- Text Size +
~Dyllan~ 7:03
I shut off the engine of my truck, and opened the door. Ahead of me the neon lights of the movie theater shone into the night, illuminating the parking lot. I walked into the the theater. I bought two tickets for the seven thirty showing of The Dragon Chronicles, Part 7, then I sat down to wait. Fifteen minutes later, Kelly walked in. She was wearing skinny jeans and those tan boots with the soft inner lining,( I couldn't remember the name for the life of me) as well as a deep purple V neck shirt and a denim long sleeve jacket. Her long brown hair flowed down her back, and she had a jade fish pendant around her neck.
She looked around, and soon saw me sitting at a table near the wall.
"Hey, you're early," she said, smiling warmly.
"I could say the same about you."
"Did you already buy the tickets? I don't want you to think I'm a freeloader, and make you buy everything."
I smiled, and replied, "Don't worry about it. I got them already, and no, I won't let you pay me back."
"Well if that's the case, at least let me buy us some snacks." She said, as we walked to the snack counter. I allowed her to pay for a medium popcorn, two bottled water, and a box of snow caps. "Ready?" She asked, then led me to the ticket checking booth. We were directed to Theater 12, and walked in. We sat down in the middle of a row near the back. I was reaching for my water, when I accidentally knocked the snow caps off the armrest and onto the floor.
"Crap, hold on, I'll get them." I said bending over. As I groped blindly for the box, I felt an irregularly shaped object. I picked it up, and saw that it was a metal bracelet, with a small figure attached to it. "What is that Dyllan?" asked Kelly,
"It's some kind of bracelet, but I've never seen anything like it before. I'll turn it in to the lost and found after the movie." I said, but was cut off as take lights dimmed in preparation for the movie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The green dragon roared in triumph after casting down the huge orange dragon, then he flew off into the blue sky. The credits began to roll, and we stood up. "That was the best one yet! I can't wait to see Part 8!" Kelly exclaimed. I nodded, and led her out of the cinema. "Oh crap, I forgot to call my parents and ask them to come get me." she said, frowning.
"That's okay, I can give you a ride, that is, if you don't mind." I said.
"Great! Thanks, I really appreciate it." She replied, smiling. I brought her to my truck, a beat up '99 Ford, and opened the door for her. "Thank you, what a gentleman you are! Not many guys think to do things like that." Kelly laughed pleasantly. I got in, started the engine, and drove off. We talked about school, and what we were going to do over the weekend. Her parents were going on vacation to Las Vegas, allowing her to have the house to herself. I was planing on getting a head start on my history report. I dropped her off outside her house. "Thanks for a wonderful evening, Dyllan." She said, then walked inside.

I drove home, parked, and marveled at how amazing the night had been. I opened the garage door, and noticed one of the mounting brackets on the motor housing had broken loose, allowing the motor to bang against the ceiling. I made a mental note to tell my dad about it in the morning. I walked inside, and up to my room. Dad was asleep, and Mom was probably almost home from work, she works the evening shift at Best Buy. I got changed for bed, and was about to toss my jeans in the hamper, when I felt something in the pocket. I pulled out the bracelet I had found in the theater, finally getting a chance to examine it. It looked like a strip of metal, painted black, with what looked like gold symbols inlaid into it. The figure was a tiny silver man, wearing a suit of medieval armor, holding a blue shield. I put it on, thinking I could pass it off as a Pittsburgh Steelers fan bracelet. Without thinking, I began one of my fantasies. At school, or anywhere but home, I acted like a regular guy, but at home, in private, I have a secret. I'm a closet voraphile, and no one even remotely suspected it. I frequently visit all the usual sites, but I really connected with this guy on Deviantart, his name is KeTo9238. He and I often have long and drawn out RP's, but that's beside the point. I imagined myself about an inch tall, in a bucket of popcorn. My world shakes, as a gargantuan hand picks up a handful of popcorn along with me. I peer between the massive fingers, and see Kelly's face, mouth wide open, rushing towards me. I fall into her enormous mouth, and get tossed around as she chews the popcorn, grinding it to a pulp. Her tongue ripples like a titanic serpent beneath me, positioning the mass of food in front of her throat. My view tips as she swallows, and everything goes dark. Literally. I black out.
When I wake up, I'm on a seemingly endless plain of a hard, brown, shiny surface. In the distance, I see what looks to be a giant version of my dresser, and suddenly everything seems to make sense. The bracelet allowed me to shrink! The floor shook, and I fell down. It was the garage door opener! Mom must be home! I heard a distant rumble, and I looked up. A massive grey model airplane fell end over end towards me. I shield my face, hoping it would miss me. I was smashed into the ground, as the plane shattered against the hardwood floor. Slowly I realized that I was still alive. I open my eyes and find that not only was I alive, I was unhurt! I felt a tremor in the floor. A few seconds later, it happened again. It was my mom walking towards my room! She would know something was up if she saw my truck in the driveway but didn't see me in bed. I had to think fast. If the bracelet could make me small, it could also make me big, or so I hoped. I thought about becoming regular sized, and suddenly I was. I was in my pajamas standing on the remains of my favorite model plane, but at least I wasn't an inch tall. My mom opened the door, and stuck her head in. "Everything okay? I heard a crash, and was afraid someone had broken in!"
"I'm fine mom, my plane fell, that's all. That garage opener needs a new mounting bracket. I'll tell dad in the morning."
"Oh, okay. How was your date sweetie?"
"It was great, thanks mom."
"Good. I'm glad, night Dyllan."
"Night mom."

As I laid in bed, I thought about what had happened. The bracelet had reacted to my fantasy. I knew what I wanted to do, but was it a good idea? I said to myself, 'to hell with it this is a once in a millennium opportunity! I can't waste it!'
I got out of bed, threw on a tee shirt and jeans, shoved a spare set of clothes in a backpack, and grabbed my phone. I quickly wrote a note to my parents, saying I was going to a friend's house for a while, and that I would call them when I was on my way home. I left the note on the kitchen counter, where it hopefully wouldn't be found until morning. If my plan worked, I wouldn't be home until tomorrow afternoon.