- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

First off I would like to say thank you to all my viewer for over 4000 views.  Secondly, I'm sorry but my roomate was playing his new Wii U and I got side tracked.  The latest chapter is longer that usual and I hope you enjoy it.

The mall was a fun place to hang out at, but it was also a place of annoyance whenever Rachel was with him.  Rachel always had to pull some sort of prank whenever he was at the mall with her.  Her former tactics ranging from putting out a warning for a lost child; all the way to telling the Santa at the mall that he was too embarrassed and shy to sit on Santa’s lap.  This would cause Rachel to get into a roaring fit of laughter as Randall tried to evade the army of elves and adults trying to push him towards Santa.  Rachel had at least eight of these pictures and to Randall’s dismay, given several copies to his parents and Ashley.  Also walking around by himself was out of the question because every adult and security officer would take him to the lost and found until someone came to pick him up.  Buying any kind of movie was a task because the cashiers wouldn’t take his I.D. and he was always asked if he needed assistance everywhere he went.

            Walking into the costume store, Ashley went ahead and started to search for an assortment of costumes for Randall to wear.  Being the size of a kid did have its perks for this time of year.  Having the largest assortment of outfits made being anything for Halloween possible.  Looking through the costumes, Randall found a few that he really liked.  The first one he came upon was an assassin’s creed outfit with plastic hidden blades.  He also found a batman, musketeer, magician, and ironman costumes that Randall thought might be a good idea.  Unfortunately, Ashley and Rachel had other things in mind for him.

            Feeling someone grab his hand, Randall looked up to see Rachel starting to drag him to the other side of the store.  Arriving on the other side of the store, they find Ashley holding a ton of costumes in her arms while standing in front of the dressing room.

“We found some costumes for you to wear, but we can’t decide which one would fit you the best.”

“So I’m going to have to be your personal dress up doll for all of these costumes?” said an annoyed Randall.

“Only until we find the one that fits you the best, but until then we better get started!”

“Fine, give me the first costume already.”

            With this Randall went through one of the longest thirty minutes of his life.  He did say that Ashley could pick out the costumes, but he wished that they would have picked some cooler ones.  Every time he would come out of the dressing room, he would be met with either awes or giggles as his sister and best friend would laugh at his expense.  Randall ended up dressing up as a panda, angel, ninja, mummy, and even a vampire but Ashley still couldn’t choose.

“Do I really have to wear this one?”

“Come on out shorty.”

“Guess I don’t have a choice.”

“It’s perfect!” squealed Ashley as she stood up to go and take a closer look.

            The outfit was really simple yet in Ashley’s mind fit Randall like a glove.  She had chosen a unique white wolf costume.  The only things that Randall had to wear a couple of items including; a pair of white wolf ears, fangs that could be stuck on your canine teeth, and a white tail that had an electronic weight sensor that ran underneath the pants that went inside your shoe.  This sensor made it to where every time you put pressure on it, the tail in the back would wag.

“It looks good on you bro.”

“Does that mean I’m done trying on outfits now?”

“Yes, you can take a break while we go and find Ashley a costume.”

“Ok, if you need be I’ll be over here reading these magazines.”

            After going up to the cashier to pay for his costume, Randall decided to wait for the girls while skimming through the magazines.  Nothing of interest would catch his eye, but then again he figured that these magazines must have been in this place since it was created.  Sensing that something was coming up behind him, Randall looked over his shoulder to see his sister wearing a werewolf mask.

“You better watch out because I’m in the mood for puppy tonight!”

            Without skipping a beat, Randall motioned for his sister to come closer and look at his magazine.  Wondering what it could be, Rachel took a step forward and leaned down to see what her brother was pointing to.  Rolling up the magazine, Randall playfully swatted the top of Rachel’s head.

“Bad doggie, you do not puppies.”

“But just a little one please?”

“It’s not going to happen.”

“Fine then have it your way.  Ashley wants you to come over to the dressing room.”

“Ok, I’m on my way.”

Heading towards the back with his sister, they stopped in front of the dressing rooms.

“Are you guys out there?”

“Yeah it’s us, are you going to come out?”

“Can you come here for a second Randall?”

“Sure why not.”

            Once Randall was close to the curtain, a hand shot out and gently dragged him inside. When Randall was finally inside he found Ashley sitting down in front of him.  Even sitting down Ashley was still over a head taller than Randall was but he was use to this.

“So, what do you think?”

“Trying to be foxy this Halloween?”

“…”

“Ok, my bad lame joke but it still looks good on you.”

            While Randall was going to be a wolf for Halloween, Ashley decided that she would be the fox.  Her outfit was basically the same except her ears were red with black tips, and her tail was red with a white tip.

“Thanks, I wanted to hear what you thought about it.”

“And why do I have to be in here to tell you?”

“Some guys just came into the store and I didn’t want them to see me wearing this.”

“Say no more I understand.  Since we have already chosen our costumes do you want to tell Rachel to meet up with us at 8 o’clock to leave this place?  I still want to take you out to eat alone before we go home.”

“Ok, I’ll tell Rachel of our plans.”

 

 

            After taking the costume off, Ashley went up to register to buy her costume.  After making plans to meet back up in an hour, Randall and Ashley made their way up to the food court.

“You don’t have to keep wearing that costume you know.”

“I know, I just don’t want to have to carry it around in a bag.  Besides, being the size of a kid and being near Halloween means that I can get away with this type of stuff.”

“Well I think that it’s adorable.”

“You mean handsome, and yes I look good in anything that I wear.”

“Hmm, what are you up for?”

“I think that Sherries sounds nice to me.”

            Sherries was your normal dinner that served either a meal, or you could just get a burger and fries.  Upon entering the restaurant they were met with an overly happy waitress named Vicky.  Vicky was a kind enough waitress but she made the wrong first impression on Randall.

“Party of two tis evening?”

“Yes, can we get a booth instead of a table?”

“Awe, are you taking out your big sister for Halloween?  That’s just down right sweet.  Come on and follow me, I’ll get you two situated.”

            Feeling Randall’s annoyance, Ashley grabbed his hand and made him follow her to their booth.  Upon getting there Vicky took their drink orders and said she would be right back with the menus.

“I do not like this waitress already.”

“Come on and lighten up.  She’s only trying to be nice.”

“She is treating me like a kid.”

“But you…”

“Sorry it took me so long darlings, but I brought your menus.  I’ll be back in a second to take your order.”

            The Randall’s dismay, Vicky had handed him a kids menu with a coloring sheet and a package of crayons.

“As I have said, she is TREATING me like a kid.”

“Didn’t you say earlier that you could get away with these things because of your appearance?”

“Fine but it doesn’t mean that I have to act the part.”

            While Randall was looking through Ashley’s menu, Ashley was busy coloring in the picture that Randall refused to.  After deciding what to get, they waited for their waitress to return.

“How can I get for you two?”

“I’ll take a Caesar salad with grilled chicken dinner with green beans and apples.”

“Ok, and what should can I get you sweetie?”

“I’ll talk a Swiss and mushroom burger with a large side of fries.”

“That’s an awfully big order, why don’t you try and get something off of our kids menu?”

“Ma’am, I am grateful for your concern but I want a Swiss and mushroom burger with a large side of fries please.”

“Well, I can’t argue with a man that knows what he wants.  I’ll be right back with your order tiger.”

            With Vicky leaving the table, Randall looked back at Ashley with the look of victory in his eyes.  Ashley on the other hand was trying her hardest to suppress a laugh.

“What’s so funny?”

“You were trying to look serious while wearing that outfit.  I mean seriously, we both know that you will not finish that meal anyways.”

“That is what you think.  I’ll finish it and get dessert.”

            Despite Randall’s best effort, he was only able to finish half of his burger and only a handful of fries.  After leaving a fair tip, they made their way to meet up with Rachel to catch the bus home.  Deciding that Randall deserves some privacy, she went ahead inside her house to wait for her brother to return.  Arriving back at Ashley’s doorstep, she turned around and got on her knees to be closer to Randall’s level.

“I had a really great time tonight.” said Ashley brushing the hair out of her eyes.

“Except for our waitress I would agree that tonight was almost perfect.”

“I still have one more surprise for you though.”

“Really what could it be?”

“I gave Rachel the money to buy this birthday present while we were having dinner.  I hope you like it.  Happy Birthday!”  With this Ashley grabbed a box out of her bag and gave it to him.

“I wonder what could be inside.” and with this he found a pair of sneakers.  They were a special pair of Nikes that was black and yellow with lights that lit up with every step.

“I love it actually, but I also got a surprise for you too but mine is more of a secret.”

“What is it?”

“Come closer, someone might be listening.”

            As Ashley started to lean down to hear whatever it was Randall had to tell her, she got a surprise that she wasn’t expecting.  Once Ashley was close enough, Randall stood up on his tip toes while grabbing her head and locked their lips together.  What seemed like minutes was actually seconds as they finally broke contact.

“I hope you had a great day to day.”

“More than you will ever now.” Ashley replied after snapping out of her daze.

“Well, I guess that we have something to look forward to for the dance on Friday.  I better be heading home now.  Have sweet dreams.”

“I love you and can’t wait to see you tomorrow.”

“I can’t either.  I love you too.”

            With this Randall went back to his house thinking of what the dance this Friday was going to have in store for him.

Chapter End Notes:

The Halloween dance is coming up next so stay tuned.

Please leave a review of what you think, what you would like to see, and if you want this story to continue.