- Text Size +

Giganta assembled every enemy of Wonder Woman who wasn’t currently incarcerated, and they agreed to launch an all out assault on the Amazonian Super Heroinne. Angle Man became their tactician and planned the attack.

First they busted Cheetah out of prison, knowing that this would draw out Wonder Woman. Then, while Wonder Woman was busy fighting all of the others, Giganta began to search the area surrounding the prison, until she came upon the Mouse Man, who was observing the battle.

 

“I didn’t think you’d find yourself much use against my team of villains,” said Giganta, seizing the Mouse Man, “But I also knew you’d want to be close to your girlfriend. It’s the last you’ll ever see of her.”

 

Giganta ran away with her tiny captive in hand.

 

“She obviously wants to eat me, like she did last time, when I was in the past,” thought the Mouse Man, “But she doesn’t know that I’m the same guy. She won’t expect me to be aware of her plans.”

 

Giganta took him to her house and set him down on a table, releasing her grip on him.

 

“If you’re going to get rid of me for revenge on Wonder Woman, there’s one way you could do it that would be preferable to me,” said the Mouse Man, “You have a beautiful big mouth, Giganta. Would you be interested in eating me?”

 

“As it turns out, that’s what I had in mind, little man,” said the huge woman.

 

“Well you’re big enough to swallow me whole, and this is a lovely venue to do it,” said Mouse Man.

 

“Maybe I should have just asked you out on a one way dinner date,” said Giganta, “This isn’t about revenge on Wonder Woman. I’ve been wanting to gobble you down, ever since I first learned of Wonder Woman’s tiny dating partner.”

 

“I know a great Mouserole recipe that you could make with me,” said the Mouse Man, “Can you take me to your kitchen?”

 

“It’d be my pleasure,” said Giganta, and soon set him down on her kitchen bench.

 

Mouse Man began suggesting various spices, which Giganta proceeded to fetch from drawers. While she was doing it, Mouse Man managed to silently summon all the mice in the area to find their ways into the house and head for the kitchen. Soon there were several of them on the floor.

 

Giganta shrieked with rage at their unsightly presence and ran for the broom closet. She opened the kitchen door to the back yard and began chasing the vermin from the kitchen with a broom. While she was occupied, the Mouse Man managed to get to the oven, which was beside the kitchen bench, and hide himself well behind it.

 

Giganta drove all the mice out and came back with a bucket and mop and noticed Mouse Man’s absence.

 

“So it was you who brought them here somehow to cover your escape,” said Giganta, “Well I’ll find you as soon as I’ve cleaned the floor.”

 

Giganta mopped the floor and then spent a long time searching the kitchen.

 

“You must be able to climb like a real mouse to have gotten down to the floor,” she said, “But you won’t get out of this room.”

 

It was a stale mate for a long time, and then Giganta suddenly guessed what he had done, and tried to reach behind the oven to grab him. Her hands and arms were too large.

 

“Why don’t you just give up and let me go?” asked Mouse Man, “It’s not fair to eat someone against their will.”

 

“I’m hardly going to get a willing volunteer, am I?” said Giganta, “And what would you know about fairness? I gave up on that a long time ago.”

 

“When?”

 

“When I was 16.”

 

“Why?”

 

 

The 1950s…

 

Dale Roland was the skinniest guy in the school. For years the teachers had done their best to protect him from bullies, but 10th grade was the hardest time he’d had to date. One day after school, he was walking to the bus stop, when two of his worst enemies stepped out of an alley way and walked towards him.

 

There was no point in running. He’d consistently come last in any athletic activity at school. He’d be outrun, caught and beaten up anyway. Arnie and Val drew nearer, and then Arnie grabbed him, while Val snatched his bag and emptied it into the gutter, books and all.

 

“Thanks for getting me suspended last time you dobbed us in,” said Arnie.

 

“Why don’t you let him go?” came a voice.

 

“It’s the freak,” sneered Val, “Weren’t the doorways big enough in your old school, Doris?”

 

Dale could now see that it was the new girl Doris, who’d transferred from another school. She was seven feet tall already, and had red hair and a heavily built body, which he’d begun to admire from afar as soon as she’d come to the school.

 

“I said LET HIM GO!” said Doris.

 

Dale had never seen her like that before. No one had.

 

Doris took hold of Arnie, forcing him to release Dale. The girl had just surprised the largest bully in the school with the true extent of her strength. She heaved the teenaged thug against the wall, before Val shoved her from behind, catching her off guard.

 

As she regained her balance, Arnie swung at her. Doris dodged, and punched Arnie with unprecedented female strength and knocked him off his feet. She pivoted around and launched an equally devastating blow at Val, who took it in the chest and buckled over.

 

There was no fight left in either of them.

 

“Get your sorry selves out of here, and if you ever bully anyone in the school again, I’ll really finish this!” said Doris and watched them leave.

 

“Thank you so much,” said Dale, “I’m so glad you came to our school.”

 

“I got teased for my unusual height at an all girls school until I got sick of it and transferred here,” said Doris, “It looks like we’ve both had a hard time.”

 

“But your height’s great. I like you much more than any other girl in the school or anywhere,” said Dale.

 

“I didn’t think a regular guy would ever be interested in me. I guess you’re actually a very special guy. I’ll help you pick up your books.”

 

They gathered up everything that had fallen from the bag and had soon packed everything.

 

“Would you like to go out with me on Friday night and see a movie?” asked Dale.

 

“Sure,” said Doris.

 

They made their arrangement, and Doris waited outside the cinema on the Friday night, but Dale never came. So surprised was she at being stood up by such a promising potential boyfriend, that she walked the streets trying to work out why. Her steps took her towards the alley where she had rescued him two days earlier, and she saw a police cordon with tape.

 

“What happened?” she asked.

 

“A boy’s been murdered, stabbed to death. He went to the local high school.”

 

“So do I,” said Doris, “Who was it?”

 

To her horror, she learned that it had been Dale. She told the police of the incident two days earlier, and a search of Val’s and Arnie’s houses soon yielded some clothing with small, barely noticeable blood stains at Val’s place. They were interrogated until they admitted where they’d disposed of the knives they’d used, charged and locked away.

 

 

1978…

 

“Do you think that the word fair even remains in my vocabulary?” asked Giganta, “Dale was handsome, shy, and cute. We didn’t get one date! That’s a lot less than you had with Wonder Woman. Where was your Amazon when Dale needed her? Well I’ve made sure she won’t be there when you need her, and you’re going to be my dinner!”

 

“Not likely,” said the Mouse Man, “I’m staying put.”

 

Giganta squeezed her fingers down behind both sides of the oven and pulled until she’d ripped her own oven out of the kitchen furnishings. She put it on the kitchen table and loomed in front of Mouse Man.

 

“It’s all over for you now, little man, and you’re lucky I want you to go down whole, after you made me wreck my own kitchen to get at you.”

 

“It doesn’t have to be this way,” said Mouse Man, as Giganta seized him and carried him into the living room and sat on a couch, “It can be changed. I have a way to time travel back to when you were teenage Doris. Arnie and Val can be stopped, as long as you can pinpoint the date it happened.”

 

“How could I ever forget that date? As far as I’m concerned, it was the worst day of the 1950s?” said Giganta, “But as if I’m going to give you the chance to trick your way into another escape attempt with a phony story like time travel.”

 

Giganta opened her mouth and tilted her head and lowered him slowly towards her tongue, which now formed the following words:

 

“Take a good look, Mousey. You won’t be coming back out again.”