stuck with, but it actually isn’t that bad. I like it in fact.”

“Hey guys, they are opening the doors so we better make our way in.” said Ashley as the party started to make their way towards the doors. With the majority of the student body trying to go into the school, Randall ended up getting separated from his friends. Deciding that he would meet up with them later he started to make his way through the crowd of stomachs, trying to find a higher vantage point. Setting his sights on a table in the cafeteria not too far away, Randall started to make his way towards it. Before he can get to the table, however, he is bumped into from behind and falls to the floor. Sitting back up Randall sees the only person that he didn’t want to deal with. Someone that could only lead to more trouble.
Chapter End Notes:
Please review and give me your opinions!