- Text Size +

He stared in at her approaching tongue and wondered how to convince her. He’d been mercilessly eaten by that beautiful mouth of hers once before.

 

That was it!

 

“Doris! I mean Giganta, I can prove it to you! This isn’t the first time you’ve eaten me. Do you remember eating another Mouse Man once, back before you became a gorilla?”

 

“Yes, but how did you know?”

 

“I was him! I time travelled.”

 

“But I gulped him all the way down.”

 

“Did you feel fed afterwards?”

 

“Oddly enough I didn’t. But how could you possibly have escaped my stomach, if that was you?”

 

“The Time Pool is so small that only I can use it, and the Atom if he still wanted to. Its operator simply called me back and I was drawn from your stomach in the past to the Time Pool in my present.”

 

“I guess it must be true,” said Giganta.

 

“Well I can go back to the Friday afternoon in the 1950s when Dale was killed in that alley and stop them. I’ll ask the Atom to go with me. He retains the ability to have his full weight even at tiny size. He’ll give Arnie and Val a hiding, and then we’ll get them booked for attempted murder.”

 

“What have I got to lose?” asked Giganta, “I guess I already got to eat you once. I wonder if that will still have happened after my younger self gets that date with Dale.”

 

“Maybe you’ll never become a gorilla,” said Mouse Man, “You can take me at my word. I feel for your situation.”

 

He told her all about his own long crush on Wonder Woman, and the time he had to wait to win her heart. He left out his knowledge of the origins of the Amazons, but convinced Giganta of both his ability to change her past and of his sincere concern for her romantic well being.

 

“There is one thing you could do for me though,” said Mouse Man.

 

“Let you go, of course. It won’t work if I don’t.”

 

“Yes, but if I’m going to go back and save your true love, you have to save mine. Do you know where that lot took Wonder Woman?”

 

“Yes, we planned it. She’ll be at Angle Man’s latest secret lair.”

 

“You have to take me there, after Atom gets me help from Wonder Woman’s Justice League friends to even the odds. There’s too many for three of us to take on.”

 

Mouse Man contacted the Atom, who managed to enlist Green Arrow, Black Canary, the Flash and Hawkgirl. The five Super Heroes, along with Mouse Man and Giganta were able to make a surprise entry and free Wonder Woman from the villains.

 

Soon after that, Mouse Man and Atom made their way into the past, while Wonder Woman stayed with Professor Hyatt. While the Atom threw himself into the fight, the Mouse Man carefully gathered up the falling knives, which Arnie and Val dropped in the fight. The finger prints would be useful in convicting the boys for attempted murder. Atom flew off and returned to the scene moments later as Ray Palmer, so that he could hand the defeated boys over to the police without having to explain the presence of the Atom in the past. The police took a witness statement from Dale and were about to ask Ray Palmer for the same thing, when they noticed that the man had mysteriously left the room unseen.

 

The Atom left the police station at miniature size, before the need to identify himself arose, and felt confident that Doris would now keep her date with Dale that night.

 

 

With Atom and Mouse Man back in 1978, and 1950s Doris none the wiser about their involvement, she met Dale at the cinema and enjoyed the movie, putting her huge arm around him for most of the second half. After that, they went to an all evening malt shop, enjoyed sodas together, and then Doris walked him home.

 

“I know it’s traditional for the guy to do it,” said Doris.

 

“I understand. It works better if you protect me. Nobody could hurt you,” said Dale, and noticed that Doris had stopped walking with her body touching against his.

 

He stretched up and kissed her. He felt her powerful arms embracing him, and was hugged tightly against her huge body and enjoyed every moment of it immensely as they kissed and cuddled under a street light.

 

Dale and Doris continued dating throughout their teenage years, and into their twenties. Doris never met Grodd, was never turned into a gorilla, and never met Zool.

 

Mouse Man would remember both timelines, but the world at large would never know of a super villain named Giganta.

 

 

1975….

 

Doris and Dale were exploring a fairly untraveled American jungle, when they came to a glowing cave. They went inside, looked around and came out, to find that everything outside had changed. The jungle was now giant sized, but not only that, it was totally different.

 

“That cave must have taken us to another world,” said Dale, “I don’t know how, since we came out the way we went in, but it has.”

 

They walked a little way, and then saw a giantess approaching.

 

“We’d better get out of here,” said Giganta, and ran for the cave.

 

They reached it just before the giantess could grab them, and waited until she gave up and left. Then they walked back out, to find themselves once again on their own world.

 

“It must alternate as a doorway to both worlds, one at a time,” said Dale, as they headed back into the jungle of their own world, “It’s not safe for us to explore that world, now that you’re no longer the biggest woman around. Though you are still my favourite.”

 

“I should hope so,” said Doris, “But the funny thing is that I feel like I could…”

 

Both Doris and her clothing began growing until she was as big as the giantess they had seen in the other world.

 

“How did you do that?” asked Dale.

 

“It must be something in the unusual chemistry of my own large body, activated by that world or the cave,” said Doris.

 

“Yes, the glowing light in that cave’s walls could be radioactive, but only to you. It’s given you the power of giant size.”

 

“And apparently the power to shrink down to my regular eight feet height too,” said Doris and reduced herself to the size that Dale had admired for years.”

 

“I guess we can explore it, with you to look after me,” said Dale.

 

“It all began for us, with me looking after you,” said Doris, with a trace of amusement in her voice that Dale had never seen before.

 

“Can you do something else for me in that world?” asked Dale, with a shyness that she had not seen in him since they had first started dating.

 

“What?” asked Doris.

 

“Kiss me while you’re a giantess,” said Dale.

 

“Sure. You’d really like that, would you?”

 

“I sure would.”

 

They went back to the cave, and then out again, this time into the giant world. Checking around for other giants, they found themselves apparently alone, and Dale watched his beautiful girlfriend grow to enormous proportions again.

 

She gave him a marvelous kiss, and then lay down and let him rest on her upper body.

 

“When I first started dating you, I didn’t think it could get any better, but I love you even more now,” said Dale.

 

They made many trips to the giant world together, telling nobody on their own world of its existence, and the 1978 of the altered timeline rolled around in due course. One day they made their way into the giant world again, and Doris sat down with Dale at around 1pm and looked down at him.

 

“I feel like a picnic lunch,” she said.

 

“But we didn’t bring any food. Even if you shrink back to normal size, there’s nothing to feed either of us.”

 

“Isn’t there?” asked Doris, “I was thinking mainly of a good meal for myself. I’ve looked after you well over the years, but I’ve seen you in a different light since I acquired my power. I can’t deny it any longer. Can you see how you might be able to assist me for a change?”

 

“Do you mean you’re asking me to be the picnic food?” asked Dale.

 

“You wouldn’t suffer, given our size differences,” said Doris, “I’ve thought about it a lot.”

 

Though Doris no longer had any memory of having eaten the Mouse Man in a previous timeline, she had still acquired the same desire to eat a smaller man as a giantess in this case. Had the original timeline remained, she would still have found the cave and acquired the power to grow to giant size.