- Text Size +
The rest of the day had gone by very slowly. After the accident in the hallway, Randall seemed to have shut down. He seemed to be constantly depressed and would remain quite whenever Ashley tried to start up a conversation. It was a surprise to Ashley that Randall was leaning against the wall underneath her locker as she got out of her last class of the day.

“Ready to go?” Randall stated calmly as Ashley retrieved her book bag.

After silently agreeing Ashley continued to follow Randall as they made their way back to their house. After walking behind and awaiting for Randall to talk to her, Ashley had started to take in her surroundings until something suddenly hit her knee. Looking down to see Randall trying to stand back up, Ashley realized that she had accidentally ran into him and was now trying to help Randall up.

“Ashley, we need to talk about what happened today.” said Randall as he leaned close to the wooden fence behind him.

“I am so sorry about what happened with Becky today, but if I would have known.“ Ashley tried to say as she knelt to get closer to Randall before a small hand gently brushed the side of her face.

“Ashley, I just want you to know that what happened in the hallway today wasn’t the reason that I’ve been strange all day. I am truly sorry and hope that you will forgive me.”

“For what, it was my fault in the first place.” whispered Ashley as she took in Randall’s expression.

“No, the reason that I went off today was because of Alexksandr, but that gives me no right to take it out on you. I mean you are the most important person in my life right now, and because of something else I yelled at you. I promised myself that I would never try to hurt you and because of a little stress I can easily break it!” said Randall as he started to recall the day’s events.

“I’m okay, I really am but I was worried about you though. But can you at least tell me why Alexksandr has got you stressed out though?” said Ashley as she started to get red.

“I know that I’m going to sound crazy especially with the fact that I’ve only known him for a day. The fact is that we are freakishly similar Ashley. I’ve never met someone who looks, acts, and also thinks like I do. What I saw today made me realize that one day I could snap. I could say or do something that is just as cold hearted. Look at the Becky incident, because of someone else the first person I lash out at is you.”

As Randall was stating this, Ashley grew another shade of red as her breathing slightly increased. Looking like Randall was about to become stressed out again, Ashley scooped him up in her arms and held him in a passionate kiss. As the kiss lasted longer, Ashley started to feel funny. She went another shade of red and her breathing was now apparent to Randall.

“Don’t worry, you two may seem similar but trust me. You are too caring and kind to be anything like him. I will always be here for you and… and…”

With this Ashley started to feel dizzy and there seemed to be a fire in her chest that was quickly spreading to the rest of her body. Placing one hand against the fence, and letting Randall go, spots started to cover her entire field of vision. Looking down at Randall, Ashley could see the panic in his eyes but the words that where coming out of his mouth didn’t make sense. Feeling the heat buildup, Ashley didn’t notice her arm give up and she slowly fell to the ground. Closing her eyes Ashley wished that the burning would go away as she painfully drifted off to darkness.


Ashley’s sleep didn’t seem too last long as she was woken up by a low beeping noise. Trying to fight back the drowsiness, Ashley rubbed her eyes as they started to focus on the dark hospital room. Only one light was on in the single room and to her surprise, Randall was trying to push something into her had. Once she saw that it was a pitcher of water, she realized how dry her throat was. Gulping down the pitcher in a matter of seconds, Ashley noticed a pile of rags beside her bed with a bucket of water. She then noticed how warm she felt even though Randall was slightly shivering. What caught her eye the most was how Randall looked.

On his face was one of the biggest smiles she had seen, but what caught her attention was his eyes. Randall’s eyes were a dark red. He had black bags under his eyes and under closer inspection Ashley noticed that his hands were shaking. His hair was in a mess but he seemed happy. Wondering what time it was, Ashley looked over at a clock and saw that it was around three o’clock in the morning. Looking back at Randall, Ashley was about to ask him what happened until Randall grabbed her face and started to kiss her with more energy that what he seemed capable of.

What didn’t seem right was how his lips and hands felt. They somehow felt smaller than they should have. Ashley could hear the beeping on her monitor increase as the kiss went on. Ashley thought that this could go on forever until the door to the room opened as a nurse came in. The nurse waited patiently until the moment was over to check and see if anything was wrong. It was at this time that Ashley noticed that the hands that held hers seemed to slacken.

Looking at Randall, Ashley noticed that his smile started to fade as his eyes seemed to unfocused. Quickly shaking his head and trying to refocus them, Randall fought to keep his eyes opened as he involuntarily started to lower on top of Ashley.

“No, not yet.” whispered Randall as he forced his eyes open to stare at Ashley.

With his chin finally resting on her chest, Randall fought to keep his eyes opened and looking at Ashley until the fatigue finally won the battle.

Wondering what was had happened, Ashley started to question the nurse as she was putting a blanket over Randall.

“Is he going to be okay?” Ashley asked the petite nurse as she looked down at the slumbering Randall.

“Yeah, he should be fine now that he has finally gone to sleep. It’s a shame that he couldn’t stay up longer though.” said the nurse as she changed out the pitcher of water that was empty.

“What do you mean he can sleep and how long have I been here?” replied Ashley as she gently stroked Randall’s head which seemed smaller than it should be.

“You’ve been asleep for eight days now, and he hasn’t left your side but for a few minutes here and there. He hasn’t slept in those eight days either.” said the nurse taking a seat next to Ashley.

“He’s been awake for eight days!?” said Ashley as she quickly lowered her voice as Randall shifted slightly.

“Why couldn’t you force him to sleep?” whispered Ashley trying not to wake him up.

“We would have tried if any of us could catch him, but we can say that he is protective.” giggled the nurse as she thought back to the previous week.

“Can you at least tell me what’s happened?” whispered Ashley as she gently patted the top of Randall’s head again.

Continuing on the nurse explained that Ashley’s genetic disorder had kicked in again as it naturally does, but there were too many hormones for her body to handle. This caused her body temperature to rise up to over a hundred and seven degrees. This caused her to continuously sweat as the hormones did their job. Randall had been at her side for the last eight days wiping away the sweat and talking to her as she slept. The worst part of all of this wasn’t Randall’s sweet stubbornness over the ordeal, but was the fact that she had now grown to an even 9’4” tall. The other bad part was that her bust also grew a little. If she was a normal girl, Ashley would be supporting an F cup easily.

After hearing the entire story, Ashley decided to take a little nap and wait for Randall to finally wake up again. She definitely had to find a way to make up the last eight days for Randall. She first had to find out what Randall thought of her new size.