- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Earth-G in the 30th Century…

 

By the time that Atom-G had aged and died, Wonder Woman-G was still in her ongoing prime. She retained the look of a beautiful woman in her thirties, and still had it in the 30th Century. By the time that the Legion of Super-Heroes reached adulthood, they invited Wonder Woman to join their ranks. They fought against the Fatal Four (Tharok, Mano, Persuader and Emerald Empress), the Legion of Super-Villains, and various other villains.

 

One on occasion, the adult Legion of Super-Villains were auditioning for new members, and rejected a number of applicants, not on the basis of their powers, but on the fact that those applicants were inexperienced teenagers, who would be no match for the Legion of Super-Heroes.

 

Feeling a little discouraged, the following members formed the Legion of Substitute Villains:

 

Scream Girl – a renegade from Tyroc’s home of Marzal, who chose to stay on earth and use her voice powers to commit crimes when Marzal vanished to its other location.

 

Divisible Kid – a boy who took a formula which enabled him to split into thirty smaller versions of himself, each two (earth-G sized) inches tall.

 

Might Lass – a girl from a planet where it rained all day every day and evaporated in the constant moonlight all night every night. Her mother invented a ray which would give her super strength, but outside her planet, she found that she only had the strength, when it was raining.

 

Filament Lad – last survivor of a planet whose inhabitants could project intense light from their bodies

 

Trouncing Boy – a rare escapee from the planet Lythll, who had perfected a similar level of martial arts ability to that of Karate Kid.

 

Childfire – a younger clone of Sun Boy created by Dr Regulus, who possesses the same powers.

 

Stun Boy – able to fire knock-out beams from his eyes. (Origin unknown)

 

Platter Cheater Lad – the Vandar Adg of earth-G, who had been experimenting with ancient chemicals (without an adult chemist’s knowledge) at the age of 13, when the comet passed over the ancient city. Not only did he acquire the same agelessness as Wonder Woman, but the ability to allow meat to be bitten from his body and eaten with no blood loss, no pain, and total rejuvenation. As this world’s Vandar Adg had been born later than the Vandar Adg of earth-M, he would remain a 13 year old, rather than an adult, throughout history. He stayed in the shadows, largely outside civilization for long periods at a time, and set up new identities to conceal his ageless existence. It was not until the 30th Century, that he developed any interest in crime.

 

They held their first meeting in their secret headquarters, and began discussing a way to elect their leader.

 

“I think we should hold a contest to see who can ambush and defeat the newest member of the Legion of Super-Heroes,” said Stun Boy.

 

“Wonder Woman! An excellent idea. She’s no pushover,” said Might Lass.

 

“Why chance getting captured by her one at a time?” said Scream Girl, “Why don’t we lure her out with a fake distress call, and then all jump her at once. Whoever finds a way to bring her down becomes our new leader, and we’ll keep her as hostage to stop the Legion of Super-Heroes from interfering with our future activities.”

 

So the Legion of Substitute Villains sent Divisible Kid to stake out the area outside Legion Headquarters. Each of his tiny selves was well hidden, until he was able to report a day when every Legionnaire except Wonder Woman was out on missions. Then he radioed in his team to send the distress call.

 

Might Lass was singing to herself in the shower at the time:

“I’m only mighty when it rains.” As it was a sunny day, the most she could add to the team was one more non-powered opponent to keep Wonder Woman occupied.

 

Wonder Woman soon turned up in the field that they had chosen, and then the Legion of Substitute Villains sprang up from the long grass and attacked her.

 

Stun Boy aimed his knock out vision at Wonder Woman, who quickly deflected it with her bracelets. The first bolt went off at an angle, and hit Scream Girl, knocking her out. The second bolt hit Stun Boy himself, and the villain passed out.

 

Trouncing Boy and Might Lass leaped into the fray, running interference, but neither of them was strong enough to prevail against Wonder Woman, who quickly knocked both of them out.

 

Filament Lad approached Wonder Woman, and began lighting up his body. Seeing the imminent danger, Wonder Woman grabbed hold of Divisible Kid to shield herself, but the boy managed to separate into his miniature selves, just as the light reached its brightest. Now each of the Divisible Kids was unable to see his other selves and rejoin as one. His vision would not come back for hours.

 

During the second that this action had happened, Wonder Woman had jumped aside at amazing speed, grabbed Platter Cheater Lad and tossed him at Childfire, just as the boy had turned on his heat. Platter Cheater Lad found his outer flesh suddenly cooked, with the affect that (though painless to him), the effect drained Childfire of his heat emissions for the moment.

 

Ducking behind the confused duo, Wonder Woman threw her tiara at Filament Lad, knocking him out too.

Hours later, Trouncing Boy, Might Lass, Childfire, Stun Boy, Scream Girl and Filament Lad awoke in separate cells in Science Police Headquarters. Each cell had been specially prepared to resist their powers, though in Might Lass’s case, all that was needed was to choose a cell with no sprinkler.

 

For Divisible Kid, the experience was a little different. Each of his selves had a mind of its own and could make its own decisions, while he was separated. When rejoined, he would acquire the memory of all of them. For now, one of his selves awoke and looked up at the face of Wonder Woman. He saw that he was on a plate at a dining table.

 

“I’ve hidden each one of your other selves in a different drawer in various parts of my house,” said Wonder Woman, “Around a millennium ago, I ate a villain your size named Mouse Man. Some time after that, I repeatedly ate my boyfriend the Atom, until he passed on. I’m going to eat you whole now, and then wait until you’re completely digested, before eating another of your selves tomorrow. I shall do that once a day until all of you are gone. By waiting, I’ll ensure that you won’t be there to rejoin with your next self in my stomach after I’ve eaten him.”

 

There was nothing that each miniature Divisible Kid could do except wait to be eaten. One of them managed to escape his confines and came across Wonder Woman’s diaries, while she was out on a Legion of Super-Heroes mission. He found the 20th Century volumes, and learned of the cave that led to earth-M, where people were all his current size. Unable to locate and free his other selves, he resigned himself to Wonder Woman eating all of them, and fled to earth-M, and lived out the rest of his days as a normal sized person on that world.

 

Wonder Woman could never understand his disappearance, but when she had eaten all of the other Divisible Kid selves, she turned her attention to a room in which she had locked Platter Cheater Lad.

 

“When Childfire cooked you, you smelt distinctly delicious,” said Wonder Woman, “I’m prepared to keep the Science Police and the other Legionnaires from learning of your existence, and I’d like you to live here and be an endless supply of food for me. I shall build a larger oven, sometimes cook you and sometimes eat parts of you raw. It’ll be the first ongoing opportunity to eat someone I’ve had in a millennium… and there’s one more thing.”

 


“What’s that?” asked Platter Cheater Lad.

 

“I think you’re deliciously cute, and everyone throughout time has found me beautiful. You’re the one I’d like to choose. Since you’re going to be here anyway, would you like to be my boyfriend until you’re …?”

 

“Dead. I never will be,” said Platter Cheater Lad, and explained his origin.

 

“But that was the comet that stopped me aging too,” said Wonder Woman, “Tuckerbox of Joan! You must have been that one boy in the city at the time it happened. I wondered what had happened to you. I’d forgotten what you looked like.”

 

“Well it has been thousands of years,” said Platter Cheater Lad, “And I accept your offer, Wonder Woman. I’d love to be partly eaten by you and also to be your boyfriend.”

 

“Well could I have some of you for dinner now?” asked Wonder Woman.

 

“Absolutely,” said Platter Cheater Lad.

 

He watched in glee as Wonder Woman revealed her sparkling tongue and licked the flesh of his slim arm first, before biting into his upper arm and chewing and swallowing its meat. It took about an hour for it to regenerate, after she’d eaten her fill, and then they sat down at the couch and began kissing each other.

Chapter End Notes:

Will the author ever think of a way to resolve the situation with a man-hungry Giganta that was still going at the end of Chapter 8? Only time will tell.