- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The day's events so far from Amy's perspective

Amy walked out of her room and bounded down the stairs smiling, she trotted over to where her mother was sitting ad said “OK, I’m ready to go!”

Beth looked up at her daughter and smiled “well aren’t we in a good mood today?”

Amy nodded “yeah, I can’t say what it is but there’s just something sooo special about today!”

Beth laughed and said “Ok then. So do I need to pick you up after class today?”

Amy shook her head “Nope I’m gonna go help Lauren pick out some new shoes and hang out at the mall!”

Beth nodded and said “OK that’s fine just be home by six Beverly is coming over for dinner and I would appreciate it if all three of you girls would be there ok?”

Amy rolled her eyes but agreed.

After her classes Amy got into her friend Laurens Jeep and together they headed to the mall. As they drove Lauren asked “You seem distracted today what’s up?”

Amy smiled “I just sort of feel like everything is going my way today is all.” she answered smiling

Lauren rolled her eyes “You know I don’t think I’ve ever asked you a question that you didn’t have some cryptic ass response to!” she complained

Amy frowned for a moment then said “It’s a few things actually, but right now I’m excited because we get to get some new shoes! I actually talked my mom into giving me an advance on my allowance so I can afford three pairs! And I’m a little distracted because I’m not really sure what kind of shoes will be the most fun.”

Lauren pulled her jeep into a parking spot and shook her head “OK but first I really want to get something to eat OK?” she said with a soft laugh

After eating the two girls sat in the shoe store, Amy had picked a pair of pink, closed toe high heels with thick platform soles, a pair of black ankle boots , and was looking at a pair of little black flats, and another similar pair in blue. Lauren had bought a pair of grey ankle boots and was somewhat impatiently waiting for Amy to make a decision “You know you should really buy a new pair of sneakers, those ones you have now stink!

Amy rolled her eyes, “they’re my favorites, besides you can only smell them when I take them off.” she said as she decided on the black pair.

Lauren rolled her eyes and waited for Amy to finish paying for her shoes.

Waving goodbye to Lauren Amy skipped happily into the house. Her cousin Beverly was sitting on the couch and stared at her for a moment when she came in. Amy felt a brief moment of worry, but then Beverly had smiled at her and gave her a slight wink. Amy paused for a moment wondering what to make of that then bounded up the stairs.

She slipped out of her clothes and laid her bra on her bed, then she got dressed again, wearing the shirt she had ‘borrowed’ from her stepbrother. She smiled as she walked out of her room, she just couldn’t wait to try on her new shoes.

Chapter End Notes:

It's almost dinner time, will our narrator be discovered before the women go to bed?