- Text Size +
Hey, my name is Dyllan. I'm 17 and a junior at the Fayette county Public High School. I'm a normal enough guy, plenty of good friends, good grades, well liked, you get the idea.
It was a Friday, before a three-day-weekend, and I was walking to my locker before lunch when my best friend, Nick ran over. "Dyllan! How was that AP biology test? I have it period seven, and I still don't think I'm ready."
"Don't worry, it's easy. Let's go, I'm starving." I said, as I grabbed my lunch, and made my way through the locker room.

The cafeteria was a loud and crowded place, with students from all grades talking and laughing during their all too brief intermission between classes. I sat at my usual table with Nick, and opened my lunch. I happened to glance across the room and saw her. She was by far the hottest girl in the entire school, as well as the most popular. Her name was Kelly Thompson, and I had had a crush on her since I first saw her during freshman year. I had been told by a reliable source (meaning Nick) that she was as of last week, single. I was done waiting quietly in the shadows, I was feeling especially brave, and I made up my mind. "Nick, remember what you told me last Thursday?"
"About the pop quiz in social studies, or about the bad mac'n'cheese that gave Ricky food poising?" he asked.
"About Kelly Thompson breaking up with Elliot O'Connor. Have you heard if she is dating anyone else?"
"Are you frickin kidding me?!? Please tell me you aren't actually going after her! She will bite your head off before you even finish asking her number!"
'Oh, if only...' I thought, then pulled my head out of the clouds, and said to Nick: "You bet I am. I've told you before, I have wanted to do this for two years. Today is the day. I'm goin' for it. Make sure no one takes my lunch."
I stood up, rolled my shoulders, and walked over to her table. "Who the hell are you?" asked one of the stuck up girls sitting at the table. These bratty snobs always seemed to congregate around the popular kids, thinking that if they were around the 'cool' kids,they would become cool by association. I ignored her comment, and walked straight to Kelly.
"Hey, aren't you in one of my classes? Yeah, you are! You're... Dyllan, right? Did you need something?" she asked.
I nodded, "Just wanted to know if you wanted to see a movie later."
The other girls at the table burst out laughing, but were speechless when Kelly smiled and nodded her head. "Sounds great! Lets say, seven thirty, west Fayette Cinema, to watch The Dragon Chronicles, Part 7."
"Awesome, see you then." I said, amazed.
"Here's my cell number, call me if you need a ride." She said, still smiling.
I walked back to where Nick and the rest of the table were gaping at me.
"Dude, did you seriously just ask out Kelly Thompson, and get her number?!?!" Nick asked incredulously.
I held up the slip of paper that proclaimed to the table that I was victorious. I sat down and was congratulated by all my friends.

~Kelly's perspective~
I was eating my salad at my normal spot in the cafeteria, when Lana, one of the girls that follows me everywhere, hoping to become popular, snorted in disgust. "Who the hell are you?" She asked contemptuously. I looked up, and my heart skipped a beat. Dyllan, the guy I've wanted to date forever, was standing at the table. I knew what he wanted, but I had to play dumb, and stay calm, if I wanted to keep my reputation.
"Hey, aren't you in one of my classes? Yeah, you are! You're... Dyllan, right? Did you need something?" I asked struggling to keep the excitement out of my voice.
Just wanted to know if you wanted to see a movie later." He said, and I nearly fainted.
The air headed brats at the table laughed condescendingly, but were silenced when I nodded and said,
"Sounds great! Lets say, seven thirty, West Fayette Cinema, to watch The Dragon Chronicles, Part 7."
"Awesome, see you then." He said in reply. I gave him my number, to the amazement of everyone else. He walked away, and the girls jabbered excitedly. "Like, wow, I can't believe you, like just did that! He might be kind of hot, but he's a nobody!" Lana exclaimed. I didn't care, I was on top of the world.
Chapter End Notes:
Chapter two coming soon!!