- Text Size +
The rest of the class went by as Mr. Thacker finished up his lesson. The majority of the small talk in class was about the new kid who didn’t seem to talk to anyone. In Randall’s opinion the guy seemed to be bored at best and would just stare at anyone who tried to start a conversation with him. As the bell rang Alexksandr was the first one to collect his things and get out the door. The rest of the class left sluggishly not wanting to leave Mr. Thacker’s class to go to someone else’s class. After he finished packing his book bag, Randall turned to Ashley to ask a question.
“What do you think of the new kid?”
“I think he’s cute but he seems shy to me.”
“I don’t know it seems hard to read this guy.”
“Well I’m sure that the two of you are going to get along great.” Ashley said as she made her way to the door.
Next up was Mrs. Fisher’s class again which wasn’t that bad as they had to start reading a new book called ‘The Boy in the Striped Pajamas’. It was fairly interesting and they were given a two page assignment on the book in three weeks. Randall hated all writing assignments, but he might finish this one early because he was already passed halfway through the book. The class ended a little sooner that either Randal or Ashley would have liked but the next class was Randall’s favorite.
Separating to go to their respective locker rooms, Randall met back up with Aaron as they started to change. Getting changed into a pair of silver shorts and a silver tight fitting tank top, Randall was ready to conquer any sport that they were going to play today. Aaron had changed into his trusted pair of cargo shorts and a superhero t-shirt as they noticed the new kid arriving on the other side of the locker room. Deciding to see what this guy was like, Randall started walking towards the new kid.
“So how do you like it around here Alex?”
“My name is Alexksandr and I could really care less but I would like to see what we are doing in this class.” Alexksandr said as he finished tightening his shoes.
Standing up to face Randall, Alexksandr was a six inches taller which caused him to smirk because it was the first time in his life that he was actually taller than someone else his age. To most it would seem as if he was trying to intimidate the smaller kid but in fact both were trying to see what the other one was made of.
“Anyway would you be so kind as to show me the way to the gym?”
“Okay just follow me Alex.”
“It’s Alexksandr and I believe that I haven’t received the pleasure of knowing your name.”
“It’s Randall and the big guy here is named Aaron.”
“Hello, nice to meet you.” Aaron said reaching out his hand.
“Sure it is.” With this Alexksandr turned without shaking hands and followed Randall out the door.
Once out into the gym they were met with the same arrogant jerk that always chose the activity for the day. Standing with a crowd around him, probably gloating about one of his accomplishments stood Jason.
“Just like in football, today we are going to learn about teamwork ladies. We are going to be playing dodge ball, and I will be choosing the teams.”
After saying this Jason started picking out the two teams. To Randall it seemed a little unfair because Jason was choosing all the athletic jocks to be on his team, but it didn’t matter to Randall because he hardly ever got out. Upon coming up to Randall and Alexksandr, Jason couldn’t stop from holding back a grin.
“I see that now we have thing one and thing two in our class today. It’s so cute how the little kiddies try to dress the same with opposite colors.”
“Thing one and Thing two?” Alexksandr asked looking down at Randall.
“It’s an insult referring to a little kid’s book making fun of your height.” Randall said as he noticed a change in the way Aleksandra’s eyes looked.
“The three of you can get on the other team so that we can start these game kiddies.”
“And what gives an idiot like you the authority to choose the teams when you are putting them in your favor?”
“What did you say you little twerp!” Jason almost yelled walking up to Alexksandr.
“We you heard me you mindless twit and I will not repeat myself.” Said a collected Alexksandr not moving from his spot.
“Do you know who you are talking to?”
“I really don’t care, but you have yet to answer my previous question.”
“It’s because I’m the biggest and strongest in this room and I’ve led this school to two football champion ships.”
“And that is supposed to impress me? In my country it isn’t the biggest or the strongest that leads but the one that knows how to use what they have. You might do well to remember this.”
“And is that a threat you little piece of sh”
“How about we start this game before I fall asleep of boredom Jason.” Randall butted in before anything bad could happen.
“What are you afraid that I might beat up your little friend and you too?” Jason said as he turned and stood way to close to Randall.
“No, but I would be afraid of what Ashley would do if she happened to hear what you are about to do. But then again I’m sure that neither of us would like a repeat of Halloween, or at least you don’t anyway.”
The comment worked as Jason thought for a couple seconds before turning around and giving orders to start setting up the gym for the game. As Alexksandr walked to the opposite side of the wall to get ready to start, Randall turned to Aaron.
“I think that I like this kid already.”
“I wouldn’t be too sure, he just seems cold to me and I don’t think that you should get too involved with him.”
“I still don’t think that he is that bad, but hey let’s give him a chance.” Randall said as he ran off to join Alexksandr.
“So Alex, have you ever played dodge ball before?”
“Just don’t hold me back Randy” Alexksandr replied as the whistle blew signaling the start of the game.