- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Ken had not led a very fortunate life. In fact, bad luck seemed to pervade every facet of his life.  Maybe it was just a negative outlook, but he almost felt cursed. He lost every coin flip and game of chance, tripped and stumbled over things everyone else was unaware of, was stopped by every red light there and back to any destination, and every electronic he touched seemed to malfunction and break as soon as he laid hands on it. His parents split up some years ago, pets died without warning, and other woes befell the otherwise normal and affable boy.

Jan, on the other hand, was blessed with an incredible fortune that propelled her through life. A pretty but not very extraordinary girl, Jan seemed to succeed against all odds at whatever she fancied pursuing. Not particularly smart, but she aced every test (“I just guessed!” she would explain, much to the annoyance of her peers). Not particularly athletic, but if she made a shot it would score against even the most attentive defense. When she was a young girl, her parents scored big on a longshot investment in the stock market, and she was affluent and happy ever since.

Despite all this difference, Jan and Ken had been friends for about as long as either could remember. Jan always took the time to hang out with her friend and play games, even if he always lost. It was the first day of summer after the end of senior year, and Ken had invited Jan to meet him in the park. You see, over the years Ken had become slightly obsessed with Jan’s superhuman luck. As much as he liked her, it always bothered him that he had never, ever won a single competition against her. It seemed statistically impossible, a miracle of the universe. But today he had a plan.

Ken had spent the last few weeks researching statistics and strategies, specifically for the game Rock, Paper, Scissors. It was a super simple game, one most people assume is entirely luck based. But there’s no such thing as luck, everything comes down to statistics. What your opponent throws is not random; you can predict it, if you know enough. And that’s what Ken was prepared to do, and settle this vendetta once and for all. It wasn’t that he wanted to take revenge per se, but he needed to prove to himself that his bad luck wasn’t real, that things could turn around now that he was an adult in the real world.

Ken sat on a bench along a trail in the middle of the park. It was a bright, sunny June day. He could see Jan skip along the path and wave at him. She was pretty, not with model looks, but her ivory skin and bouncy, mid-length auburn hair were so radiant and healthy, she didn’t seem to have a single physical flaw. They were about the same height, 5’7”, but her perfect, confident posture and endless energy always made him feel smaller. She was dressed in a cute light blue summer dress and a pair of converse shoes.

“Hey, Ken,” Jan sing-songed as she trotted up to the bench, “look what I found!” Her perfect smile beamed as she presented a coupon for free ice cream at a shop around the corner from the park. “Let’s go there today, ok?”

“Uh, yeah, sure,” Ken tried to sound excited, but he was just picturing his ice cream falling off the cone, inevitably.

“How’s the college hunt going?” Jan asked, sitting down beside him on the bench.

“Uh, not so good. I keep getting turned down, I don’t know why, I have all the qualifications,” Ken pondered sadly, remembering that Jan had gotten accepted to several prestigious universities, on top of receiving heaps of scholarships she didn’t need and didn’t even apply for.

“Oh, I’m sure things will work out. So what do ya wanna do?”

Time to spring the plan. “I want to play a game. Rock, Paper, Scissors,” Ken declared in a confident tone, which did not come naturally to him.

“Uh, really? I mean, sure. But,” Jan smirked sinisterly, “you know you’re going to lose, right?”

“Oh, I don’t know. For some reason I feel like luck is on my side today. Best 2 out of 3?”

Jan made a fist with her right hand and placed it on the palm of her left ready to go. Ken knew what to do. Rock, Paper, Scissors…

“Scissors cuts paper!” Jan triumphantly exclaimed. Ken was heartbroken, but he still had a chance. He quickly thought about the results and tried to adapt his next move. He had read enough to know what to do, it had to work, he had the advantage. Jan’s pretty face stared innocently down at him, hair lightly moved by the breeze, awaiting the next move. Rock, Paper, Scissors…

“Rock breaks scissors, I win! Told ya!”

Ken felt sick. He got up from the bench to clear his head, but when he was standing, he noticed something felt wrong. He was shorter. He must have shrunk over a foot, his head wasn’t taller than the bench’s back anymore.

“W-what’s happening!? Jan, y-you see this right?” Ken was freaking out, but he was glad his best and only friend was here.

“Of course, you lost,” she stated bluntly, standing up herself.  Ken looked up and saw Jan’s face looming over him, lit up by the sun at her back.

He was terrified. Turning around to run, Ken tripped on a rock and landed hard on the pavement.

“Aw, poor little boy,” Jan mocked as she grabbed his arm and yanked him back. She was so strong, he couldn’t pull away and was soon sitting back on the bench. “I’m going to give you a chance to keep playing,” she said.

“What do you mean, a chance to keep playing?! Please just let me go get help Jan, I don’t understand…” Ken sputtered, now in tears.

“Do you want to stay like this forever, or do you want a chance at returning to normal? It’s up to you, little guy”. Jan’s tone was so cruel, he had never heard her talk like this before to anyone. But he took her word, and was determined to win. He couldn’t believe that something like this could make him shrink, but this was now a fight for more than just pride.

Two quick losses. Ken’s world blurred as he shrank down further. He fell backwards, seeing Jan sitting next to him, so many times larger.

“Ooh, tough break,” she mocked, before snatching him up in a huge hand. Ken realized just how tiny he had become, he wasn’t even the length of Jan’s hand. He looked all around, somebody had to stop this, but there was nobody else.

“Lucky! We’ve got the park all to ourselves! Wanna make out? I know you’ve got a crush on me…” She pronounced these sentences in breathy mock-sensuousness, blasting Ken with warm, damp air. Not unpleasant but too far from morning to smell minty, it was sweet and mustily earthy. Clothes having shrunk with him, she had to use her massive, freshly manicured but unpainted fingers to rip the jeans, shirt, and underwear from his tiny body. Jan then brought her lips down to her hand, planting a kiss on Ken’s entire upper half, and poked her tongue out just a little bit, delicately poking at his crotch area with the slimy muscle. Despite his wishes, Ken couldn’t help but become aroused by being in the power of his gigantic best friend. He quickly came from the stimulation, making a tiny mess Jan didn’t even seem to notice as she sloppily pulled away from the tiny boy now covered in her saliva.

“That’s gotta be the first time you’ve gotten lucky,” Jan joked, giggling at her own wit. “Well, to make this fair, let’s do a best 2 out of 3 2 out of 3’s, if that makes sense. You’ve got one more chance.”

Jan balled her massive hand into a fist and raised it high into the air. Backlit by the sun, it looked like the hand of a massive statue of some ancient goddess. But it was just his friend, who earlier today was a sweet girl the same height as him. Ken awaited his fate, smashed into a pulp by his friend, a bloody mess mashed into her sweaty palm, to be washed off at the drinking fountain as she goes about her day.

“Rooock…” Jan was drawing it out as long as possible, like she was enjoying it. Ken futilely put out his arms, knowing full well he wasn’t strong enough to stop what was coming. His view was blocked out entirely by the white skin of the underside of her fist. Jan’s heart fluttered, she loved this feeling. Even she wasn’t fully prepared when her hand suddenly stopped moving just a few millimeters from Ken’s tiny body.

“Why…why is this happening…” the exhausted, beaten, tiny figure weakly rasped out, through layers of drying saliva and pam sweat.

Jan sighed, “Well, I guess this is the best time to come out with it. I’m a vampire.” Ken thought this was some kind of joke, an irreverent final insult before she really destroyed him uncaringly. But Jan went on.

“Now, I didn’t even know this for years. But it’s true, I’m a vampire. Not the blood sucking kind. No, I suck something else. You can call it luck, fortune, chance, karma. It’s a fundamental force of the universe. You see, Kenny, all these years I’ve been siphoning my power from you. It wasn’t intentional at first, I was just a little girl. But I came to understand my power over the years. You see, all those not working out for you, all those mistakes, all that tragedy in your life…that was…me…” Jan cackled through interrupted breaths. She was squeezing Ken’s little body with one hand while her other was stuck under her cute little dress. She was really getting off from reflecting on how she had ruined her “friend’s” life.

“Please just let me live…I’ll let you s-siphon from me…I don’t care….we can still be friends…I don’t care if I’m unlucky” Ken begged.

“Hm, I dunno. Honestly it’s gotten kinda boring watching you klutz around for all these years. It’s just kinda pathetic after a while. I can find someone else on the same wavelength, somebody I’ll be less embarrassed to be seen with.” Jan cruelly tightened her grip on the little man. Ken gasped for breath and felt his ribs creak from the pressure.

“L..et…me….play…” he croaked with the last of his breath.

Loosening a little, Jan sighed. “You really don’t get it do you. I. Can’t. Lose.” But it didn’t matter what she said, Ken, now back to sitting on her palm, put his hands in the pose. Jan shook her head, then made the scissors sign with her free hand.

“No, really play!” Ken screamed.

“I am. Come on, you know what I threw so just beat it. Go for it, little guy.”

Enraged, Ken threw the sign for rock. But looking down at this own hand, he saw it had come down as paper. “No…” Somehow his hand wouldn’t obey, he couldn’t contort it to the correct form.

“Do you see now, little one? The universe doesn’t respect you. You are detritus in this world, always have been. A disgusting little bug, an error in the system that forces far greater than you have been conspiring to do away with for years now. And now it’s time.”

Ken was on a far vaster plane than before, but it was still the soft, lined, moist expanse of skin that he knew was Jan’s palm. Her radiant face looked down on him pityingly.

“Look what you’ve become. Or rather, look at what you’ve always been. A bug compared to me. You always knew it deep down, didn’t you? That I was your superior?”

“But..we’re friends…”

Jan burst out laughing. “You still think that? You think I would’ve hung out for one second with you if you weren’t such an easy target?”

She poked him with her index finger, the saliva and sweat causing him to stick to it. He was smaller than this girl’s fingerprint, and most devastatingly, always had been in her eyes.

She lowered him to the ground and scraped him off her finger unceremoniously, like wiping a piece of food off on your napkin while eating. Sitting on the bench high above him, she crossed her one leg over the other, and pulled off her converse shoe, setting it back down on the bench. Her pale foot, no sock, shone gloriously in the sun as she wiggled her long, thin toes. She knew he was watching, and that he knew this cute girl’s foot would be the end of him. Softly, she lowered the foot onto his miniscule body, his head was all that stuck out between her unpainted but well-groomed big and second toes. The sweat from a long hot day with no socks in her converse stained the porous sidewalk and dripped in big (to him) beads all around Ken.

“Phew! I guess there’s no luck in avoiding foot odor cuz I can smell mine from up here.” She mocked, waving a hand in front of her nose despite the glazed over lustful look in her eye and the hand returning to under her dress. “You know how hard it is to find cute shoes in a women’s 13? Well, not very hard for me, but I assume for other people it might be.”

“Do you want to help me one last time, bug?”

Despite the humiliation, despite everything, Ken still loved her and saw her as his best friend. He nodded weakly in agreement.

“I’ve been reading, you know it’s incredibly hard to get ahold of these kinds of texts, but I was lucky enough to stumble upon a few. Anyway, they say if you cultivate a long enough bond with your prey (that’s you!), you can get a huge upgrade in luck by killing them. The universe will reward you for doing what it can’t do directly.”

She pantomimed a crushing motion with her shoe-clad foot, as if the picture wasn’t clear enough.

“So, I need you to die for me. Sorry not sorry, heheheh.” The cute laugh that had made Ken fall in love over the years was now mocking his impending demise.

“Just think of how powerful I’ll become, probably one of the most powerful vampires alive today.  You want that, right?”

Again, Ken weakly nodded. He accepted his fate, and was happy knowing that he was helping out Jan. It was his fault anyway, his hubris that caused him to challenge her. This was his punishment for flying too close to the sun.

“Good, though it’s not like what you decide matters.”

Jan lifted her foot a little bit, with Ken stuck to it from the film of sweat. Sighing in annoyance, she flicked at him with her second toe until he fell back on the ground. The massive perfectly white foot blocked out the sun, it was a sensory overload as Jan’s essence encroached upon everything Ken perceived. The gigantic size 13 felt no resistance when Ken’s body was obliterated under the sweaty sole. Jan lifted up her leg to inspect the damage. A single red splotch less than an inch in circumference. She pressed her nose under her toes, clearly in love with herself and her power as she climaxed to the best orgasm of her life. Luckily nobody was around to see her.

Grabbing her shoe back, she wiped the bloody remains on the well-worn insole before putting it back on.

“From now on, these are my lucky pair!”

Tomorrow, world history would be impacted forever by the reality-warping effect of the luckiest woman alive.