- Text Size +

“I must admit, when we were in that outdoor restaurant having fish and chips a few months ago, I saw you pick up chips one or two at a time, and put out your tongue to lower them onto it. There was something about the way your tongue sparkled in the sunlight. It made me imagine things.”

 

“What sort of things?”

 

“Like being lowered onto your tongue, or being licked.”

 

“Or being eaten,” said Doris.

 

“Yes! We’ve been together for two decades, and it’s the only thing we haven’t done. You don’t want kids, and neither do I. We’ve talked about that early in the piece. The only thing we haven’t done is this.”

 

“We really are made for each other!” said Doris.

 

“You know what would make it even better.”

 

“What?”

 

“Knowing you’d have done it even if I said no.”

 

“I would.”

 

“Is that what you were leading up to just now?”

 

“Yes. I was just taunting you with the invitation. I expected you to bow out. You surprised me.”

 

“Does my enthusiasm spoil it for you?”

 

“No. I just want to gobble you down.”

 

“Well your view makes it better for me.”

 

“Let’s on with it then,” said Doris.

 

“Now?” asked Dale.

 

“No time like the present,” said Doris.

 

“But it will be the thrill of a lifetime for both of us. I was thinking we could build up to it.”

 

“Or that you could change your mind and escape back on earth?”

 

“No, not at all, I promise. If we stay here, you can stay giant sized and take me on a few dates here first. I can’t get away from a giant you, and I don’t want to.”

 

“Alright,” said Doris, “I’ve made enough arrangements here since we discovered this world, so that I can function in it effectively.”

 

They dated for a few more weeks, and each of them enjoyed the anticipation. Lying on Doris’s neck at nights was a pleasant experience for Dale with the thought of being gulped down inside it in the near future.

 

Doris brought a giant picnic rug and set it up on the day concerned. She lifted Dale up and put out her tongue slowly and licked him.

 

“Oh Doris, it’s incredible. I love being eaten by you!”

 

“You’re quite a treat yourself,” said Doris.

 

After a series of interesting mouth play movements, Doris was ready to finish the meal.

 

“You’d better be going down then,” she said.

 

“I’m all set,” said Dale.

 

“Have a good ride, darling,” said Doris, and slid him into her mouth and slowly down her throat, “… Let’s hope the next one is not quite so willing.”

 

Wonder Woman and Mouse Man were enjoying their love affair, with no idea that an incumbent version of Giganta would soon be menacing the world.

 

 

Mouse Man, Wonder Woman and Vandal Savage and the other Amazons would live agelessly into the 30th Century, and would eventually encounter the Legion of Super-Heroes, but that was another story. For now the Justice League of America had seen a number of relationships continuing successfully. Green Arrow and Black Canary were growing closer together. Superman was involved with Lois Lane. Flash and Atom were married to Iris and Jean. Hawkman and Hawkgirl were pleased that Hawkgirl had recently joined the team. Something in the altered timeline had prevented Elongated Man and Zatanna and Red Tornado from meeting and joining the Justice League.

 

Bruce Wayne’s romance with Silver St Cloud had taken a surprising turn for the better in the altered timeline. Having seen news reports of Wonder Woman’s public involvement with the somewhat small and vulnerable Mouse Man, Silver had been inspired to leave her worries for Batman’s safety behind and hold onto their relationship.

 

Alpheus Hyatt retired, and left the Time Pool in the care of Wonder Woman, so that Mouse Man could continue to use it.

 

 

Not long after Giganta ate her long time boyfriend Dale, Wonder Woman and Mouse Man were visited by a familiar looking eight foot tall woman.

 

“Do I call you Doris or Giganta in this timeline?” asked Mouse Man.

 

“Actually it’s Miniscula,” said the woman, “I come from a parallel earth, where everyone is so large that you, Wonder Woman would be the relative size of your Mouse Man to the people of our earth. I’ll call it earth-G for giant and call yours earth-M for miniature. I discovered a glowing cave, but couldn’t fit into it, except for my hand and forearm. Its radiation gave me the ability to shrink from my regular size to this one. I went inside, explored the cave, and came out to find that I was on your world. The next time I went in and came out again, I was on my own world, and so on. I took the name Miniscula because of my shrinking power, and used it for petty crime.”

 

“Then why should we trust your word on anything?” asked Wonder Woman.

 

“Because there is one thing I would not be prepared to do, though the urge is there,” said Miniscula, “Namely, eating young men from your world. I recently saw a parallel version of myself from your world, who had acquired the power of growing to the size of my world’s inhabitants after she first entered the cave that links our worlds. She brought her boyfriend there and ate him, while I watched from concealment.”

 

“That must have been Giganta,” said Mouse Man, “She was a foe of yours in a previous timeline here, Wonder Woman. I altered her past to prevent it, when I used the Time Pool one time.”

 

“When she’d finished swallowing the man, she said aloud to herself, ‘Let’s hope the next one is not quite so willing.’ I knew that she meant to come here and lure other young men from your world to ours, where she could enlarge herself unnoticed and eat them whole. I know how much she wants to do it, because I’ve resisted the urge myself,” said Miniscula.

 

“How ironic,” thought Mouse Man, “Even though I changed her past, Giganta still retained her taste for swallowing young men whole. Her counterpart here, though involved in other crime, is so against eating people that she came here to warn us.”

 

“Could you take us to this cave and show us the way to your world?” asked Wonder Woman, “We can lie in wait for Giganta there.”

 

Miniscula led them to the giant earth and was walking them through the jungle at her reduced eight foot height, when a costumed figure jumped out of the trees and began wrestling with Miniscula. He looked exactly like the Atom, except that he was six foot tall. Mouse Man and Wonder Woman realized that it must be Atom-G, who was their size while in his shrunken form.

 

“Wait!” said Wonder Woman, “She’s just helped us to save people from a villain from our world, which parallels yours in a number of ways. In fact the villain we’re after is called Giganta, and she’s a parallel version of Miniscula.”

 

“I guess that’s possible,” said Atom-G, “I just noticed that you look like my Wonder Woman, except for not having her skirt. Alright, Miniscula. I’ll take their word for it, but next time I see you, I’ll bring you in.”

 

Miniscula thanked him and left.

 

“There’s a Wonder Woman here?” said Wonder Woman.

 

“Up here!” came a voice, and Wonder Woman and Mouse Man looked up to see the towering form of Wonder Woman-G stepping into view.

 

Her costume was identical, except that instead of discarding the skirt early in her career, she had opted to wear an even longer one and her boots only came up to her ankles. She was too large to even notice Mouse Man.