- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Finally finished another chapter that I hope that you guys will enjoy!
Waking up the next day was less than preferable in Randall’s opinion. Trying to figure out his location was Randall’s first priority. Finally waking up enough to open his eyes, Randall looks around to find pink walls and fluffy animals all around the room. Oddly enough, the only thing that was missing was Ashley. Abandoning his attempt to get up because of a massive head ache, Randall recalled the events that led up to this. Ashley ended up bringing him home after she beat up Jason, and probably undressed him after he fell asleep. After hearing extremely loud footsteps coming towards the room, Randall made a vow never to drink at any event that could have spiked drinks.
Upon Ashley entered the room, Randall started to smell a delicious fragrance of toaster pastries. Realizing that he hadn’t ate since lunch since yesterday; his stomach won the match against his migraine.
“You seem extremely upbeat this morning. What time did you wake up?”
“A couple hours ago, but I decided that you could use the extra sleep.”
“Ok, next question is why you don’t seem to have a hangover like I do from the spiked punch yesterday.”
“Something seemed off last night but I didn’t feel any different today.”
“Yet another disadvantage of size I suppose.”
Finishing up his pastry, he asked Ashley to find his clothes and get him something for his headache so that he could get dressed. Upon getting fully dressed, Randall decided to return home with Ashley so that he could get a shower and watch some movies to relax his bruised side for the rest of the day. They decided, against Ashley’s approval, to watch ‘Insidious’. After the first fifteen minutes, Randall thought that this wasn’t a good idea because Ashley never handled scary movies very well. After several scary scenes and nearly breaking Randall’s hand several times, Ashley ended up holding Randall like a teddy bear. This wasn’t too bad considering where his head was resting, but the screams from Ashley still affected his sensitive hearing from the hangover this morning.
“That was enjoyable wasn’t it?”
“Next time I get to decide what we watch. I nearly died of a heart attack several times.”
“Sure, I’ll let you decide the next movie as long as it isn’t a Twilight film.”
“That isn’t fair though.”
“Anyway, next weekend I was planning to head over to the YMCA with Aaron and I was wondering whether you wanted to join us or not.”
“Sure sounds like fun!” With this they decided to meet up with Aaron, and have some fun next weekend at the YMCA.

The week at school was uneventful because Jason was absent for the first three days, and ended up not speaking to anybody after the events of the school dance. Saturday arrived fairly quickly as Randall was in his room preparing bag for his trip in a few hours. Luckily for him, his sides had finally healed up, much to his sister’s dismay. With his reflexes back to what they use to be, Randall was prepared to challenge both Aaron and Ashley to any sport once they got there. Finishing up his bag with an extra set of clothes, a couple towels, and a pair of swimming trunks; Randall was finally finished with his preparations. Setting out, after dodging his sister’s sneak attack, Randall made his way next door to see if Ashley was ready.
Upon reaching the doorstep and knocking, the door opened with his girlfriend bending over in order to get outside. They had decided to make the relationship official that Tuesday at school which didn’t seem to surprise anybody. This came with a comment of ‘finally’ from Aaron, who had been expecting it for a while next. Walking down the street holding hand looked comical to those looking but neither Ashley nor Randall minded any attention that it would bring. Arriving at the park, they were met with Aaron waiting beside his mother’s car. Mrs. Baker had known Ashley and Randall because they were Aaron’s first friends, and didn’t mind giving them a ride to the YMCA. Having a minivan meant that Ashley could set in the back with Randall, while having enough leg room.
Upon arriving and checking in, they agreed to meet Mrs. Baker at six to get a ride back home. The first event that they decided to do was check out the indoor soccer field. Playing in one of the two fields was the middle school’s soccer team. Since Randall knew the coach, being a friend of his father and also the man who coached him in soccer, he struck up a bet that they could take on the soccer team in a ten minute game. The game was split up into two five minute halves with Ashley on defense, Randall as the Striker, and Aaron playing goalie. Knowing that his team couldn’t win with such a short game, the coach decided to have fun and record the game for future tips on what his team needed to work on.
Not knowing what Randall was capable of, the team left only three people on their side of the field and left the rest to try and get past Ashley. Needless to say they were in for a surprise as Randall took off with the ball and headed for their goal. The first kid Randall came up to tried to kick it away from him which resulted in him falling down as Randall twisted past him. The next kid laughing at his teammate tried to block Randall from moving forward. This didn’t stop Randall as he kicked the ball above the kids head. While the kid was distracted with the ball he didn’t see Randall slide under him and regain control of the ball. The third player being smarter that the others tried a slide tackles to get the ball. Randall countered by changing directions as the kid started his slide leaving only the goalie in his way. Aiming for the top left of the goal Randall kicked his ball pass the goalie into the goal. Because the goalie was still in middle school, he wouldn’t be able to reach the top corner because it was too high.
Randall had been one of the top scorers while he was on the soccer team in middle school. He had on average scored three goals a game because what he lacked in power, he made up for in accuracy whenever he kicked the ball. The game ended after another nine minutes with a score of 8-0. Every time they would get their hands on the ball, Ashley proved difficult to get around. All together they only got two shots that were shot hastily because of an advancing giant girl. Saying good bye to his former coach and the team, Randall led the others towards the weight room for a quick workout.
Chapter End Notes:
Please review and tell me what you think.
If only Ashley was taller and Randall shorter --> http://glkthread.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/&offset=24#/d4b97kh