- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Thanks for all of the feed back and enjoy!

            After saying good bye to Randall Ashley made her way into the girl’s locker room.  Luckily for her the locker room ceilings where at least eleven feet tall so that she only needed to worry the doorways.  Even though Ashley had made many friends throughout her two years in high school, she still couldn’t change in front of other people.  She didn’t look that bad and had a full figure but she was self-conscious about what the other girls might think of her.  She knew that some were jealous while others thought that she was a freak, but that didn’t matter because Randall didn’t see her that way at all.

I wouldn’t say that gym is my least favorite class, but it does cause me to worry.  I’ve known Randall since we were kids and I know that he tends to get carried away.  After being friends for the past ten years I’ve seen how fast he can react to anything.  Seriously when we would play tag it would get to the point to where I couldn’t touch him.  The only way I would win(which I always did) was to wait for him to tire himself out.  Even though he will never admit it he doesn’t have a lot of stamina.

After getting dressed for gym Ashley made her way to the girls’ side of the gymnasium.  Because the gym classes ranged from fifty to sixty people, the girls would be on one side of the gym while the guys did a different activity on the other side.  In order for the guys not to get excited over the girls, and the girls not flirt with the guys a giant curtain was always used to separate the two parts of class.

Even if Ashley was a little shy, she was probably the best female athlete in the school.  Her size helped with this, but Randall always forced her to go all out and have fun whenever they would play anything.  Of course Randall would always dominate the first five to eight minutes of most games but then he would start to slow down until they had to take a break.

Luckily for Ashley the game that they got to play today was hockey.  This was played by using a foam ball and giant Q-tips to knock a ball into a goal.  As a general rule Ashley liked to play the part of goalie because it allowed her to be serious yet non-physical with the other girls.  The only bad part was the fact that the other team usually got an extra five players just to make the odds fairer.

I wonder what the boys are doing today.  I hope it isn’t anything to dangerous, but then again Randall would just laugh off my doubts and say that he’s a lot tougher than he looks.  That is true but I know that the other guys don’t know when to slow down.

“Ashley heads up!” came a call from one of her teammates as the ball comes whizzing past Ashley’s knee.

“My bad, I wasn’t focusing.” Ashley pleaded with her teammates after the score became 1-0.

  After that point the game heated up.  Ashley would block nine out of every ten which lead to the opposing team getting a total of five points.  This wouldn’t seem impressive if it wasn’t for the fact that the other teams goalie only blocked one out of every three giving Ashley’s team the victory for the day with a score of 6-5.

            Ashley was a natural for this game because she could nearly cover half of the ball with just her palm, and throw it to her teammate at the other side of the field.  The game wasn’t that easy to win though because the other team’s offense greatly outnumbered Ashley’s own.  They didn’t always win but it was still daunting to the other girls just to go up against Ashley.

            Being on the girls’ side meant that they could get changed and ready for the next class ten minutes earlier than the boys could.  After waiting for most of the girls to leave the locker room, Ashley quickly put on her clothes and made her way back to the gym.  When she got there she sees Aaron.

            Aaron was a boy a year younger than both Randall and Ashley, but was one of their trusted friends.  They had met eight years back when they were playing in the park.  While playing on the swings Randall noticed some commotion in the corner of the playground.  Going off to investigate they find Aaron being bullied by a group of little kids.  After Randall ran the little kids off we got to know Aaron a little better.

            Aaron had just moved here from up north when his father got some kind of new job.  Aaron hadn’t changed much over the years except for growing taller.  He was around 6’1” with really short black hair and blue eyes.  He was around 265 lbs. and was always picked on because of his weight.  Of course he always liked to hang out with us because we didn’t judge someone based off of appearances.  He had a love of animal and planned on going to college to become a veterinarian.  He always had either a book on biology, chemistry, or animals and was known as a science guru.  He had a great since of humor and seemed to be one of the few people capable of stopping Randall when he wanted to go and do something that he couldn’t.

“Hey Aaron, what have you guys been doing today?”

“I haven’t been doing much just walking around the floor since I didn’t want to play today?”

“What game did you guys play?”

“They are still playing razel dazel football, but Randall’s team is winning as far as I know.”

“You know that he shouldn’t be playing that game!”

“I know but you know how he is when it comes to any form of competition.  He just likes to prove that he can do anything anybody else can.”

“Alright but that doesn’t mean I have to like it, you guys must have been playing for the last thirty minutes now.”

“I know what you are thinking about, but the game is made so that you are only playing six to fifteen seconds at a time so Randall should be okay.”

            After their short conversation both Aaron and Ashley were about the head back towards their stuff when a noise broke their concentration.  One that Ashley hoped that she wouldn’t have to here today and that was a scream from the other side of the curtain.

Chapter End Notes:

Please rate and tell me what you think of the story so far.  Don't worry because this story is far from over, just remember that this is the beginning.  I'll keep writing as long as there are people who will review this.

Remember no reviews, no chapters.

P.S. Sorry about the cliffhanger.