- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Not my best chapter, but I had to get it out of the way so that I can move on to the next thing that's going to happen in the story line.
Randall was never a fan of lifting weights, mostly because he was either too small or would be made fun of because of his physical limits. He could never go alone because someone would think he was too young to work out and would get hurt. Since Ashley and Aaron were accompanying him, Randall had no reserves on trying to get in a good workout.
The gym at the YMCA was set up into sections. One corner was set up for cardio equipment like treadmills and exercise bikes. The other corner was covered in mats for yoga and the other side was filled with weight lifting equipment. Deciding to check out their measurements first then work out, Randall led the way to the height and weight scales. Stepping on the scale first was Aaron. With Ashley checking the height and Randall checking the weight, Aaron measured out at 260lbs and 6’1”. After congratulating Aaron on losing five pounds, Randall was up next. Standing at 3’6” and weighting 45lbs, Randall was content with his results. Standing on Aaron’s shoulders Randall measured Ashley standing at 8’2” and weighting 350lbs. Ashley seemed disappointed to growing another two inches while Randall told her that it was ok.
The first machine that they went to was the bicep curling machine. Deciding to “set the bar” Randall was the first to try out the machine. Getting in ten repetitions at ten pounds Randall tried at his maximum 30. Aaron had a maximum of 120lbs while Ashley had an astonishing 175lbs. After writing down their results, Randall led them over to the bench press. Aaron decided to take the lead this time with Ashley as the spotter. Aaron ended up only hitting an even 200lbs. With the help of a local trainer, Ashley maxed out at 280lbs while Randall struggled to get the bar back up. Having the lowest results didn’t help to lighten Randall’s mood even though he was the only one to bench his own weight. After trying out several more machines, Ashley decided that the group should cool down by swimming into the pool. After heading to the changing room, Randall and Aaron met back up with Ashley after getting changed.
Being close to the holiday, it was surprising that only a handful of people were actually at the pool. Going to the middle of the pool, Ashley jumped into the 6ft water that only came up to the top of her breasts. Randall took his traditional seat at the edge of the pool dipping his feet into the water watching the other two swim around.. After playing around for several minutes, Aaron got out of the pool to sit beside of his friend.
“Aren’t you going to join your girlfriend in the water?”
“I don’t feel like it right now but I might take a dip in the hot tub later.”
“Come on, you know that you want to.”
“I’ll pretty sure that I don’t want to, besides I got my reasons why I’m not getting in.”
“Like what?”
“Just your regular reasons of not wanting to get wet.”
“That’s not a very good reason so let me give you a hand.” With this Aaron picked Randall up off the ground, much to Randall’s protest, and tossed him into the middle of the pool.
Once Randall landed in the middle of the pool, he started to trash around like crazy as he started to sink. Trying to call for help, Randall took in several mouthfuls of water as panic started to take over him. After what seemed like an eternity, a pair of hands came around his waist to lift him above the surface. Grabbing ahold of this person with a death grip, Randall took a couple seconds to breathe in some desperately needed air. Rubbing the water out of his eyes, he saw that the person who ended up saving him was his girlfriend.
“Can you take me to the edge?” he whispered as he felt his face redden with embarrassment.
“Sure give me a second.” Ashley said as she started to make her way towards the edge.
“Hey man, I had no idea that you couldn’t swim. I’m really sorry.”
“Don’t worry about it I’ll be ok. Just give me a minute.”
“Are you sure you’re going to be ok Randall?” Ashley asked while checking that he was alright.
“Yeah you can let me go now. Anyway, I think I’ll get into the hot tub now to calm down.”
Walking over to the hot tub, Randall tried to get inside until he found a problem. The hot tub was thirty eight inches deep. This meant that it was impossible for Randall to sit down because standing on the seating area meant that the water would be up to his waist. Upon deciding how to best enjoy this Randall was soon joined by Ashley and Aaron. Telling them his dilemma Ashley found a way to remedy this. The way to fix this was for Randall to sit in her lap. Randall thought that this wasn’t too bad because he would be able to enjoy the hot tub while having two pillows to rest his head on.
After everyone had gotten comfortable they started to joke around about how school life was and their plans for the upcoming weeks. As time went on, Randall ended up talking less and seemed to redden after Aaron joked how he looked like a kid on Ashley’s lap. They continued to talk and enjoy each other’s company for an hour before they decided to get out. Upon setting Randall on the ground, they made their way to the locker room until they noticed that Randall wasn’t following. Turning around they saw that Randall had taken a seat nearby with his forearm over his eyes. Rushing over to see what was wrong, Ashley noticed how red his face had become.
“Hey, are you ok?”
“Yeah, I think that I was in there for too long so give me a second.”
After waiting for fifteen minutes, Ashley had Aaron take Randall through the lockers so that he could get changed. Upon coming out of the locker, Randall was trying to hold on to consciousness as he felt extremely tired and dizzy. He did have enough strength to put on his own clothes, but not enough to get out of the locker room. Fearing that Randall was in trouble, Ashley carried him to the medical room in the YMCA. After leaving the room, a nurse came out fifteen minutes later and told them that Randall was just suffering from heat exhaustion and would need to stay cool and get some sleep. Thanking the nurse for her help Ashley ended up carrying Randall out to the car and held him on their way back home. Oblivious to what was going on; Randall had one of the most relaxing sleeps that one could ask for. Making sure not to wake up her boyfriend, Ashley gently carried him back to his house and laid him down in his bed. After taking off his shoes and pants, she covered him up with a blanket and kissed him goodnight as she made her way home.
Later the next day, Randall would discover that he must have fallen asleep at some point and that he would have to make it up to Ashley for cutting their day short.
Chapter End Notes:
Sorry that this chapter wasn't as good as the other ones, but I had to get this one out of the way.